Essex, CT Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- What To Look For
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Find A Connecticut Rehab Center
Essex, Connecticut and the greater New England area is home to a number of addiction treatment centers, which aim to help people struggling with alcohol or drug addiction find long-term recovery.
Essex, Connecticut, is located in Middlesex County. It’s made up of three villages, Ivoryton, Centerbrook, and Essex Village. Located on the Connecticut River, it’s home to around 6,683 people.
Essex is among many areas in Connecticut that have been affected by substance abuse. Those living in Essex can find help for addiction through drug and alcohol treatment programs. Drug rehab programs offer detox, inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, and other treatment services to encourage sobriety.
What To Look For In An Essex Rehab Center
When looking for a drug and alcohol rehab center in Essex to help with addiction treatment, it’s key to find a treatment program with evidence-based treatments.
Those treatments are known to have positive outcomes, making it more likely for patients to recover and maintain their sobriety in the long-term.
Programs to look for include:
- intensive outpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- talk therapy
- group therapy
- 12-step programs
- detoxification support
- 24-hour inpatient treatment
- dual diagnosis treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
The first thing any new substance use disorder patient will do is go through detox. Detox is the first step because it cleanses the body of substances while helping the patient avoid uncomfortable or dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
Essex Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment programs, also known as residential treatment programs, provide a place for patients to live comfortably while going through substance abuse treatment. This safe space separates patients from outside influences. Rehab programs may last anywhere from 30 to 90 days in most cases.
Essex Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment programs are helpful for those who have responsibilities that make it impossible for them to attend inpatient treatment. Outpatient programs can be intensive or non-intensive, with meetings several times each week.
Medication-assisted treatment, known as MAT, uses drugs like Suboxone, naltrexone, buprenorphine, and methadone to help patients manage their symptoms of withdrawal. These medications may be taken in the short- or long-term to help prevent cravings and relapses.
Find Addiction Treatment In Essex, Connecticut
If you’re ready to fight back against drug or alcohol addiction, now is the time to seek help. At Spring Hill Recovery Center, we know that those struggling with a substance use disorder deserve an opportunity to overcome it and live a sober lifestyle.
We’re here to help you find the right recovery program for your specific needs. Call us to learn more about the rehab programs we offer.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2022 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Connecticut State Department of Health — Opioids and Prescription Drug Overdose Prevention https://portal.ct.gov/dph/Health-Education-Management--Surveillance/The-Office-of-Injury-Prevention/Opioids-and-Prescription-Drug-Overdose-Prevention-Program
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Connecticut: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/connecticut-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Patch Stonington — CT Heroin Epidemic: Interactive Map of Deaths by Town https://patch.com/connecticut/stonington/ct-heroin-epidemic-interactive-map-deaths-town