Milton, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Milton Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing An Addiction Center
- Detoxification Services
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Homes
- Continuing Care Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Addiction treatment, whether inpatient or outpatient, can help those with drug or alcohol abuse issues enter recovery. Residents of Milton, Massachusetts have access to a number of nearby, accredited drug and alcohol rehab centers.
Addiction is a serious health concern. It is the most advanced form of a substance use disorder and is characterized by an inability to stop using an addictive substance, even when that substance is clearly causing harm.
The best way to treat drug or alcohol addiction and achieve long-term recovery is through an excellent addiction treatment program.
Inpatient drug rehab and intensive outpatient treatment programs are proven effective in treating addiction and other substance use disorders. Milton, Massachusetts is located just a short distance from some of the most reputable drug and alcohol rehab centers.
Milton Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Milton, Massachusetts is located in Norfolk County, which has been battling the state- and nationwide opioid epidemic for decades.
Opioid-related deaths in the state of Massachusetts reached all-time highs in 2016 and have remained near the same level since. Roughly 2,015 Massachusetts residents died due to opioid-related overdoses in 2019.
Fortunately, a recent survey published in January 2020, showed a decline in teen alcohol and drug abuse within the city of Milton, Massachusetts.
City officials have stated that the battle against substance abuse in Milton is expected to continue for years, but this survey showed some of the positive results the city has been seeing.
Milton Drug And Alcohol Treatment
City of Milton officials and residents have been working collectively to battle drug and alcohol abuse issues in the city.
The following are a few of the preventative actions being taken in Milton and all of Massachusetts right now:
- creation of the Milton Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
- combined drug use reduction efforts made by schools, medical providers, local clergy, and public safety departments
- development of anti-stigma campaigns to reduce the stigma surrounding alcohol and drug addiction
- creating accessible disposal sites for prescription medications
- reducing the number of opioids prescribed in the state and monitoring prescriptions
Officials in the city of Milton as well as across the state of Massachusetts are working to connect individuals with addiction to qualified alcohol and drug treatment facilities.
Choosing An Addiction Center
Choosing an excellent drug and alcohol rehab center doesn’t have to be an intimidating task. Northeastern states are home to a variety of quality addiction treatment facilities offering residential treatment, outpatient treatment, and additional treatment programs for individuals with addiction and mental health disorders.
The following are a few key elements to look for when choosing an addiction treatment center for yourself or a loved one:
- accreditation: the addiction treatment center has been recognized and awarded for reaching defined levels of quality
- individualized treatment: a treatment plan is custom-designed to suit the needs of each recovering individual
- nutritional components: help patients restore their physical health through nutritious meals and nutrition education
- alumni support: offers an active alumni community for recovery support and planned events
- multiple types of therapy: a variety of therapy options are provided to suit the varying desires and needs of recovering individuals
Rehab Centers Near Milton, Massachusetts
The rehab centers available to Milton, Massachusetts residents provide a variety of addiction treatment programs. Although, these rehab programs can vary from one drug rehab center to another. The following are some of the most common programs proven to help treat addiction and promote long-term recovery.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification
Medical detox is available to individuals who need to withdraw from an addictive substance, such as alcohol or opiates. Detox programs provide around-the-clock monitoring and behavioral health support, as well as access to medication-assisted treatment when needed.
Inpatient Drug Rehab Programs
Residential treatment programs provide 24-hour medical support for the recovering individual. The inpatient treatment process involves living on-site at the alcohol and drug treatment center.
Residents receive on-site housing, 24-hour access to medical and behavioral staff, and access to a variety of therapies and activities. Which therapies and treatments a person takes part in depends on their needs, but could include mental health treatment, dual diagnosis treatment, behavioral therapy, group therapy, and more.
Outpatient Treatment For Substance Abuse
Outpatient treatment is more flexible than inpatient treatment, because the recovering individual does not live on-site at the treatment center.
However, outpatient programs can include partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient care. The intensity of the program depends on the recovering individual’s addiction, personal needs, and where they are in the recovery process.
Sober Living Homes
A stay at a sober living or transitional facility is essential for some recovering individuals. Many times, sober living homes are provided to those who do not have a drug-free home to which they can return following inpatient or outpatient treatment.
These facilities help recovering individuals transition into a more traditional life free from drug and alcohol abuse while still attending outpatient services for substance abuse.
Aftercare And Continuing Care Programs
Continuing care is one of the most underrated parts of the substance abuse treatment process. Aftercare and continuing care are classified as the activities, therapies, and recovery programs a person can use to continue the recovery process after completing inpatient or outpatient drug rehab.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Milton, Massachusetts
Alcohol and drug treatment at an accredited addiction treatment center is what you or your loved one may need to achieve long-term recovery. Fortunately, residents of Milton, Massachusetts are near a high-quality addiction treatment center: Spring Hill Recovery Center.
Spring Hill offers a variety of evidence-based and alternative treatment methods to all recovering individuals. The tranquil setting on 70 acres of woodland in Ashby, Massachusetts, makes Spring Hill the ultimate place to heal mind, body, and spirit from the harmful effects of addiction.
Contact our Spring Hill Recovery Center addiction helpline to find out more about our New England recovery programs today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Mass.gov—Data brief: opioid-related overdose deaths among Massachusetts residents https://www.mass.gov/doc/opioid-related-overdose-deaths-among-ma-residents-june-2020/download
- Mass.gov—Substance addiction treatment admission statistics https://www.mass.gov/service-details/substance-addiction-services-descriptions
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Drug Misuse and Addiction https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugs-brains-behavior-science-addiction/drug-misuse-addiction
- Patriot Ledger—Milton survey shows progress in drinking and drug fight https://www.patriotledger.com/news/20200131/milton-survey-shows-progress-in-drinking-and-drug-fight