Methuen, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
Methuen, Massachusetts residents have convenient access to a variety of excellent drug and alcohol rehab programs. Seeking addiction treatment at an alcohol and drug treatment center is the first step toward addiction recovery.
Drug addiction is a relapsing disorder, and the cycle is nearly impossible to break without addiction treatment at a qualified drug rehab center. Many individuals suffering from drug or alcohol addiction can benefit from inpatient treatment or intensive outpatient treatment programs.
These substance abuse treatment programs offer the behavioral health and medical support needed to fight addiction and achieve long-term recovery. Massachusetts is home to drug rehab centers offering multiple treatment options, including residential treatment, outpatient treatment, mental health disorder treatment, and more.
Methuen, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The opioid epidemic has been named a national crisis. Unfortunately, the number of opioid-related deaths in Massachusetts per year is double the national number.
Essex County, the county in which Methuen is located, has seen rising rates of illegal drug use. Overdose deaths in Essex County have now amounted to 23 of every 100,000 residents. That’s three more than the national rate of overdose deaths.
Heroin and opiates are responsible for roughly 60 percent of drug and alcohol treatment admissions in the state. In Essex County, 136 of every 10,000 residents seek treatment for a substance use disorder or addiction.
Methuen Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Massachusetts state officials are aware the state is a major epicenter of the opioid crisis, and they’re doing as much as possible to stop it.
The following are several preventative efforts being taken in Essex County and the state of Massachusetts:
- providing resources for addiction treatment centers to Massachusetts residents
- fighting the stigma around addiction and substance abuse through various campaigns
- discouraging the prescribing of opioids
- creating anonymous disposal sites for unused medications
- providing superior addiction education for Massachusetts residents, healthcare workers, and first-responders
Massachusetts and Essex County officials are constantly working to connect individuals suffering from addiction with viable treatment options.
Qualities Of An Effective Treatment Program
Individuals seeking addiction treatment will find that all alcohol and drug treatment centers are different. However, most excellent drug rehab facilities offer a variety of the same treatment services and rehab programs.
The following are a few key elements to look for when choosing a treatment center for yourself or a loved one:
- treatment from certified professionals: the rehab facility must staff credentialed addiction experts
- continuum of care: the rehab center is dedicated to helping all recovering individuals reach long-term recovery, which includes assistance following inpatient drug rehab or outpatient treatment
- evidence-based treatment: treatment methods used have been researched, tested, and proven effective
- family involvement: the recovering individual’s family is encouraged to play an active role in the recovery process
- 24-hour care: the addiction treatment center provides 24-hour support, medically and behaviorally, for all recovering individuals.
Rehab Centers Near Methuen, Massachusetts
Not all drug and alcohol rehab centers offer the same services and treatment methods to individuals seeking addiction treatment. The following are several of the most common types of services and treatments you’ll find.
Alcohol And Drug Detox
The first step a recovering individual typically undergoes when seeking treatment is detox. This is the process of withdrawing from an addictive substance, such as heroin, cocaine, or alcohol.
Drug and alcohol detox programs are short-term and provide 24-hour monitoring to ensure the recovering individual is able to undergo detoxification in a safe environment. Medications are provided in some medical detox programs to help ease the discomfort of withdrawals and may include methadone, buprenorphine, or naltrexone.
Inpatient Drug Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment is commonly known as residential treatment. That is because the recovering individual lives on campus at the treatment facility for the duration of the treatment.
Inpatient rehab programs can involve a variety of therapies and activities, including the following:
- individual therapy
- group therapy
- art, music, and other alternative therapy
- outdoor activities and exercise
- health and wellness courses
- mental health treatment
- dual diagnosis care
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment commonly follows inpatient treatment. However, a recovering individual may skip inpatient treatment and enter directly into an intensive outpatient program.
Outpatient drug rehab programs are designed to give the recovering individual more flexibility than residential treatment. Attending work or school are often possible while undergoing outpatient treatment.
Examples of outpatient programs include partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs, and other day treatment programs.
Sober Housing And Transitional Support
Residing in a sober living home isn’t a requirement of treatment. However, transitional facilities serve as safe and supportive accommodation options for those who do not have a supportive housing option.
Entering a sober living home typically follows inpatient treatment and helps the recovering individual return to a more traditional life routine.
Aftercare Treatment Options
Aftercare is an often underrated portion of the recovery process, though it is essential. Continuing care can be in the form of a 12-step program, addiction support group network, drug rehab center alumni events, and a variety of other community-based recovery groups.
These programs provide the support needed for a person to continue addiction recovery long after completing inpatient or outpatient treatment.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Methuen, Massachusetts
Individuals seeking evidence-based addiction treatment in a healing atmosphere don’t need to look any further than Spring Hill Recovery Center in Ashby, Massachusetts. The rehabilitation center is located less than one hour west of Methuen.
Our comprehensive addiction treatment programs are tailored to suit each individual and their specific addiction. The setting, amidst 70 acres of Massachusetts woodland, is ideal for recovering the mind, body, and spirit from the harmful effects of addiction.
Contact our addiction helpline today to find out more about our accredited addiction treatment center, individualized recovery programs, or for help with verifying your health insurance for addiction rehab.
- DrugAbuse.gov—Massachusetts: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/massachusetts-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- DrugAbuse.gov—What is drug addiction? https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugs-brains-behavior-science-addiction/drug-misuse-addiction
- ImpactEssexCounty.org—Health https://impactessexcounty.org/health
- Mass.gov—Governor's Working Group On Opioids Update https://www.mass.gov/doc/governors-working-group-on-opioids-action-plan-update-november-14-2017/download