Medford, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Medford Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Finding A Top-Rated Rehab Program
- Detoxification Programs
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Homes
- Aftercare Treatment Options
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
At drug and alcohol rehab centers near Medford, Massachusetts, people can find help to overcome addiction through various inpatient, residential, and outpatient treatment programs.
There are about 35 opioid prescriptions written by providers per every 100 people in Massachusetts. Add to that the fact that nearly 88 percent of all overdose deaths in the state involve opioids, and the substance abuse problem becomes evident, and so do the reasons for getting help.
Throughout the state of Massachusetts, in cities like Medford, people can find that help at drug and alcohol rehab centers. For the treatment of a wide range of substance use disorders, people will find programs whether they are seeking sobriety, early in sobriety, or needing to strengthen their recovery.
Medford, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The consequences of addiction can touch every area of a person’s life without intervention and help. Relationships, vocations, and even life itself can be put at risk. Massachusetts is no stranger to the dangers of addiction, as the age-adjusted drug overdose death rates have historically been higher than the national average.
While many people seek substance abuse treatment, many more still need the help of a good treatment program.
The reason for seeking drug and alcohol treatment can vary, but some of the substance use disorders treated by drug rehab centers include:
- opioids from both prescription and street sources
- heroin abuse
- the misuse of substances like Suboxone as prescribed in MAT programs
- methamphetamine, more commonly referred to by its street name “meth”
- cocaine, including forms such as crack cocaine
While some of the statistics can be daunting and the consequences deadly, there is light and hope at the end of the tunnel. Seeking addiction treatment and getting help is the answer and the road to recovery is a road to a better quality of life.
Medford Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The people of Medford care about the drug and alcohol issues in their city, and they have taken steps to help. One example of that is the work of Medford’s Board of Health and the Office of Prevention and Outreach. Weekly, they host a drop-in center for anyone needing help or resources.
Many of those resources and efforts to provide help, support, and addiction recovery include:
- greater education and outreach for Medford residents and for the frontline responders in healthcare who respond to issues like overdoses
- creating more awareness of the addiction issues
- providing more and better addiction treatment options including detox
- promoting and contributing to campaigns that help end the stigma attached to substance use disorders
For those in and around Medford, there are rehab centers that afford residents the care, support, and recovery help they need and deserve, including options such as inpatient treatment and outpatient treatment programs.
Finding A Top-Rated Drug Rehab Program
While there are treatment options for people and their families who are suffering from addiction, it is important to find the right rehab center.
A few factors to consider when searching for alcohol or drug rehab near Medford should include centers that offer the following:
- customized treatment plans: No two addictions are the same, and a personalized treatment plan addresses the needs and issues of each individual.
- aftercare and a continuum of care: Rehab centers that focus on a continuum of care show a desire and commitment to help people overcome addiction and maintain their sobriety.
- evidence-based treatment programs: These treatments often look like cognitive behavioral therapies that might include group and individual therapy or 12-step programs.
- relapse prevention and planning: Often, these will be included in the continuum of care programs and can involve networking and developing strategies for recovery that last.
Rehab Centers Near Medford, Massachusetts
Finding drug and alcohol treatment centers that can help isn’t only important, it is vital to overcoming substance abuse. It is with the help of rehab centers near Medford and the surrounding areas that people find sobriety.
Finding the right rehab center, however, will also mean finding a treatment facility that can help with the specific needs of the person suffering from addiction. Is there a need for a detox program? Does the person need an outpatient or residential treatment program?
These are a few of the various types of rehab programs and addiction treatment services available.
Some people with a chemical dependency may need a detox program, and many rehab centers near Medford offer detoxification services that include 24-hour care. That means supervision and medical support when needed to allow residents to safely withdraw.
Drug and alcohol detox programs often are the bridge to recovery, and following detox residents will be provided with behavioral support and typically transition into some type of residential treatment program.
Inpatient Treatment For Addiction
Residential or inpatient programs are often monitored around-the-clock in addition to offering medical support as well as some type of behavioral therapy.
These programs offer more intensive recovery measures and provide a range of therapies and treatments to help with the physical, psychological, and mental health aspects affected by addiction.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment programs in and around Medford come in several types. These include standard outpatient programs and intensive outpatient programs that may also include partial hospitalization.
These programs are more flexible and are generally a good treatment option for those who have employment obligations or families to support. Outpatient services are also often used as part of a plan of continuum treatment for those coming from inpatient rehab programs.
Sober Living Homes
As a great option for those new in recovery or who are leaving a residential or outpatient program, sober living facilities provide an environment that is clean, supportive, and offers the opportunity for a new start in the life of sobriety.
These types of transitional facilities help people more easily integrate back into the world while allowing them to stay focused and on the road of recovery.
Aftercare Treatment Options
Recovery doesn’t happen all at once, it continues for the rest of your life. When searching for recovery programs and rehab centers, ask about their aftercare programs because recovery happens day by day. Some aftercare options may include 12-step support groups or counseling.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Medford, Massachusetts
If you or a loved one in Medford is struggling with addiction, then it is time to get help. Consider contacting the caring and professional support you will find at our Massachusetts treatment facility, Spring Hill Recovery Center.
Our Ashby rehab center is located not far from Medford, and we can help those looking to enter recovery by explaining our treatment options, reviewing your insurance coverage, or helping you figure out transportation to our facility.
Alcohol and drug treatment offers an effective means to help people overcome addiction. Don’t let addiction have another day of your life, take back control by getting help, and contact Spring Hill today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention—Age-adjusted overdose death rates https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db329.htm
- Medford Board of Health—Outreach center https://www.medfordma.org/2019/01/02/substance-use-recovery-resources-drop-in-center-on-wednesdays/
- National Institutes of Health—Opioid use statistics https://www.nih.gov/