Rumford, ME Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- What To Look For
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Find A Maine Rehab Center
Rumford, Maine residents in need of substance abuse treatment can find rehab programs close to home. Some treatment options include inpatient drug rehab, outpatient programs, and help with detox, among others.
Rumford, Maine is situated in Oxford County and is home to approximately 5,700 residents. The area is known as an outdoor lover’s paradise as it boasts the Androscoggin River and the Black Mountain of Maine ski resort.
Despite its natural charm, however, Rumford struggles with substance abuse issues, particularly among the teen population.
Fortunately, Rumford residents live near a variety of high-quality drug and alcohol rehab facilities. These treatment centers provide multiple levels of care, including residential treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and other addiction treatment programs.
What To Look For In A Rumford Rehab Center
If you or a loved one have an addiction, finding the right alcohol and drug treatment center can feel overwhelming.
As you consider your rehab options, it’s best to look for a rehab facility that offers a variety of levels of care for addiction treatment, such as:
- drug and alcohol detox
- inpatient programs
- outpatient rehab
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- mental health services
- extended care programs
Medical Detox Programs
Medical alcohol and drug detox programs are designed to provide a safe environment for the withdrawal process to take place.
Detoxification programs offer 24-hour medical and behavioral support to help mitigate the side effects of withdrawal and prepare patients for ongoing treatment.
Rumford Inpatient Drug Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment is the most intensive form of alcohol and drug rehab. It provides 24-hour care and behavioral support and may include medication-assisted treatment.
Individuals who undergo inpatient rehab must live at the treatment center for the duration of their program.
Rumford Outpatient Treatment Services
Outpatient programs are less intensive than inpatient care but can be a viable alternative to residential treatment for those who have pressing life obligations.
Individuals who enroll in outpatient treatment must travel to and from the rehab facility for each treatment session.
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
MAT is a specialized form of drug and alcohol treatment designed to help individuals who struggle with opioid or alcohol addiction.
MAT programs combine approved medications and behavioral counseling to manage the side effects of withdrawal and lessen cravings for addictive substances.
Get Help For Substance Abuse In Rumford, Maine
Whether you or a loved one struggles with addiction, please know that help is readily available. Addiction can be life-threatening and professional treatment is the most effective way to overcome your substance use disorder.
If you need professional help, the addiction treatment experts at Spring Hill Recovery Center in Ashby, Massachusetts offer a full continuum of care to guide you through the recovery process.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team today to learn more about our premier rehab facility and individualized treatment plans.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2022 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Maine Department of Health and Human Services — SEOW Special Report: Heroin, Opioids, and Other Drugs in Maine https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/samhs/osa/data/cesn/Heroin_Opioids_and_Other_Drugs_in_Maine_SEOW_Report.pdf
- Maine.gov — Oxford County, Maine Substance Abuse Prevention Strategic Plan for the Years 2007-2012 https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/population-health/prevention/community/spfsig/plansdata/county%20strategic%20plans_assessments/oxfordspep.pdf
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Maine: Opioid Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/maine-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Types of Treatment https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs