Cambridge, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
As one of the largest cities in Massachusetts, Cambridge sees high rates of alcohol and drug addiction. Alcohol and drug treatment centers in and near Cambridge offer a range of treatment programs to help addicted individuals find the help they need to enter recovery.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, is a city rich with historical importance. Home to Harvard, MIT, Lesley University, and Hult International Business School, Cambridge is vitally important to the educational world. Unfortunately, Cambridge residents also struggle with alcohol and drug abuse issues.
Opioid overdose is likely the most dangerous problem in the city. However, alcohol and marijuana use have also become concerning for law enforcement officials.
Thankfully, drug rehab centers in the Cambridge area offer effective programs and treatment services to help those with substance use disorder find hope in recovery.
Cambridge, Massachusetts Alcohol And Drug Abuse
In 2018, Cambridge city officials created a report that outlined the dangers of addiction within this city. Their report focused mostly on opioid-related overdoses, a significant hazard in the city.
Facts about addiction and substance abuse rates in Cambridge include:
- 65 Cambridge residents died from opioid-related overdoses between 2013-2017
- During this period, a total of 115 people (residents and non-residents) died of overdoses
- An opioid-death decrease of five percent between 2016-2017 was the first in seven years
- Deaths per year range from 12-27, depending on the period
- More significant increases in prevention methods are connected to lower death rates
Substance use disorder facts such as these show that officials can do more to help stem the tide of addiction. Fortunately, drug and alcohol rehab centers provide a means to end for those struggling with addiction by offering support in treatment.
Cambridge, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The city of Cambridge is working hard to fight addiction and has taken many steps to help. For example, city leaders have called for greater access to naloxone and other types of overdose medications.
They believe that this approach can save the lives of many people.
And the police department has taken a multifaceted approach that included many steps to:
- Educate and motivate families to create addiction management strategies
- Reach out to community leaders to help enhance addiction care
- Lower the stigma associated with addiction via education
- Focus on treatment and not punishment
City officials have also created detailed maps that showcase potential overdose zones. These areas are based on past overdose and drug abuse behavior. All law enforcement and medical officials are trained to respond to overdose situations in a pharmaceutical, not punitive, fashion.
These steps, combined with risk assessment, motivational interviewing, and addiction screening, may help manage this danger. However, there are also many rehab treatment options available that can decrease this risk.
Choosing A Drug Rehab Program Near Cambridge
Treatment for drug addiction is available not far from Cambridge, Massachusetts. Finding the right type of alcohol or drug treatment is crucial to those suffering from any kind of substance abuse.
Reaching out for drug or alcohol addiction treatment help can:
- Stop withdrawal pain from worsening
- Manage emotional and psychological concerns
- Decrease legal troubles based on drugs
- Save a person’s life
Treatment comes in many different forms, including inpatient treatment and outpatient care. Fully understanding these options can make it easier for individuals to choose the best care method for their needs.
Residential Treatment Provides Many Benefits
Residential treatment for addiction creates a hands-on treatment environment that makes it easier for a person to recover from substance abuse.
Those who visit these facilities:
- Stay in a comfortable drug rehab center with professionals who care
- Get withdrawal help to avoid excessive pain
- Manage co-occurring disorders that may worsen substance use disorders
- Learn coping mechanisms that make addiction easier to handle
- Receive job placement help from some facilities
- Master relapse prevention and avoid falling back into addiction
All of these benefits make inpatient drug rehab an excellent treatment option for many people. However, some may find that outpatient treatment is right for them. This method lets a person leave the facility at the end of the day to work, go to school, or spend time with family.
Other Alcohol Or Drug Treatments That May Be Beneficial
When getting Cambridge, Massachusetts rehab help, there are many different treatment options from which you can choose. The best alcohol and drug treatment centers will include a variety of these treatment services for a well-rounded recovery approach.
Just a few of these options include:
- Family therapy to master problems that may develop at home
- Support group treatment to learn better coping mechanisms
- A professionals treatment program that lets you work from the treatment facility
- Adventure therapy that immerses you in a new environment
- 12-step treatment that is suited for your beliefs
- Other behavioral health services, such as mental health care
- Aftercare to ensure lasting recovery
- Drug and alcohol detoxification programs to help patients detox in comfort
- Individual and group therapy
- Counseling services
Gone are the days when addiction recovery was unreachable. These days, treatment providers understand that a comfortable environment will enhance a person’s recovery. As a result, they work hard to make care as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
Help Is Crucial For Addiction Recovery
If you or a loved one is looking for addiction treatment help in Cambridge, Massachusetts, please reach out to us at Spring Hill Recovery Center.
Our drug and alcohol rehab facility is located just an hour up MA-2 in beautiful Ashby. This serene and relaxing city provides you with a comfortable place to recover in total comfort. Our patient-first approach makes sure that you get the care that you need to beat addiction for good.
We focus on:
- high-quality inpatient treatment
- intensive outpatient treatment programs
- drug and alcohol treatment
- access to detox
- drug and alcohol rehab
Our experts have years of experience providing caring recovery support for both the mind and the body.
Call us today at Spring Hill Recovery now to learn more about your drug and alcohol treatment options, to verify your health insurance, and more. We look forward to helping you walk the rewarding path of addiction recovery.
- CambridgeMA.gov—The Overdose Epidemic https://www.cambridgema.gov/~/media/Files/citymanagersoffice/owgfinalreportandrecommendationsmarch2019.pdf
- CambridgeMA.gov—Opioid Response https://www.cambridgema.gov/cpd/communityresources/opioidresponse
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Drug Addiction Treatment in the United States https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states