Everett, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Everett Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Quality Rehab Center
- Drug Detox
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Options
- Aftercare Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Drug and alcohol rehab facilities near Everett, Massachusetts provide residential treatment, partial hospitalization, and outpatient treatment options for residents who need support with alcohol and drug treatment.
Everett, Massachusetts addiction treatment is available for those with a substance use disorder. Massachusetts has been badly affected by the opioid crisis, alcohol addiction, and the influx of cocaine drug use.
The good news is that drug and alcohol rehab centers near Everett and other local areas offer evidence-based recovery programs aimed at providing care to those who struggle with addiction.
The goal of any of these programs is to help encourage sobriety and to teach the techniques needed to stay sober. There are various types of treatment programs.
Before deciding which substance abuse treatment program is right for you or a loved one, it may help to learn more about available options.
Everett, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Based on statistics from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, 34 people died from overdoses related to opioid abuse in 2017.
That was down six deaths from the year before, but it still shows how seriously the area has been hit by the opioid crisis. Opioid and alcohol abuse are among the most common issues in the region.
In 2017, 596 people were admitted into substance abuse treatment programs. In total, approximately 711 people from the city were enrolled in drug rehab programs throughout the year. Around 34.9 percent were female, and 64.9 percent were male.
Common substances that were abused by these and other residents included:
The number of people seeking drug and alcohol treatment in the region is slowing, with admissions generally declining year over year. This could be a sign that the area is getting better education and support for individuals and families dealing with addiction.
Everett Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The state of Massachusetts has taken the opioid crisis and other addiction crises seriously. Today, there are many different treatment services provided to help people get the help they need.
For example, some services include:
- Preventative services, such as programs that target all community residents or on high-risk individuals
- Regional Centers for Healthy Communities, which addresses tobacco, drug, and alcohol use prevention and youth development
- Youth intervention, which is funded by the Bureau of Substance Addiction Services and consists of two youth intervention programs aimed at helping youth who have already begun to take part in risky behaviors and abusing substances
- Residential treatment for under 30 days, which provides short-term, acute treatment
- Acute Treatment Services, or detoxification, which are medically monitored services that provide 24-hour care
- Transition support services, which include short-term residential support services and medical advice for people who have completed detoxification
- Tewksbury Stabilization Program, which aims to provide a substance-free environment and structured home to the homeless or imminently homeless with chemical dependencies. This is a male-only program
- Residential treatment for over 30 days, which encourages participation in a structured inpatient treatment program
- Recovery Home, which creates a sober living environment for people who are recovering from addiction
Selecting A Quality Rehab Center
Choosing the best addiction rehab center isn’t an easy task for everyone. There are many rehab facilities to choose from.
When you’re looking at the different options available for yourself or a loved one, make sure to look into:
- the customized treatment approaches that some treatment facilities offer, which may be more effective
- evidence-based treatment methods, which are based on scientific research
- specialization in the substance that an individual is addicted to
- specialization in dual diagnoses or mental health care, if needed
- relapse prevention planning, and the tools that the rehab facility offers to patients
- payment assistance, accepted forms of health insurance, and other payment options
Rehab Centers Near Everett, Massachusetts
Drug and alcohol rehab centers near Everett offer a variety of addiction services. Not all of them offer the same services, so it is important to reach out to an addiction treatment center and ask about the services that they currently provide.
You may be interested in a facility with inpatient drug rehab, outpatient services, detox programs, or other services. Make sure that the treatment center you choose offers the right rehab programs for your needs.
Alcohol And Drug Detox
Drug and alcohol detox programs typically provide 24-hour care to patients and monitor them as they safely go through withdrawal symptoms with the behavioral health and medical team’s support.
Medications may be used to help prevent serious symptoms of withdrawal, so that patients have an opportunity to get off drugs or alcohol more comfortably. Types of medication used to ease detoxification will vary, but could include methadone or buprenorphine (Suboxone).
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient rehab programs available in Massachusetts provide a safe, healthy environment where patients can be away from the temptations they may have in a home environment.
Inpatient treatment facilities are residential, providing a place to live comfortably with others going through a similar recovery process. During residential treatment, residents are expected to stay at the drug rehab center at all times, unless there is an approved outing.
Treatments within inpatient drug rehab are intensive, addressing all aspects of a person’s health affected by alcohol or drug addiction. This could mean behavioral therapies for mental health disorders, trauma-informed therapy, dual diagnosis care, detox, and more.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Many people choose outpatient treatment for drug or alcohol addiction, because it allows them to maintain their normal lives outside the program.
Outpatient drug rehab may take place for a few hours each day, a few days a week, or sporadically, based on the specific person’s needs.
Outpatient programs focus on helping maintain sobriety while still allowing participants to go to work, school, or maintain other responsibilities. Because alcohol and drug abuse is often linked to a person’s mental health, outpatient programs may also include mental health treatments.
Sober Living Options
Sober living and transitional rehab facilities offer a place for recovering people to live with the structure and support they need to prevent relapse. Many of these facilities encourage working and taking care of chores around the home.
There may still be individual and group therapy sessions, and residents are expected to maintain a substance-free environment.
There is no question that aftercare and continuing care can be important for people in long-term recovery. That’s why many people continue with aftercare and continuing care programs, like 12-step meetings, group therapy, outpatient meetings with therapists, and other services.
Continuing care has been shown to reduce the risk of relapse and help with addiction recovery.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Everett, Massachusetts
Whether you’re struggling with substance abuse or have a loved one who is, it’s important that you get the support that you need.
Here at Spring Hill Recovery Center, we have a patient-centered treatment approach that will help you overcome the challenges brought on by drug abuse.
We’re happy to take your call to talk to you more about our rehab services available in nearby Ashby. Our addiction center is located just over an hour or less from many Massachusetts cities by car, including Everett, Boston, Malden, and more.
Call our treatment helpline today to learn more about our recovery center or for help with health insurance verification.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts—Current Opioid Statistics https://www.mass.gov/lists/current-opioid-statistics#updated-data---q4-2018---as-of-february-2019-
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts—Geographic Based Admission Statistics by City and Town https://www.mass.gov/doc/admissions-statistics-by-city-and-town/download
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts—Substance Addiction Services Descriptions https://www.mass.gov/service-details/substance-addiction-services-descriptions
- Massachusetts Department of Human Services—Massachusetts responds to the opioid epidemic https://www.mass.gov/massachusetts-responds-to-the-opioid-epidemic