Stamford, CT Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
Professional treatment at an accredited drug and alcohol treatment facility is one proven way to combat addiction. Residents of Stamford, Connecticut have access to some of the top addiction treatment centers in the country.
Addiction is classified as a chronic disease. Alcohol or drug addiction occurs when a person finds alcohol or drug use and seeking difficult to control despite the harm it causes to their health and relationships.
Inpatient treatment and intensive outpatient treatment programs at accredited drug rehab facilities are some of the best ways to combat the disease of addiction. Connecticut and nearby states offer a variety of rehab centers with multiple options for substance abuse treatment.
Stamford, Connecticut Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The city of Stamford and the state of Connecticut have been battling the opioid epidemic for years. Connecticut reported 948 opioid-related deaths in 2018 alone.
Heroin and other opioids were the primary drugs accounting for more than half of admissions into substance abuse treatment facilities. Additional commonly abused drugs in the state of Connecticut include alcohol, cocaine, and other prescription drugs.
Stamford Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Stamford officials and officials across the state of Massachusetts have not been turning a blind eye to the opioid epidemic. A number of measures have been taken to battle substance abuse and help Connecticut conquer the opioid crisis.
The following are several actions currently being taken in Stamford and throughout the state:
- providing guidance for law enforcement and first responders on administering naloxone
- offering access to a variety of resources for those battling alcohol and drug addiction
- 24-hour substance use treatment information via treatment helplines
- creation of the LiveLOUD Live Chat to connect individuals with trained recovery coaches
- implementing the Recovery Friendly Workplace initiative to help businesses and employees achieve success
Officials in Stamford and throughout the state of Connecticut are working to connect citizens with quality addiction treatment facilities nearby.
Selecting An Addiction Treatment Center
Finding the addiction treatment center that’s best for you or a loved one may seem like a difficult task. However, the country’s leading treatment centers often share a number of the same characteristics.
The following are a few things to look for when choosing an alcohol and drug treatment facility:
- accreditation: the treatment center has been recognized for meeting certain standards of quality and professional care
- medication-assisted treatment: the addiction experts at the treatment center can provide medication-assisted treatment for those who need it as part of the recovery process
- aftercare programs: the drug rehab center offers resources, events, and care to addicted individuals even after they’ve completed residential treatment
- variety of therapies: the addiction center offers a variety of treatment methods, which can be tailored to suit a person’s specific addiction and needs
- evidence-based treatment: treatment methods have been tested and proven effective in combating addiction
Rehab Centers Near Stamford, Connecticut
Individual rehab centers can vary greatly. However, many of the most esteemed rehab centers across Connecticut and in nearby states offer similar types of treatment for addiction.
The following are the most common methods and treatment programs used:
Alcohol And Drug Detox
Withdrawing from an addictive substance is often the first step in the treatment process. Qualified drug and alcohol detox centers offer 24-hour behavioral and medical support to those withdrawing from opioids, alcohol, and other addictive substances. Medication-assisted treatment methods may also be used to help ease the side effects of withdrawal and detoxification.
Inpatient Drug Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment is often called residential treatment because it involves the addicted individual moving onto the campus of a drug and alcohol rehab facility. Inpatient rehab programs typically include a variety of treatment methods to help heal the mind and body from the harmful effects of addiction.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment is typically less intensive than residential treatment, as the addicted individual does not live at the drug and alcohol rehab facility. However, outpatient programs can vary greatly in intensity, from partial hospitalization to traditional outpatient care.
Outpatient treatment programs typically allow the individual to continue some aspects of normal daily life, such as attending work or caring for family members.
Transitional facilities, such as sober living homes, offer a safe living environment for recovering individuals who have completed residential treatment. These individuals often do not have a supportive and drug-free home to which they can return. Sober living homes help recovering individuals transition into a more traditional daily routine.
Aftercare Treatment Options
Continuing care is an essential part of the recovery process. It can take the form of 12-step meetings, communicating with a sponsor, attending rehab center alumni events, and more.
Aftercare provides the support addicted individuals need to continue on the path to recovery after they’ve completed inpatient or outpatient treatment.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Stamford, Connecticut
Residents of Stamford, Connecticut can access an accredited alcohol and drug treatment facility nearby. Spring Hill Recovery Center is an accredited drug rehab facility located in Ashby, Massachusetts — less than three hours north of Stamford.
Our rehab center’s addiction experts offer a variety of residential treatment and outpatient treatment options to those overcoming the harmful mental and physical effects of addiction. All treatment methods are patient-centered and designed to treat each individual based on their specific needs.
Contact us at Spring Hill Recovery Center to learn more about our accredited rehab facility and addiction treatment programs today.
- Drug Free CT — Substance Abuse Treatment https://www.drugfreect.org/
- Connecticut State Department of Health and Addiction Services — Department of Mental Health and Addiction Resources https://portal.ct.gov/DMHAS/Newsworthy/Press-Releases-2017/DMHAS-Annual-Report-Shows-Heroin-as-Most-Frequent-Drug-Reported-in-Admissions-for-Substance-Abuse-Tr
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Connecticut: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/connecticut-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Understanding Drug Use and Addiction https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/understanding-drug-use-addiction