Brookline, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Brookline Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A High-Quality Treatment Center
- Detoxification Programs
- Inpatient Treatment Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Homes
- Aftercare And Continuing Care
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Brookline, Massachusetts residents have access to a variety of accredited drug and alcohol rehab centers. These addiction treatment facilities offer inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, aftercare, and a variety of other treatment programs to help residents overcome addiction.
Addiction is a chronic disease and the most severe form of a substance use disorder. The negative effects associated with addiction and substance abuse have been affecting the city of Brookline and Norfolk County for decades.
One of the best ways to treat addiction and combat all of the personal and societal problems associated with substance abuse is through an accredited drug and alcohol rehab center. Fortunately, Brookline residents have access to a variety of excellent treatment facilities in Massachusetts and beyond.
Brookline, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The United States experienced 67,367 deaths due to drug overdose in 2018. The state of Massachusetts accounted for 1,991 of those deaths. In 2017, Norfolk County recorded 157 deaths due to opioid overdose alone.
Eighty-eight percent of drug overdose deaths in the state of Massachusetts involve at least one opioid. However, substance use disorders and addiction in Brookline are not just linked to opiates.
Below are the most common substances of abuse in Brookline and Norfolk County:
Alcohol and drug addiction treatment at an accredited drug rehab center could save you or your loved one’s life.
Brookline Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Norfolk County officials are not turning a blind eye to the opioid epidemic or other substance abuse issues residents are facing. In fact, the county and state have been working to treat and prevent drug abuse in a variety of ways.
The following are several of the prevention efforts taking place in Norfolk County and the state of Massachusetts right now:
- certifying 162 “Sober Homes”
- implementing screening, intervention, and referrals for substance abuse treatment in schools
- offering access to three local Opioid Urgent Care Centers
- adding nearly 700 psychiatric and substance use disorder treatment beds since 2015
- informing parents and the public on the opioid epidemic and substance abuse prevention
In addition, Brookline residents suffering from drug or alcohol addiction have access to accredited alcohol and drug rehab facilities.
Choosing A High-Quality Treatment Center
Finding a top-notch drug rehab center for your or your loved one’s addiction may seem like a daunting task. It’s important to note that many of the top drug and alcohol rehab centers share similar, five-star qualities.
The following are several key elements of an excellent alcohol and drug treatment center:
- customized treatment approach: an individual treatment plan is developed to suit your mental, physical, and addiction needs
- evidence-based treatment: the methods used have been tested and proven to treat addiction and promote long-term recovery
- available detox program: a detox program with 24-hour monitoring and medication-assisted treatment for withdrawal symptoms
- family involvement: family members are encouraged to play an active role in your recovery
- 24-hour care: the rehab center offers available medical and behavioral support 24 hours a day
Rehab Centers Near Brookline, Massachusetts
Rehab centers available to Brookline residents provide a long list of substance abuse treatment programs. No two alcohol and drug treatment centers are identical, but many do offer similar drug rehab programs and treatment methods.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification
Drug and alcohol detox centers provide 24-hour monitoring for individuals needing to withdraw from addictive substances. Detoxification services may include medication-assisted treatment services to help ease the symptoms associated with withdrawal. Medications used in MAT programs may include methadone, buprenorphine (Suboxone), and more.
Inpatient Treatment Programs
Inpatient treatment programs, also known as residential treatment programs, include around-the-clock access to medical and mental health support. Recovering individuals enrolled in inpatient drug rehab programs live on the drug rehab center campus.
Residential treatment programs offer a variety of therapies, which can range from individual and group therapy sessions to the arts and outdoor adventures. The goal is to help the individual suffering from addiction heal both mentally and physically.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
A variety of outpatient treatment services are available to residents of Brookline. These include intensive outpatient programs, standard outpatient treatment, and partial hospitalization, among others. The intensity and duration of the outpatient program depends on the individual and where they are in the recovery process.
Sober Living Homes
Massachusetts state officials have made it their mission to provide superior sober living opportunities to residents. The state is now home to 162 “Sober Homes,” which serve as drug-free, supportive living environments for recovering individuals.
These sober living, or transitional facilities, encourage recovering individuals to return to a more traditional daily routine. Often, sober housing facilities partner with nearby rehabilitation centers to help recovering individuals get the most out of their services.
Aftercare And Continuing Care Options
Continuing care, or aftercare, programs are designed to help individuals combat addiction long after they’ve completed inpatient or outpatient treatment.
Several examples of aftercare recovery programs include:
- addiction support networks
- 12-step programs
- drug rehab center alumni programs
- group therapy
- individual therapy
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Brookline, Massachusetts
Spring Hill Recovery Center is an accredited addiction treatment center available to residents of Brookline, Massachusetts, as well as throughout New England.
Our addiction specialists will create an individualized treatment plan customized to suit your addiction, mental health, or dual diagnosis needs. All treatment programs are evidence-based and proven to help heal the mental and physical harm caused by addiction.
Spring Hill Recovery Center is located just one hour by car from Brookline in scenic Ashby, Massachusetts. The rehab facility is surrounded by woodlands in a tranquil environment that offers numerous opportunities for outdoor therapy and exploration.
Contact our helpline at Spring Hill Recovery Center to begin your journey to an addiction-free life today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- DrugAbuse.gov —Massachusetts: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/massachusetts-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Mass.gov—Substance Addiction Treatment Admissions Statistics https://www.mass.gov/lists/substance-addiction-treatment-admissions-statistics#geographic-based-admissions-statistics-
- Mass.gov—Current Opioid Statistics https://www.mass.gov/lists/current-opioid-statistics