Peabody, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Peabody Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A High-Quality Rehab Center
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Options
- Aftercare Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Drug addiction is a disease best treated by addiction experts at a drug and alcohol rehab center. Residents of Peabody, Massachusetts have easy access to a variety of addiction treatment centers, offering multiple treatment options, nearby.
Drug and alcohol addiction is not a disease that is easy to cure. It is a relapsing, chronic substance use disorder that often creates adverse consequences for the individual and his or her family.
Treatment at a qualified drug rehab facility is one of the surest ways to combat addiction and achieve long-term recovery.
Inpatient treatment, outpatient drug rehab, and other intensive treatment programs allow the recovering individual to become fully submerged in the treatment process with around-the-clock behavioral health and medical support.
Massachusetts is home to several drug and alcohol treatment centers, offering inpatient rehab, outpatient services, access to detoxification support, and other treatment options for mental health and substance abuse care.
Peabody, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Peabody is located in Essex County, Massachusetts, a county that has been greatly impacted by the opioid epidemic. According to a national survey, Essex County reported higher rates of illegal drug use than other, nearby counties.
Essex County averages 23 overdose deaths for every 100,000 residents. The national rate per 100,000 residents is only 20.
Unfortunately, substance use disorders in Peabody and Essex County aren’t solely limited to opiates.
The following are common substances of abuse in the county:
Peabody Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The city of Peabody, Essex County, and the state of Massachusetts have been working together to combat the opioid epidemic for years. However, the fight is far from over.
The following are long-term preventative actions being taken to combat the statewide crisis right now:
- creation of the Massachusetts Communication and Awareness Around Recovery and Employer Support (CARES) program
- creation of the PAARI nonprofit community policing program
- promoting more non-arrest approaches to drug treatment
- increased community education on preventing and treating opioid addiction
- recovery coaches within local police departments
The city of Peabody and Essex County officials are continuously promoting treatment at nearby addiction treatment centers as one of the best ways to combat the opioid crisis.
Selecting A High-Quality Drug Rehab Center
Addiction experts understand that choosing the correct alcohol and drug treatment center for yourself or a loved one can be difficult. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the variety of drug rehab centers available in Massachusetts and around New England.
The following are a few key features to look for when choosing an alcohol and drug treatment center:
- accreditation: the treatment center should be recognized for meeting specific quality standards set by accreditation organizations
- customized treatment approach: addiction experts at the rehab facility should tailor a treatment plan to your needs
- treats your type of addiction: specialized treatment for your specific drug or alcohol addiction
- variety of treatments: multiple therapies and treatment methods should be used
- relapse prevention planning: a clear recovery program should be developed to help you continue the lifelong journey of recovery
Rehab Centers Near Peabody, Massachusetts
One drug and alcohol rehab facility can vary greatly from the next. Although, many of the country’s most esteemed drug rehab centers share similar methods and treatment options. The following are some of the most common types of alcohol and drug treatment programs.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Detox is one of the first and most difficult steps on the path to recovery. This is when the recovering individual withdraws from the use of addictive substances. Medications such as methadone or buprenorphine may be used to help ease the pain of withdrawal symptoms.
Drug and alcohol detox centers provide 24-hour supervision and medical care to aid with the withdrawal process and its side effects.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient rehab programs in the state of Massachusetts involve the recovering individual undergoing treatment on a rehab center campus. This type of residential treatment often involves multiple types of therapy, education, and activities, such as behavioral therapy.
Therapies are designed to help the individual heal from the harmful effects of addiction mentally, physically, and psychologically. To that end, mental health treatment, dual diagnosis treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders, and other forms of care may also be available in residential drug rehab.
Outpatient Treatment For Substance Use Disorders
Outpatient treatment typically follows a stay at an inpatient treatment center. However, outpatient programs can vary greatly based on the recovering individual and how far along they are in the addiction recovery process.
Just a few of the most effective forms of outpatient substance abuse treatment include partial hospitalization programs and intensive outpatient programs, which are also called day treatment programs.
Many times, recovering individuals undergoing outpatient services are able to perform some traditional life obligations, such as attending work, school, or caring for family members.
Sober Living Options
Transitional facilities, such as sober living homes, are an essential part of the recovery process for many recovering individuals exiting inpatient drug rehab or outpatient treatment programs. Sober homes serve as a safe and drug-free place for the recovering individual to reside while he or she returns to a more traditional daily routine.
Aftercare Programs And Services
Quality aftercare or continuing care can be the difference between an individual experiencing a relapse or continuing on the path to recovery. These are community-based programs designed to provide continued support for recovering individuals who have completed inpatient or outpatient treatment.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Peabody, Massachusetts
A more fulfilling, addiction-free life is attainable for you or your loved one. At Spring Hill Recovery Center, we utilize evidence-based treatment methods that are tailored to each individual’s addiction and personal needs.
Our addiction experts will identify the root of your addiction and treat it through a variety of traditional and alternative therapy methods. The peaceful setting of the rehab center, surrounded by 70 acres of Massachusetts woodland, is ideal for healing the mind, body, and soul.
Spring Hill Recovery Center is located one hour west of Peabody, offering convenient access to treatment for residents of Essex County and beyond. Contact our helpline addiction specialists to begin your path to recovery today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- DrugAbuse.gov—Massachusetts: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/massachusetts-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- DrugAbuse.gov—What is drug addiction? https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugs-brains-behavior-science-addiction/drug-misuse-addiction
- ImpactEssexCounty.org—Health https://impactessexcounty.org/health
- Mass.gov—Governor's Working Group On Opioids Update https://www.mass.gov/doc/governors-working-group-on-opioids-action-plan-update-november-14-2017/download