Needham, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Needham Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Drug Rehab Center
- Detox Treatment Services
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Homes
- Aftercare Treatment Options
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Addiction is a treatable disease, and it is best treated at an accredited drug and alcohol rehab center. Residents of Needham, Massachusetts with drug or alcohol addiction have access to a number of renowned drug rehab facilities.
While addiction is treatable, it is an undeniably serious disease. One of the most effective ways to treat addiction is at a reputable alcohol and drug treatment center.
Many times, inpatient treatment is the best option for individuals with substance use disorders. Massachusetts is home to several excellent drug rehab facilities offering inpatient treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and other evidence-based treatment options.
Needham, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Needham, Massachusetts is a suburb of Boston located in Norfolk County. It’s known as one of the best places to live in the state of Massachusetts.
However, the city has been battling an underlying drug abuse issue for years. Norfolk County reported 1,246 opioid-related overdose deaths between 2010 and 2019. In 2019 alone, Norfolk County experienced 132 opioid-related overdose deaths.
However, opiates aren’t the only drugs leading to substance use disorders and addiction in Norfolk County. Some of the most popular substances of abuse in addition to opioids are alcohol, crack/cocaine, and methamphetamine. These drugs and others contribute to the substance abuse issues in Needham, Massachusetts.
Needham Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Norfolk County officials have been fighting substance abuse in this suburb for decades.
The following are a few preventative efforts being taken against substance abuse in Norfolk County and Needham right now:
- providing information to the public about substance abuse and alcohol and drug addiction
- informing public safety officials and community members about naloxone
- openly sharing overdose statistics
- implementing school programs and practices to prevent drug use
- offering an anonymous drug take-back box
- teaching parents and others how to safely store medications
Needham officials are continuously working to provide a variety of resources to addicted individuals and their families, including connecting them with the state’s top addiction treatment centers.
Selecting A Drug Rehab Center
A variety of addiction treatment facilities are available to residents of Needham, Massachusetts. This can make deciding which one is best for you or your loved one a difficult task.
The following are a few key elements of an excellent addiction treatment center to help you in your search:
- accreditation: the drug rehab center should be officially recognized for meeting certain quality standards
- continuum of care: resources, tools, and guidance are provided long after completing inpatient or outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment: on-site medical professionals can provide medication to aid the treatment process when needed
- evidence-based treatment: the rehab center uses traditional and alternative treatment programs proven to be successful
Rehab Centers Near Needham, Massachusetts
Different drug and alcohol rehab facilities across the United States offer varying types of treatment. The following are some of the most common treatment methods and addiction services you’ll find at substance abuse treatment centers.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Treatment Services
Withdrawing from addictive substances, like drugs and alcohol, is a process that can vary in length and intensity. A drug and alcohol detox center offers 24-hour monitoring for addicted individuals undergoing the withdrawal process. Many detoxification programs offer medication-assisted treatment to help ease withdrawal symptoms.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Residential treatment, also known as inpatient treatment, involves the addicted individual moving onto the rehab campus.
Residential rehab programs often include a variety of therapies, educational courses, and activities to aid in healing the mind and body from the adverse effects of addiction.
Because mental health disorders occur alongside so many drug and alcohol abuse issues, mental health treatment or dual diagnosis care may also be available during inpatient rehab.
Outpatient Treatment For Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Outpatient treatment is an addiction treatment program that allows the recovering individual to continue with other aspects of daily life, such as attending school or working. These outpatient programs can include a variety of therapies, ranging from partial hospitalization to traditional outpatient treatment.
Sober Living Homes
Transitional living facilities are typically sober homes that accommodate a number of recovering individuals. These homes offer drug-free living environments for those who may not have supportive homes to which they can return following treatment.
Aftercare Treatment Options
Continuing care is an essential part of the recovery process. Aftercare programs are designed to help prevent relapse through community-based support systems.
Examples of effective aftercare programs are the following:
- drug rehab alumni activities
- 12-step programs
- group therapy
- individual therapy
- addiction support group systems (sponsors)
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Needham, Massachusetts
Residents of Needham, Massachusetts are fortunate to have a top alcohol and drug treatment center nearby. Spring Hill Recovery Center is located in Ashby, Massachusetts, just one hour north of Needham.
Spring Hill Recovery Center sits on a gorgeous 70-acre stretch of land in picturesque northern Massachusetts. Our tranquil setting is ideal for healing the mind and body through multiple evidence-based treatment methods.
Residents can enjoy outdoor recreational therapy, yoga, campfire meetings, and more in addition to traditional individual and group therapy.
Contact Spring Hill Recovery Center addiction experts through our helpline today to find out how we can help you start the path to addiction recovery.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2022 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Mass.gov—Number of Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths, All Intents By County, MA Residents: 2010-2019 https://www.mass.gov/doc/opioid-related-overdose-deaths-by-county-june-2020/download
- NKFDA—Substance Use Prevention Resources http://www.nfkda.com/substance_use_resources.html