Bar Harbor, ME Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- What To Look For
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Find A Maine Rehab Center
People who live in Bar Harbor, Maine can find drug and alcohol treatment close to home. Treatment centers in the area provide inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, detox programs, and more to help people enter addiction recovery.
Bar Harbor, Maine is located in Hancock County and serves as the gateway to Acadia National Park. The quaint town is the largest community on Mount Desert Island and has a population of approximately 5,500 residents.
However, residents in the area have long struggled with substance abuse issues. Fortunately, they have a variety of drug and alcohol rehab centers in close proximity.
These rehab facilities offer multiple levels of treatment for addiction, including inpatient treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and aftercare services.
What To Look For In A Bar Harbor Rehab Center
As you consider treatment options for yourself or a loved one, it’s important to understand that various levels of care for addiction treatment may be necessary.
Key alcohol and drug rehab programs to look for include:
- medically supervised detoxification
- inpatient drug rehab
- outpatient services
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
- long-term care
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Drug and alcohol detox programs provide around-the-clock care for individuals during the withdrawal process.
These programs provide medical and behavioral support to help reduce withdrawal side effects and prepare individuals for further treatment.
Bar Harbor Inpatient Rehab Programs
Residential treatment programs implement a variety of therapeutic approaches to encourage recovery from drug and alcohol addiction.
In inpatient rehab, individuals must live on-site at the rehab facility through the duration of their treatment program.
Bar Harbor Outpatient Treatment Services
Outpatient treatment programs are generally less intensive than inpatient programs. They are frequently used as a step-down form of care after the completion of inpatient treatment.
Individuals who receive outpatient services must travel to and from the treatment center for each therapy session.
Medication-assisted treatment is a specialized form of care designed to mitigate withdrawal side effects and lessen cravings for addictive substances.
For those struggling with opioid or alcohol addiction, medications may include buprenorphine, methadone, or naltrexone, depending on individual needs.
Learn About Addiction Treatment Options In Bar Harbor, Maine
If you or a loved one has an alcohol or drug addiction and live in or near Bar Harbor, please understand that professional treatment is critical for long-term recovery.
The addiction treatment experts at Spring Hill Recovery Center in Ashby, Massachusetts are ready and waiting to help you through the recovery process.
We offer a full continuum of care for alcohol and drug treatment and serve Maine residents who are willing to travel a short distance.
To get the help you need, please call Spring Hill Recovery Center to learn more about our facility and individualized treatment plans today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2022 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Maine: Opioid Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/maine-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Types of Treatment https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs
- Maine Department of Health and Human Services — SEOW Special Report: Heroin, Opioids, and Other Drugs in Maine https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/samhs/osa/data/cesn/Heroin_Opioids_and_Other_Drugs_in_Maine_SEOW_Report.pdf