Melrose, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Melrose Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Treatment Center
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment Programs
- Sober Living Options
- Aftercare And Continuing Care
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Treatment at a qualified drug and alcohol rehab facility helps those with substance use disorders learn to manage addiction issues so they can enter recovery. Residents of Melrose, Massachusetts are fortunate to have access to drug rehab centers near their hometown.
A substance use disorder is a serious health issue that can lead to drug or alcohol addiction and even become life-threatening. In addition to causing harm to the individual’s health, substance abuse can negatively affect the people and community surrounding that person.
Experts explain that addiction is a chronic disease. However, similar to many other chronic diseases, like heart disease, it can often be treated.
Inpatient treatment and other intensive treatment programs offered by drug rehab centers are seen as the most effective ways to overcome addiction. Massachusetts is home to a number of reputable drug rehab centers offering a variety of addiction treatment options.
Melrose, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
An opioid epidemic has been haunting Massachusetts for nearly two decades. Addictive substances, primarily OxyContin and heroin, have been causing opioid-related overdose deaths at alarming rates.
Melrose is located in Middlesex County and is considered a part of the Greater Boston metropolitan area. This county alone saw 2,190 opioid-related overdose deaths between 2010 and 2018. The county experienced 325 opioid-related overdose deaths in 2018 alone.
Substance abuse is a major issue in Melrose, and it is not limited to opiates. Common substances of abuse among residents also include alcohol, crack/cocaine, methamphetamine, and marijuana.
Melrose Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The city of Melrose, Massachusetts has been doing its part to battle substance abuse in the city as well as the entire state of Massachusetts. The Melrose Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition was created in 2004 to actively address the increasingly serious problem of alcohol and drug abuse in the city.
The following are several preventative actions currently being taken by the Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition as well as the state of Massachusetts:
- releasing the Parent and Teen Survival Guide to provide substance abuse education
- continuously updating a local substance abuse resource guide
- implementing police officer training to use naloxone
- offering prescription drug take-back programs
- holding drug awareness gatherings to educate residents
The Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition offers the resources needed for individuals suffering from addiction to locate nearby alcohol and drug addiction treatment centers.
Selecting A Substance Abuse Treatment Center
Residents of Melrose, Massachusetts have access to a variety of drug and alcohol rehab centers across Massachusetts and the northeastern United States. Although, choosing the most ideal addiction treatment center for yourself or a loved one can be a difficult task if you don’t know what to look for in a rehab program.
The following are a few key features of most reputable drug rehab facilities:
- accreditation: the rehab center meets a variety of criteria for high standards of substance abuse treatment
- continuum of care: offers continued access to care after completing outpatient or residential treatment
- medical detox: provides access to detox programs and medication to manage withdrawal symptoms
- a variety of therapies: combines evidence-based treatment with alternative therapies, such as yoga
- customized treatment approach: treatment methods are tailored to your specific addiction and needs
Rehab Centers Near Melrose, Massachusetts
Rehab centers across Massachusetts and nearby states offer a variety of treatment programs. Not all alcohol and drug treatment centers offer the same services and treatment methods.
Different individuals need different rehab programs depending on their alcohol or drug addiction and where they are in the recovery process. The following are the most common types of treatment programs offered near Melrose, Massachusetts.
Drug And Alcohol Detox Programs
Detox centers provide the supervision and medical care a person needs to withdraw from addictive substances. Many times, the detoxification process involves the use of medication to help manage the symptoms of withdrawal.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Residential treatment programs, also known as inpatient treatment programs, are proven effective in treating many types of substance use disorders.
Residential rehab programs involve the recovering individual moving onto the rehab center campus for a determined amount of time. Here, they can take part in numerous types of evidence-based and alternative therapies.
Which treatments will be included in inpatient drug rehab depend on the rehab center you choose, but could include mental health treatment (or dual diagnosis treatment), support groups, therapy sessions, case management, and more.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment programs can take many forms, including partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient treatment, and traditional outpatient services. These programs do not involve living at a treatment center campus, so they may allow the individual more freedom to tend to life’s obligations.
Sober Living Options
A sober living home offers a safe haven to a recovering individual following inpatient or outpatient treatment at a drug rehab center. These homes provide supportive, drug-free living environments, so recovering individuals can better transition into daily life in addiction recovery.
Aftercare And Continuing Care Programs
Continuing care, also known as aftercare, is necessary to continuing the path to long-term recovery. This is the support a recovering individual receives following completion of an inpatient, outpatient, or other treatment programs.
Common types of aftercare include the following:
- 12-step programs
- drug and alcohol rehab support groups
- sponsor programs
- recovery center telephone helplines
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Melrose, Massachusetts
Proper addiction treatment can be necessary to achieving recovery and living a more fulfilling life. Residents of Melrose, Massachusetts are fortunate to have a highly qualified drug rehab facility nearby.
Spring Hill Recovery Center offers an effective combination of evidence-based treatment approaches and alternative therapies, such as outdoor recreation, nutritional education, and more. Our alcohol and drug rehab facility holds the highest level of accreditation for addiction treatment providers.
Located in Ashby, Massachusetts, Spring Hill Recovery Center is just one hour from Melrose, providing a convenient, tranquil setting for transforming your life. Contact our addiction treatment experts to learn more about Spring Hill’s recovery programs today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- City of Melrose—How we Began https://www.cityofmelrose.org/substance-abuse-prevention-coalition/pages/how-we-began
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Massachusetts: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/massachusetts-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—What Is Drug Addiction? https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugs-brains-behavior-science-addiction/drug-misuse-addiction
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health—Data Brief: Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths Among Massachusetts Residents https://www.mass.gov/doc/opioid-related-overdose-deaths-among-ma-residents-june-2020/download