Weymouth, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Weymouth Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Rehab Facility
- Drug Detoxification Centers
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Aftercare Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Residents of Weymouth, Massachusetts, are fortunate to have a variety of addiction treatment centers nearby. These drug and alcohol rehab facilities offer a range of treatment programs, including inpatient treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and more.
Massachusetts is a state that has been battling an opioid crisis and other substance abuse issues for years. Weymouth, Massachusetts, is located in Norfolk County, a county in which overdose deaths and other problems caused by addiction have soared since the late 1990s.
Addiction is classified as a chronic disease. It is best treated by professionals in an accredited alcohol and drug treatment facility. Fortunately, a variety of addiction treatment centers are located near Weymouth, making it easier and more convenient for Weymouth residents to begin the path to recovery.
Weymouth, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Massachusetts overdose-related deaths reached 1,991 in 2018. In 2017, Norfolk County, the county in which Weymouth is located, recorded 157 overdose deaths due to opiates alone. Research has shown that nearly 88 percent of Massachusetts drug overdose deaths involve at least one opioid.
However, that doesn’t mean opioids are the only substances abused in Norfolk County and the entire state of Massachusetts.
The following are the most common substances of abuse in the state:
Substance use disorder treatment at a qualified drug and alcohol rehab facility could be life-changing for addicted individuals and their loved ones.
Weymouth Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Norfolk County and Massachusetts state officials have taken numerous steps toward combating the opioid epidemic and other substance abuse issues.
The following are several of the substance abuse prevention efforts being taken in Weymouth and Norfolk County right now:
- creating more than 150 “Sober Homes” with more than 2,000 beds
- implemented screening, interventions, and substance abuse treatment referrals in Massachusetts schools
- increased access to on-demand treatment
- educating families on the opioid epidemic and prevention
- increased funding to expand residential treatment services
Choosing A Rehab Facility
Locating the best drug and alcohol rehab center for your or your loved one’s needs may be an intimidating task. Although, many of the top drug rehab facilities in the United States share a number of similar qualities.
The following are several key elements of a quality alcohol and drug treatment center:
- individualized treatment approach: a personalized treatment plan is developed to suit your addiction, mental health, and individual needs
- evidence-based treatment: treatment methods have been tested and proven effective in combating alcohol and drug addiction
- relapse prevention plan: resources and tools are provided to promote lasting recovery following completion of inpatient or outpatient treatment
- family involvement: your family is encouraged to join events and take an active role in recovery
- detox programs available: 24-hour care for individuals undergoing detox and withdrawal symptoms
Rehab Centers Near Weymouth, Massachusetts
Addiction treatment programs vary from one drug rehab center to another. However, most high-quality treatment centers offer a number of similar treatment programs and resources.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Centers
Detox is often the first step to long-term recovery. An excellent drug and alcohol detox center will offer 24-hour medical and behavioral health services as well as medication-assisted treatment for withdrawal symptoms if needed.
Medications used in detox programs vary, but could include buprenorphine (Suboxone), methadone, or naltrexone (Vivitrol).
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Residential treatment programs, also known as inpatient treatment, involve the recovering individual spending 24 hours a day on the rehab center campus. Inpatient rehab programs typically include a variety of therapies, such as anger management or behavioral therapy, educational opportunities, and activities to help the recovering individual heal physically and mentally.
Outpatient Treatment For Alcohol And Drug Addiction
Outpatient treatment programs typically follow residential treatment; however, it’s possible for a recovering individual to enter directly into an outpatient rehab setting.
Outpatient programs can vary greatly in intensity and length depending on the individual’s needs and where they are in the treatment process. Just a few outpatient programs include partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient treatment options, and individual and group counseling sessions.
These programs are typically more flexible than inpatient treatment, allowing the individual to attend work or school while continuing treatment.
Sober Living Facilities
Massachusetts is home to more than 150 sober living homes. That’s because it’s essential for a recovering individual to live in a drug-free and supportive environment. Sober housing facilities allow recovering individuals to return to a more traditional daily routine.
Aftercare (Continuing Care) Programs
The journey to drug or alcohol addiction recovery may be a long one. Aftercare, or continuing care, programs can help recovering individuals stay on track with recovery long after they’ve completed residential drug rehab or outpatient treatment.
Aftercare can be in the form of 12-step programs, addiction support groups, rehab center alumni programs, and more.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Weymouth, Massachusetts
There’s no better place to begin the path to recovery than at Spring Hill Recovery Center. Our addiction treatment center specializes in evidence-based treatment methods to promote lifelong recovery.
Spring Hill Recovery Center is located less than 1.5 hours north of Weymouth by car, in picture-perfect Ashby, Massachusetts. We offer a number of recovery programs and resources, including access to detox and sober living, residential programs, intensive outpatient treatment, help with verifying health insurance, and more.
Contact a treatment specialist through our helpline at Spring Hill to become one step closer to a more fulfilling, addiction-free life today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2022 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- DrugAbuse.gov—Massachusetts: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/massachusetts-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Mass.gov—Substance Addiction Treatment Admissions Statistics https://www.mass.gov/lists/substance-addiction-treatment-admissions-statistics#geographic-based-admissions-statistics-
- Mass.gov—Current Opioid Statistics https://www.mass.gov/lists/current-opioid-statistics