Middleborough, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Middleborough Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Quality Treatment Center
- Drug Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Aftercare And Continuing Care
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Residents in Middleborough, Massachusetts may be looking at alcohol and drug treatment options in the area. Rehab centers in the area provide an array of treatment programs for substance abuse, including medical detox programs and inpatient treatment.
The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that 31 million people across the globe have a substance use disorder. It may feel like a problem that only you can understand but it’s something many go through.
Few find sobriety on their own, though. For most, it requires inpatient rehab or an intensive outpatient program to get there. Fortunately, drug and alcohol treatment near Middleborough can provide you with the resources you need to start the recovery process.
Middleborough Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Middleborough, Massachusetts does have some drug abuse problems, but, like most of the nation, there has been an increase in the last few years due to the opioid epidemic. In 2013, the town reported six opioid-related overdose deaths. By 2015, that number doubled to 12.
Massachusetts has become proactive in the fight against drug use, though, and it is starting to pay off. In 2017, Middleborough’s reported opioid overdose deaths dropped to seven.
Middleborough Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Massachusetts continues to report some of the highest drug and alcohol abuse numbers in the nation, but they are taking steps to improve the health of their citizens. Part of the state of Massachusetts’ plan to curb drug overdoses is to ensure everyone who needs drug and alcohol rehab has access to it.
They also offer drug monitoring centers where those who do use a drug can come to stay safe. That monitoring center also provides those who come with information on the various treatment options in the state.
Choosing A Quality Treatment Center
Choosing a rehab center can seem like a complex task, so knowing what to look for should help.
Here are some things to consider as you research the various substance abuse treatment options:
- Look for an individualized treatment approach to ensure you get the level of care you need
- Look for accreditation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) or other accrediting organizations
- Ask about a continuum of care — many treatment centers provide a lifetime of support
- Ensure they provide evidence-based treatment — look for proven therapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Choose a treatment facility that offers different therapies — this will ensure you have access to what you need
- See if they offer detox services — this allows you to enter the treatment program already sober
- Request medication-assisted treatment (MAT) — this can be important for those with alcohol or opioid use disorder
- Require 24-hour care — there should always be someone around to provide support
- Check to see if the staff consists of certified and credentialed professionals — it means they are trained in handling the complex therapies that improve your chances of a successful recovery
- See if they have experience in treating your specific kinds of addiction, like opioids or alcohol — drug treatment can vary based on the type of addiction
- Require relapse prevention planning — it will provide you with tools and strategies to help prevent a relapse
- See if they provide aftercare programs — aftercare is a support system for once your graduate from the program
- Ask about alumni support that gives you access to resources later on
- Insist on family involvement — for most, the family makes up their support system, so keeping them involved helps
Rehab Centers Near Middleborough, Massachusetts
Treatment programs can vary from one rehab facility to the next. Here are some of the common therapeutic rehab programs:
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Detoxification can be one of the hardest parts of the process because the withdrawal symptoms may be overwhelming. It’s better to detox in a safe supervised environment with comfort care and medical assistance if needed.
Inpatient Drug Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment, sometimes referred to as residential treatment, is a live-in program that immerses you in the recovery process. You live in a sober environment with others also in recovery. This lets you know that you are not going through this alone and allows you to provide support to others like you.
Inpatient treatment usually consists of both individual and group therapy, plus other activities such as recreational fun, drug education, and stress management. Because many who struggle with drug and alcohol abuse also have a co-occurring disorder, residential rehab may also include mental health treatment or dual diagnosis treatment.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment for substance use disorder can be a more flexible approach to rehab because you go through therapy but continue to live outside the facility. For some, that means living at home with family or friends, for others, it involves staying in a sober community during treatment.
Sober Living Facilities
Sober living communities and transitional facilities help you transition back into the community after your drug or alcohol treatment. It can provide a sober environment for those who might otherwise return to a life full of potential triggers. It also surrounds you with the support that can help maintain your sobriety, including 12-step groups.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Aftercare services introduce you to resources that help you get back to your regular life but free from drugs and alcohol. That means different to each person, though.
Some need help securing sober housing, others may have to look for work or get training to qualify for employment. Aftercare usually involves 12-step meetings and other recovery support programs, as well.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Middleborough, Massachusetts
There is no reason you or that person you love have to fight alcohol or drug addiction alone. Spring Hill Recovery Center is close to Middleborough and able to provide you with the addiction services you need to find that path to recovery in a safe, relaxing environment.
Give a call to our helpline at Spring Hill to find out more about our recovery programs.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Massachusetts: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/massachusetts-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health—Number of Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths, All Intents by City/Town 2013‐2017 https://www.mass.gov/doc/opioid-related-overdose-deaths-by-citytown-august-2018/download
- World Health Organization—Management of Substance Abuse: Facts and Figures https://www.who.int/substance_abuse/facts/en/