Salem, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Drug And Alcohol Abuse
- Importance Of Finding Treatment
- Addiction Treatment In Salem
- How To Choose A Rehab Center
- Detox Centers
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Drug and alcohol rehab centers in Salem, Massachusetts and surrounding areas offer a range of alcohol and drug treatment programs. Learn more about the different types of treatment programs and how to find the best Salem addiction rehab center to meet your needs.
Addiction to substances like opioids, alcohol, and other sedatives can lead to a harmful cycle of drug misuse and relapse. Breaking the cycle of addiction may require professional treatment that can be personalized to meet a person’s needs.
Massachusetts is home to a range of rehab centers for addiction, including rehab centers in Salem and surrounding areas. Salem rehab centers offer inpatient, residential, and outpatient treatment options to help residents overcome addiction and learn important skills for a future in recovery.
Salem, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Drug and alcohol abuse affects the lives of thousands of Massachusetts residents and their loved ones. In 2019, over 80,000 Massachusetts residents sought substance abuse treatment.
Over the past decade, the U.S. opioid crisis has posed one of the greatest threats to the health and wellbeing of Massachusetts residents. Massachusetts is ranked as one of the top 10 states nationwide for drug overdose deaths—90 percent of which involve opioids like fentanyl, which can be deadly in small doses.
In addition to fentanyl, other common substances of abuse in Massachusetts include:
Importance Of Finding Treatment
Drug addiction can have debilitating effects on a person’s life and well-being. Many people who struggle with addiction experience job loss, relationship troubles, health problems, and more.
Seeking treatment for addiction can be life-saving, and can teach residents the skills and tools needed to prevent relapse and maintain long-term recovery.
Salem, MA Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The city of Salem has undertaken several efforts to combat the rise in opioid overdose deaths across the state and implement more effective substance abuse prevention strategies.
The city’s Department of Health has developed the following resources for substance abuse prevention:
- a free and anonymous substance abuse and education helpline
- information from the Massachusetts Department of Health on addiction treatment resources, opioid overdose prevention, and naloxone (Narcan) distribution programs
- educational campaigns to combat the stigma surrounding substance abuse and addiction
Private rehab centers in Salem and surrounding areas offer multiple levels of care for people in different stages of the recovery process. This serves to help Salem residents find the type of treatment program best suited to meet their personal needs.
How To Choose A Rehab Center
Seeking addiction treatment for yourself or a loved one can be a challenging process. When searching for a Salem rehab center, it’s important to find treatment that is customized based on previous treatment history, type of addiction, and other factors.
Not all Salem Rehab centers treat drug and alcohol addiction the same.
When considering addiction rehab in Salem, look for a rehab center that offers the following:
- customized treatment approach: treatment for drug and alcohol addiction can be most effective when it is customized to meet the needs of each patient
- evidence-based treatment: research shows that evidence-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can lead to better long-term recovery outcomes
- detox programs available: detox services allow for a smoother transition into an inpatient or residential rehab program
- relapse prevention planning: relapse prevention strategies are an important part of any addiction treatment program to help break the stubborn cycle of addiction
Rehab Centers Near Salem, Massachusetts
Treatment for drug and alcohol addiction in Salem can come in many forms. Learning what different types of treatment programs are available can help you find the treatment most suited to meet the needs of yourself or a loved one.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Centers
Entering a detox program is often the first step in the treatment process for drug and alcohol addiction. Drug detox centers in and near Salem provide a safe and supervised environment as they withdraw from addictive substances. Behavioral support and 24-hour medical care are often available during detox.
Salem, MA Inpatient Rehab Programs
Salem inpatient rehab centers provide the highest level of care for people who are at the beginning of sobriety.
Inpatient rehab programs generally last 30 to 90 days and involve residing in a treatment facility for around-the-clock supervision, with access to a range of medical and behavioral support services.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment programs near Salem, Massachusetts are a less-intensive form of addiction treatment that offer greater flexibility for residents who don’t require 24-hour care.
Many people who complete an inpatient or residential rehab program go on to receive outpatient treatment to help them maintain their recovery. This can involve weekly counseling appointments, group therapy, and outpatient medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Sober Living And Transitional Facilities
Sober living homes are a transitional form of care that can help residents ease back into a normal routine in the community after the completion of an inpatient program. Transitional housing programs for addiction in Salem may be beneficial for sober residents who lack a supportive home environment.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Salem aftercare programs connect residents with case management services that can link them to community-based resources for addiction treatment and support. Aftercare support can help individuals access a full continuum of care, from inpatient rehab to outpatient treatment services.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Salem, Massachusetts
Overcoming addiction can be the most challenging experience of a person’s life, but at Spring Hill Recovery Center, we know recovery is possible.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and are seeking treatment in Salem or surrounding areas, look no further than our accredited rehab center in Ashby, MA.
Located about an hour away from Salem, our secluded location offers a serene environment for residents to heal from the physical, mental, and psychological effects of addiction.
Spring Hill Recovery offers residential rehab and intensive outpatient treatment programs to treat addiction to opioids, alcohol, and other addictive drugs. Our personalized approach to treatment provides a customizable experience that can meet the needs of those with varying health needs.
Don’t wait to reach out today. Call Spring Hill Recovery now for more information about our treatment programs and treatment approach.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- City of Salem: Salem Department of Health—Salem Overdose and Substance Use Prevention Coalition Resources https://www.salem.com/health/pages/salem-overdose-and-substance-use-prevention-coalition-resources
- Mass.gov—Substance Addiction Data and Reports https://www.mass.gov/substance-addiction-data-and-reports
- Mass.gov—Substance Addiction Services Descriptions https://www.mass.gov/service-details/substance-addiction-services-descriptions
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)—Massachusetts Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/massachusetts-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms