Bridgeport, CT Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Bridgeport Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Treatment Center
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Transitional Facilities
- Continuing Care
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Residents of Bridgeport, Connecticut have access to some high-quality drug and alcohol rehab facilities. Professional treatment by addiction experts is one of the most effective ways to combat addiction and other substance use disorders.
Addiction, or substance abuse disorders, account for tens of thousands of deaths across the United States every year. One of the best ways to treat the chronic disease of drug or alcohol addiction is to seek professional treatment at a qualified alcohol and drug treatment facility.
Drug and alcohol rehab facilities in Bridgeport and nearby areas provide a variety of inpatient treatment and outpatient treatment options for people battling addiction. These drug rehab centers offer a path to a more fulfilling, drug-free life.
Bridgeport, Connecticut Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The city of Bridgeport and the entire state of Connecticut have been battling opioid and other drug addiction issues for decades. In 2018, Connecticut reported 948 deaths related to opioid overdoses alone.
Heroin and other opiates are the primary drugs used throughout the state of Connecticut. They account for more than half of admissions into alcohol and drug treatment facilities.
However, alcohol, cocaine, and other prescription drugs are also common drugs leading to admission into drug rehab centers or other substance abuse treatment programs.
Bridgeport Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Officials and organizations across the state of Connecticut have been attempting to quell the opioid crisis since it began decades ago.
The following are several of the preventative efforts taken by officials to combat the opioid crisis and other issues caused by substance abuse:
- creating walk-in assessment centers for those seeking help with opioid abuse
- establishing the Connecticut State Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- providing resources for those seeking quality addiction treatment programs in Connecticut and nearby states
- offering 24-hour crisis helplines for addiction help
- implementing the Change the Script campaign to reduce opioid and prescription drug abuse across Connecticut
State officials are constantly working to battle substance abuse across Connecticut. They’ve made it easy for residents to locate nearby alcohol and drug treatment centers, so they can get the help they need to manage addiction quickly and conveniently.
Selecting An Addiction Treatment Center Near Bridgeport
The process of choosing a drug rehab center that’s ideal for your needs can be a difficult one. However, most accredited rehab centers throughout Connecticut and nearby New England states share a number of similar qualities.
The following are a few characteristics to look for when choosing an addiction treatment facility:
- treatment by professionals: treatment programs are created and implemented by certified and credentials addiction experts
- individualized treatment plans: a treatment plan is created specifically to suit your addiction and personal needs
- aftercare programs: continuing care is provided after completing residential programs or outpatient treatment
- family involvement: family and other loved ones are encouraged to play an active role in the addiction recovery process
- detox programs: detox programs are available to help recovering individuals withdraw from addictive substances
Rehab Centers Near Bridgeport, Connecticut
Different rehab centers offer different treatment methods. However, several treatment programs are common amongst the country’s leading addiction treatment centers. The following are rehab programs you’re likely to find at rehab centers across Connecticut and nearby states.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Most accredited drug rehab facilities offer access to a drug and alcohol detox center. These rehab centers provide around-the-clock care for those withdrawing from addictive substances.
Many times, a detox center will offer medication-assisted treatment to ease the symptoms associated with withdrawal. This may involve the use of FDA-approved medications such as buprenorphine or methadone.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment programs across Connecticut and nearby states are often referred to as residential treatment programs. This is because the recovering individual lives on-campus at the drug rehab center. Inpatient programs can vary greatly and typically include a variety of therapy sessions and activities designed to combat the harmful effects of addiction.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment programs typically offer more freedom for the recovering individual. These programs often follow residential treatment and can vary greatly in intensity. Recovering individuals undergoing outpatient treatment can often continue with some aspects of their normal daily routines, such as working or going to school.
Sober Living And Transitional Facilities
Transitional facilities are designed to help recovering individuals return to a more traditional daily routine. Often known as sober living homes, these residences provide a supportive, drug-and-alcohol-free living environment.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Aftercare and continuing care programs are essential to continuing along the path to recovery after undergoing inpatient or outpatient programs. Twelve-step programs, sober sponsors, and drug rehab center alumni events are all examples of aftercare programs designed to prevent relapse.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Bridgeport, Connecticut
Residents of Bridgeport, Connecticut are fortunate to live just 2.5 hours from the accredited Spring Hill Recovery Center. This esteemed alcohol and drug treatment center is equipped with credentialed and certified addiction experts who know what it takes to recover from varying types of addiction.
At Spring Hill Recovery Center, we provide patient-centered treatment programs that are tailored to suit your specific addiction and personal needs. Even more, your treatment will take place on our expansive campus set in the picturesque woodlands of Ashby, Massachusetts. It’s the perfect setting to help you heal mentally and physically from the effects of addiction.
Contact Spring Hill Recovery Center to find out more about our esteemed rehab facility and evidence-based treatment programs today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Connecticut: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/connecticut-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Connecticut State Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services — Connecticut State Department of Mental Health And Addiction Resources https://portal.ct.gov/DMHAS/Newsworthy/Press-Releases-2017/DMHAS-Annual-Report-Shows-Heroin-as-Most-Frequent-Drug-Reported-in-Admissions-for-Substance-Abuse-Tr