Stonington, CT Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- What To Look For
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Find A Connecticut Rehab Center
Stonington, Connecticut is located near addiction treatment centers that offer drug and alcohol treatment programs to help people enter addiction recovery.
Stonington, Connecticut, is in New London County. With a population of 18,449, it’s a bustling area right along the ocean. However, this beautiful area has been impacted by the opioid crisis, alcoholism, and other substance use disorders.
People struggling with substance use disorders have drug rehab options available locally. There are inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, detox, sober living, and other treatment options available to help stop the cycle of addiction.
What To Look For In A Stonington Rehab Center
Alcohol and drug treatment programs often offer evidence-based treatment options.
Every addiction treatment program is going to be a little bit different, but some of the quality rehab programs you may find include:
- intensive outpatient treatment
- medically monitored detox
- 24-hour inpatient treatment
- dual diagnosis treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Detox is the first step to ridding the body of dangerous substances. Whether it’s for drugs or alcohol, detox’s purpose is to safely cleanse the body of the addictive substance.
Drug and alcohol detox may be an inpatient or outpatient process, depending on the substance that has been abused. It may involve a tapering program or a rapid detox of between three and five days, for example. Programs vary.
Stonington Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment, also known as residential treatment, gives patients an opportunity to live at the rehab facility and go through addiction treatment with 24-hour support. These treatment programs are usually between 30 and 90 days long.
Click here to find a Connecticut alcohol or drug rehab center near you
Stonington Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment may be intensive or non-intensive. Non-intensive outpatient programs meet for a few hours a day, a few times weekly. Intensive programs may meet daily for half or all of the day.
Outpatient programs differ from inpatient treatment because they allow patients to return home and to take care of their responsibilities when they’re not in substance abuse treatment.
Medication-assisted treatment can help people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol detox safely and avoid relapses.
Medication-assisted treatment, known as MAT, may use drugs such as Suboxone, naloxone, naltrexone, methadone, or buprenorphine to help patients get through detox, withdrawal, and long-term recovery.
Find Substance Abuse Treatment In Stonington, Connecticut
Living in Stonington, you should know that there are drug rehab options available. Drug and alcohol rehab can help you or someone you love get on the road to recovery.
Click here to find a New England drug rehab center near you
At Spring Hill Recovery Center, we’re here to help. Call today to get support finding the right recovery program for you.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Connecticut State Department of Health — Opioids and Prescription Drug Overdose Prevention https://portal.ct.gov/dph/Health-Education-Management--Surveillance/The-Office-of-Injury-Prevention/Opioids-and-Prescription-Drug-Overdose-Prevention-Program
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Connecticut: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/connecticut-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Patch Stonington-Mystic, CT — CT Heroin Epidemic: Interactive Map of Deaths by Town https://patch.com/connecticut/stonington/ct-heroin-epidemic-interactive-map-deaths-town