Hartford, CT Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Hartford Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Treatment Center
- Detoxification Programs
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Homes
- Aftercare Recovery
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Alcohol and drug rehab centers near Hartford, Connecticut offer detox, inpatient treatment, and outpatient treatment programs to help individuals overcome substance use disorders and reclaim their health.
Drug and alcohol addiction are serious problems that may be life-threatening without proper treatment and recovery. Substance abuse can significantly impact a person’s physical and mental health, as well as degrade their relationships with others. This is why finding a professional, supportive addiction treatment program is so critical for long-term recovery success.
Alcohol and drug treatment centers in the Hartford, Connecticut area offer a wide range of detox, inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, and residential treatment options for addicted individuals. These rehab programs are designed to provide medical and behavioral therapy to support addiction recovery.
Hartford, Connecticut Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Alcohol addiction and opioid abuse are two of the most serious health issues confronting Hartford residents. Abuse of these substances, as well as a wide variety of other addictive drugs, can lead to long-term health problems, relationship complications, and career disruptions, among other issues.
In 2016, over 61,000 Connecticut residents received professional treatment for a substance use disorder. Over 46 percent of treatment recipients identified heroin and other opiates as their drugs of choice, while 29 percent stated alcohol was their primary addiction. From 2015 to 2018, opioids were responsible for over 1,000 fatalities in the Hartford area.
Hartford Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Drug and alcohol abuse seriously impact not only the city of Hartford but the entire state of Connecticut.
To help combat the far-reaching effects of both the opioid crisis and alcohol abuse, Connecticut health officials are working to:
- educate medical providers and patients on effective pain management
- educate residents and healthcare workers on the benefits of the life-saving medication, naloxone, which counteracts the effects of opioid overdose
- reduce the number of opioid prescriptions issued annually
- implement additional, focused drug rehab programs throughout Hartford County and the state
- create safe disposal sites for unused prescription medications
Drug and alcohol rehab programs near Hartford offer a wide variety of substance abuse treatment programs designed to meet the needs of addicted individuals. Detox programs, 24/7 inpatient treatment, residential treatment, and numerous outpatient treatment options are widely available in this area of New England.
Selecting An Addiction Treatment Center
Finding the addiction treatment program that best meets your unique needs can be challenging.
As you search for a rehab center, consider selecting a treatment facility that offers the following:
- experience treating your type of addiction: in-depth experience treating your specific type of addiction can significantly improve the outcome of the treatment program
- customized treatment approaches: individually personalized treatment programs are designed to meet each individual’s unique needs throughout the rehab process
- evidence-based treatment: treatment modalities with published, peer-reviewed evidence demonstrate efficacy in helping individuals overcome addiction
- relapse prevention planning: strategies, resources, and tools for maintaining lasting sobriety can significantly improve the long-term outcome of addiction treatment
Rehab Centers Near Hartford, Connecticut
Alcohol and drug rehab centers offer a wide variety of treatments and therapy options to meet the needs of those struggling with addiction. However, each addiction treatment center is unique and offers its own collection of programs.
The type of treatment an individual requires can depend on an array of factors, one of the most prevalent of which is their current recovery status.
Generally, those with substance use disorders enroll in one or more of the following types of treatment programs:
Drug And Alcohol Detox
Alcohol and drug detox provides critical care for individuals who require a safe, supervised environment to detox from addictive substances.
Detoxification programs typically provide behavioral and medical support, as well as medication-assisted detox, if necessary. This could include use of medications such as buprenorphine or methadone to ease withdrawal symptoms.
Depending on the treatment center, residents may also have access to services designed to help them transition to an inpatient treatment program.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient rehab programs for substance use disorders provide 24-hour access to professional medical care, behavioral support, and a variety of other addiction therapy services.
These residential treatment programs are designed to offer high-level, supervised care to support overall healing from the effects of substance addiction. For some, this can also mean mental health treatment alongside substance abuse treatment for those with a dual diagnosis.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment programs come in many forms. Partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient treatment, and standard outpatient treatment options vary in therapeutic intensity and scope of services.
As one of the more flexible approaches to addiction treatment, outpatient programs are typically a highly desirable option for working professionals or those who require less intensive care.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes in Hartford are a form of a transitional facility designed to provide a safe, supportive, and clean living environment for those in early recovery.
These types of transitional facilities are designed to help recovering individuals re-integrate into society and regain normalcy after completing a more intense, focused program of care.
Aftercare Recovery Programs
Successful recovery from alcohol and drug abuse is a long-term process. Aftercare programs help individuals in recovery connect with helpful community resources, addiction support group networks, and therapy services. These resources are designed to support and strengthen an individual’s commitment to long-term sobriety.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Hartford, Connecticut
If you or a loved one suffers from substance abuse, please understand that help is readily available. Drug and alcohol abuse can negatively impact every facet of your life, which is why seeking professional treatment is so important.
At Spring Hill Recovery Center, our fully accredited rehab center offers a wide variety of residential and outpatient treatment programs for residents of Hartford and surrounding areas. We emphasize an individualized approach to substance abuse treatment and are committed to our patients’ long-term recovery success.
For more information about our drug and alcohol rehab programs and the many treatment options we offer, please don’t hesitate to call us today at (877) 380-1973.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Connecticut State Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services — DMHAS Annual Report Shows Heroin as Most Frequent Drug Reported in Admissions for Substance Abuse Treatment https://portal.ct.gov/DMHAS/Newsworthy/Press-Releases-2017/DMHAS-Annual-Report-Shows-Heroin-as-Most-Frequent-Drug-Reported-in-Admissions-for-Substance-Abuse-Tr
- Drug Free CT — Scope of the Opioid Problem https://www.drugfreect.org/opioid-facts/scope-of-the-opioid-problem/
- New Haven Register — CT Opioid Death Data Shows ‘It’s an Everywhere Problem’ https://www.nhregister.com/news/article/Numbers-of-CT-opioid-deaths-show-it-s-an-13836173.php