New Bedford, MA Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers
- Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Rehab Center
- Detox Centers
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Those struggling with addiction can find drug and alcohol rehab options near New Bedford, Massachusetts. These options include immediate detox and long-term care through residential treatment, inpatient treatment, and outpatient care. Finding a rehab center can be the first step toward recovery.
Bristol County, where New Bedford is located, experienced 1,646 deaths from opioid-related drug overdoses between 2010 and 2019. These numbers have shown an annual increase over that time, indicating the struggle that residents of the county and cities within it, such as New Bedford, have with substance use disorders.
Opioid use and other substance use disorders require intensive care and support to recover from. However, those who live in or near New Bedford can find help for addictions from one of the drug and alcohol rehab centers located nearby.
New Bedford, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Residents of New Bedford, Massachusetts, who suffer from drug or alcohol addiction come from all walks of life because substance use disorders can happen to anyone.
Among those who sought treatment for drug or alcohol addiction in New Bedford:
- 9.8 percent were male and 40.2 percent were female
- Addicted individuals came from all races, ages, and education level
- 43.3 percent had never had mental health treatment before, marking drug rehab their first form of behavioral health care
New Bedford Drug And Alcohol Treatment
By getting treatment, addicted individuals in New Bedford can keep themselves from experiencing the worst possible effects of addiction, including overdose.
Treatment options in and near New Bedford could include:
- alcohol and drug rehab programs
- inpatient rehab programs
- residential treatment
- outpatient rehab services
- intensive outpatient programs
- partial hospitalization programs
Choosing A Drug Rehab Center
When choosing a rehab center near New Bedford, the treatment facility should offer amenities that reflect quality, patient-centered care.
By providing a variety of types of treatment options and numerous therapies, a drug rehab center can cater to diverse patient needs.
When comparing alcohol and drug treatment options near New Bedford, look for the following:
- Accreditation: Accredited rehab facilities must meet quality standards set forth by an overseeing body. Renewing accreditation ensures the facility maintains those standards. For instance, The Joint Commission accredits most behavioral health treatment facilities for three years.
- Continuum of Care: Recovery does not happen in a single step. Rehab centers should provide support for those suffering from addiction throughout the process, from detox through continuing care.
- Treatment from Credentialed Professionals: When trusting a treatment facility with mental or medical health care, those at the rehab center must have proper credentials to ensure the procedures are proven, evidence-based treatment methods.
Rehab Centers Near New Bedford, Massachusetts
New Bedford drug rehab centers provide a variety of treatment options depending on where the person suffering from addiction is on in their road to recovery. For example, someone who needs physical support to overcome drug withdrawal has different needs from someone who has successfully completed a rehab program.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Centers
Drug and alcohol addictions cause physical changes to the body. Suddenly stopping the use of these substances can lead to disturbing side effects. Though temporary, these detox symptoms require medical supervision. Detox centers near New Bedford can help those struggling with addiction to get through this tough portion of the recovery.
Massachusetts Inpatient Rehab Programs
After detox, some people struggling with substance use disorders will need intensive behavioral or medical care. Inpatient treatment centers near New Bedford have 24-hour care to support patients at any time of the day or night.
A variety of therapies offered help individuals to mentally recover from substance use disorders during residential treatment.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment services allow those suffering from addiction to return to their homes while getting frequent care and support at the treatment center. For people who live in or near New Bedford who need to work while attending treatment, outpatient treatment provides the flexibility to do so.
Sober Living And Transitional Facilities
After inpatient or outpatient treatment, sober living and transitional facilities near New Bedford provide safe environments where the individual can focus exclusively on recovery. The recovering individual can learn new skills at these alcohol and drug rehab facilities to make the transition from treatment to substance-free living.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Even after completing a rehab program, temptations and struggles will continue. Aftercare and continuing care ensure that the recovering individual never has to feel alone in their new substance-free life.
Nationally, only 86 percent of drug and alcohol treatment facilities offer this care, but New Bedford residents who need aftercare can find several options in and around the city.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near New Bedford, Massachusetts
Addiction treatment begins the path to freedom from substance use disorders. At Spring Hill Recovery Center, we offer multiple treatment formats to meet the needs of a wide variety of recovering individuals.
Spring Hill Recovery Center, located in Ashby, serves the entire state of Massachusetts. For those in New Bedford, it’s a convenient, two-hour drive away. However, no distance is too great when it comes to reaching out for accredited, patient-centered addiction treatment.
For more information on our alcohol and drug treatment programs at Spring Hill Recovery Center, contact us today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2022 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Mass.gov – Substance Addiction Treatment Admissions Statistics By City and Town New Bedford Admissions https://www.mass.gov/doc/admissions-statistics-by-city-and-town/download=page#403
- Mass.gov – Substance Addiction Treatment Admissions Statistics by City and Town New Bedford Substance Use Trends https://www.mass.gov/doc/admissions-statistics-by-city-and-town/download=page#404
- Mass.gov – Number of Opioid-Related Deaths by County, MA Residents: 2010 to 2019 https://www.mass.gov/doc/opioid-related-overdose-deaths-by-county-june-2020/download
- TheJointCommission.org – What Is Accreditation? https://www.jointcommission.org/accreditation-and-certification/become-accredited/what-is-accreditation/
- SAMHSA.gov – 2016 National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/2016_NSSATS.pdf=page#35
- DrugAbuse.gov – Overdose Death Rates https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates