Portland, ME Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Portland Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Treatment Center
- Drug Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Homes
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs near Portland, Maine are there to help people who need support detoxing and recovering from substance abuse. Inpatient drug rehab, outpatient treatment, and other treatment options are available.
Portland is among the hardest-hit cities in Maine when it comes to the opioid crisis. The state government has stated that around half of all people who enter recovery will relapse at least once. Sober living homes in the Portland area aim to help people with drug or alcohol addiction avoid relapse and stay committed to long-term recovery.
Before people can join sober living communities, they need to detox and go through drug and alcohol treatment. Portland and surrounding areas in New England are home to a range of treatment options for those who need help managing alcohol or drug abuse.
Portland, Maine Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Opioid abuse is the most common issue in Portland next to alcohol abuse. In fact, since 1999, there has been around a 500 percent increase in opioid-related overdose deaths in the state, which places Maine at the eighth-greatest mortality rate in the entire United States.
Some commonly found drugs and substances that are abused in Maine include:
Fortunately, there are a number of substance abuse treatment programs available to help people overcome challenges with alcohol and drug addiction.
Portland Drug And Alcohol Treatment
State programs help reduce the likelihood of substance abuse, which in turn helps reduce alcohol and drug addiction rates.
Maine has several of these programs:
- the Community Epidemiology Surveillance Network and State Epidemiological Outcomes WorkGroup
- inpatient treatment, outpatient programs, partial hospitalization, and other addiction treatment programs
- youth treatment programs
- sober housing
These programs, as well as several others that are found within the community, give people the opportunity to reach out for local support with alcohol or drug treatment concerns.
Choosing An Addiction Treatment Center
When you’re looking at alcohol and drug rehab centers, you’ll want to look for a few key characteristics.
Treatment facilities should offer:
- evidence-based treatment, which is more likely to lead to lasting, long-term recovery
- customized treatment plans based on the individual’s dual diagnoses, if any, and specific substance being used
- solid detoxification and rehabilitation plans with reasonable timelines
- a continuum of care, so that patients may have support at all times from detox to recovery treatment through sober living or reintegration with their normal lives
- relapse prevention tools that are taught to patients and available during and after ending the drug treatment program
Rehab Centers Near Portland, Maine
The drug and alcohol rehab centers near Portland, Maine, have your best interests at heart. There are various treatment options starting with detox and ranging through inpatient drug rehab, outpatient rehab, intensive outpatient treatment, and other programs.
At Spring Hill Recovery Center, we’d be happy to talk to you about the recovery programs that are close to you.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Drug and alcohol detox centers are focused on helping people get the drugs or alcohol out of their systems safely. Detox programs focus on one of several methods of detox, from tapering the substance to using medications like methadone or Suboxone to help ease withdrawal symptoms. The end goal is to safely, and more comfortably, stop using the substance.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment is the most intensive, as patients are residents of a treatment facility. Some inpatient programs are completely residential treatment programs that offer around-the-clock care and room and board.
Residential programs may offer a variety of therapies and treatments, from detox to mental health treatment, in order to provide the most comprehensive care.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
If you work a job, have children, or have other responsibilities that you cannot set aside for a residential treatment program, then you may prefer outpatient treatment.
Outpatient treatment may be advisable for those who have strong recovery support systems. These programs meet several times a week for several hours at a time to offer outpatient services for those in addiction recovery.
Sober Living Homes
After graduating from an addiction treatment program, some people choose to move on to sober living and transitional facilities. The sober living community in Portland is extensive, which is one benefit of living in the area. In sober living communities, there are restrictions that prevent drugs or alcohol from being in the community.
Aftercare Recovery Programs
After you’ve graduated from your substance abuse treatment program, you may want to continue on with other treatment options. Aftercare comes in many forms, such as by going to support group meetings or scheduling individual therapy sessions. Aftercare and continuing care have been shown to reduce the risk of relapse.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Portland, Maine
At Spring Hill Recovery Center, we’re focused on helping you or your loved one get the drug and alcohol treatment that you’re looking for.
Our addiction treatment center is located near Portland in Ashby, Massachusetts, which is just a couple hours away by car. One service we offer is help with travel arrangements to our rehab center, so everyone who needs to access super addiction treatment can take advantage of the programs we offer.
We would be happy to talk to you about the recovery program options we have available and how to start the process to recover from a substance use disorder. Call our helpline now for more information.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2022 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Maine: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/maine-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- State of Maine, Behavioral Health—Data & Statistics https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/samhs/osa/pubs/data/2011/PriDrugTrend90_11.pdf
- U.S. News–Portland and the Promise of Recovery https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2019-04-09/recovering-from-addiction-in-portland-maine