Attleboro, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Attleboro Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Finding A High-Quality Drug Rehab
- Drug Detox Services
- Inpatient Treatment Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Programs
- Aftercare Recovery Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
A variety of excellent alcohol and drug treatment centers are available to residents of Attleboro, Massachusetts. Treatment options for substance abuse include residential treatment, outpatient programs, detox services, and more.
Drug misuse and addiction are serious disorders that can cause adverse consequences for the individual as well as his or her surrounding community.
Addiction (substance use disorder) is similar to other chronic diseases because in many cases, it can be prevented and treated. However, untreated drug or alcohol addiction can lead to serious, lifelong health issues, or even death.
Inpatient rehab or other intensive addiction treatment programs are proven effective ways to treat this disease, as well as co-occurring mental health disorders. Massachusetts is home to a number of drug and alcohol rehab centers offering varying treatment options for individuals suffering from addiction.
Attleboro, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Attleboro, Massachusetts is a charming town located in Bristol County. Yet Attleboro is facing a serious opioid epidemic, much like the rest of the state of Massachusetts. Roughly six percent of Bristol County residents are currently addicted to opiates.
In 2015, it was estimated that about 275,000 residents of Massachusetts suffered from an opioid use disorder. Although, opioids aren’t the only drugs being abused by Bristol County residents.
The following are the most commonly abused drugs among residents of Bristol County and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts:
Attleboro Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The city of Attleboro, Massachusetts created the Council on Substance Abuse Prevention to help combat the opioid epidemic as well as general substance abuse. The mission is to significantly lower the number of people abusing and misusing drugs and alcohol.
The following are current actions being taken by the Council On Substance Abuse Prevention as well as state of Massachusetts officials:
- provide support and information to families coping with substance use disorders
- available recreational activities and mentoring for Attleboro youth
- creating community cohesion to battle substance abuse issues as one unit
- increased collaborations between city agencies and organizations
- combating the stigma around substance abuse
Members of the Attleboro Council on Substance Abuse Prevention are constantly working to connect individuals suffering from alcohol or drug addiction with nearby alcohol and drug treatment centers.
Finding A High-Quality Drug Rehab
Numerous drug rehab facilities are located around the United States, and choosing the treatment facility that’s best for you or your loved one can seem like a difficult and time-consuming task. However, many of the country’s top rehab centers share a number of similar qualities.
The following are a few characteristics to look for when choosing an ideal addiction treatment center:
- 24-hour care: available behavioral health and medical support at all hours
- medication-assisted treatment: medication is available for recovering individuals in need
- individualized treatment: treatment plans are customized to suit each resident’s addiction and individual needs
- family involvement: events are offered to involve your family in the recovery process
- relapse prevention planning: resources and tools are provided to prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery
- evidence-based treatment: the treatment center only uses treatment methods that are proven effective in battling substance use disorders
Rehab Centers Near Attleboro, Massachusetts
Residents of Attleboro, Massachusetts have a number of addiction treatment centers available to them. Drug rehab facilities can vary greatly from one another, but many of the best rehab centers offer similar programs and treatment services.
The following are some of the most common types of substance abuse treatment you’ll find at rehab centers across greater New England.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Services
Detoxification is one of the most important yet difficult steps in the rehabilitation process. Qualified drug and alcohol detox programs will offer 24-hour monitoring as the resident undergoes the process of withdrawing from an addictive substance.
Detox programs may offer medication-assisted treatment methods to help the individual cope with the symptoms of withdrawal, using medication such as methadone, buprenorphine (Suboxone), or naltrexone.
Inpatient Treatment Programs
Massachusetts inpatient drug rehab programs offer around-the-clock medical and behavioral support. Also known as residential treatment programs, these methods of treating drug and alcohol abuse involve the recovering individual living on campus at the drug rehab center.
Residential treatment programs may include behavioral therapy, health education, and enjoyable indoor or outdoor activities to heal the body and mind.
Outpatient Treatment For Drug And Alcohol Addiction
Outpatient treatment is a loose term that can be used to describe a variety of treatment methods. Recovering individuals undergoing outpatient treatment are typically able to attend to other life obligations, such as caring for family members or attending work.
Outpatient programs can vary greatly in intensity depending on the individual and where he or she is in the recovery process. Just a few examples of outpatient rehab include partial hospitalization programs (day treatment), intensive outpatient programs, and outpatient services, such as counseling and therapy sessions.
Sober Living Programs
Transitional facilities, also known as sober living homes, are what help some recovering individuals return to a more traditional daily routine.
Many individuals do not have a supportive, drug-free home to which they can return following inpatient or outpatient treatment. Sober living homes provide that safe haven until the individual is ready to live on their own.
Aftercare Recovery Programs
Experts describe aftercare programs as some of the most essential resources in the recovery process. These are community-based organizations, events, and meetings that help individuals continue the recovery process long after they’ve completed outpatient or inpatient treatment.
Examples of aftercare treatment options include individual and group therapy, group support networks, alumni events, and community counseling services.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Attleboro, Massachusetts
Attleboro residents are fortunate to have the accredited Spring Hill Recovery Center nearby. Located in Ashby, Massachusetts, this accredited rehab center is just 1.5 hours north of Attleboro on 70 acres of tranquil woodland.
The setting of Spring Hill Recovery Center is ideal for healing from the harmful physical and mental health effects of addiction. From detox to residential treatment and alumni programs, our addiction experts will ensure you have all the tools needed to achieve long-term recovery.
Contact the Spring Hill Recovery Center helpline to learn more about the numerous alcohol and drug treatment programs we offer.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- CityofAttleboro.us—Council on Substance Abuse Prevention https://www.cityofattleboro.us/576/Council-on-Substance-Abuse-Prevention
- DrugAbuse.gov—The Science of Drug Use and Addiction: The Basics https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/media-guide/science-drug-use-addiction-basics
- Mass.gov—Geographic Fact Sheets https://www.mass.gov/doc/admissions-statistics-statewide/download
- WPRI—Study: Nearly 6% of Bristol County, Mass. residents are addicted to opioids https://www.wpri.com/news/study-nearly-6-of-bristol-county-mass-residents-addicted-to-opioids/