Newark, NJ Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Newark Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Quality Rehab Center
- Drug Detox Services
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Aftercare Recovery Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
The first step to overcoming a substance use disorder is getting help. People in Newark, New Jersey, can find help in the form of drug and alcohol addiction treatment at rehab centers in the greater New England area.
If you or a loved one with drug or alcohol addiction are in need of treatment near Newark, New Jersey, you have treatment options near you.
Inpatient drug rehab programs, outpatient programs, detoxification services, and other treatment programs can help New Jersey residents conquer substance abuse issues and begin the road to addiction recovery.
For those seeking addiction treatment in Newark, New Jersey, help can be found at a good drug and alcohol rehab.
Newark Drug And Alcohol Abuse
While Essex County, where Newark is located, only represents approximately nine percent of New Jersey’s population, it also represents 12.5 percent of the opioid-related overdoses.
Newark is the seat of Essex County, and the need for addiction treatment couldn’t be more vital in this area of eastern Massachusetts.
Newark Drug and Alcohol Treatment
The city of Newark, along with the state government, is being proactive in its efforts to help those with a substance use disorder. The ReachNJ initiative, for example, is an online effort to reach out to those who need help and addiction treatment.
More often than not, those efforts will lead those needing help to a good drug rehab center where they can get the treatment they need.
Some of the most common types of treatment services include addiction treatment for:
- methamphetamine (meth)
- prescription drugs
- non-Rx drugs (e.g. Suboxone)
The only thing more important than getting help is finding the right alcohol and drug rehab. Substance abuse treatment isn’t a one-size-fits-all treatment plan, and entering long-term recovery means choosing the right alcohol and drug treatment center for your individual needs.
Choosing A Quality Rehab Center
Some of the questions that will help to determine how to choose the right alcohol and drug treatment program include:
- what type of substance use disorder you or a loved one have
- how much of the substance was abused and how often
- how long drug and alcohol abuse lasted
Many of the most successful alcohol and drug rehab facilities share some common traits.
When looking for a high-quality treatment center and rehab program, a few things to consider should include:
- individualized approach to treatment: Everyone struggling with a substance use disorder is fighting their own battle. Good treatment programs are built on the person and their needs.
- use of evidence-based treatments: Counseling, talk therapies or cognitive behavioral therapies, and medication-assisted treatment options are common treatments used at alcohol and drug treatment centers.
- accreditations, certifications, and qualifications: Addiction treatment centers should provide the proper medical staff or supervision.
- a continuum of care and aftercare planning: The goal of addiction treatment programs should be to help people recover and stay recovered. Continuum of care and aftercare treatment programs are often the bridge that ties recovery to a life of sobriety.
Rehab Centers Near Newark, New Jersey
While drug and alcohol rehab centers will have many common traits, that doesn’t mean they are all the same. Not everyone seeking addiction treatment will require a detox program, for example.
Some people will require an inpatient treatment program, while others may need an outpatient treatment program for any variety of reasons.
These are a few of the different types of drug and alcohol treatment services available:
Alcohol And Drug Detox Services
One of the most important steps of recovery can often begin with detox. Drug and alcohol detox centers, often part of a residential treatment program, provide the necessary medical attention and supervision to offer a safe and effective detox process.
The detoxification process may also involve medications, such as buprenorphine or methadone, to keep patients comfortable.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment programs are generally a part of an intensive treatment program. These types of addiction treatment programs can also commonly include a heavy schedule of recovery therapies and classes.
Residential rehab works to address all issues that occur alongside addiction, which may make recovery more challenging. For this reason, many inpatient programs include detox, mental health treatment, dual diagnosis treatment, and other specialized care.
Outpatient Treatment For Drug And Alcohol Addiction
Programs such as outpatient treatment typically afford many of the same benefits as residential drug rehab, minus the ability to offer around-the-clock supervision, or provide 24/7 medical support for detox.
In these cases, residential treatment and inpatient programs are strongly encouraged, however, outpatient programs do offer intensive treatment program options. These include partial hospitalization programs and intensive outpatient treatment.
Sober Living Rehab Facilities
Those on the road to recovery who begin with an inpatient or residential treatment program will either move on to an outpatient treatment program first or go straight into a sober living or transitional facility.
Sober housing options are a safe way for people to get back to their lives while living in a supportive, supervised, and recovery-focused environment.
Aftercare Recovery Programs
Sober living and transitional housing facilities are commonly used as a part of a continuing care program, typically as a transition from inpatient or outpatient treatment programs. Good aftercare and continuing care programs will also often extend well beyond leaving sober living facilities to help those in recovery stay on track.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Newark, New Jersey
When you need help for alcohol or drug abuse, or if you know someone with a substance use disorder, get the help you need at Spring Hill Recovery Center.
At Spring Hill, we offer treatment for residents throughout New England, including those in the state of New Jersey, such as Newark and surrounding areas.
If you’re worried about traveling for substance abuse treatment, it’s important to consider that getting away from drug abuse triggers may help you reach long-lasting recovery results.
When you call our helpline, we can provide a number of helpful services for the admissions process, including helping you figure out travel arrangements to get to our rehab center, which is just a few hours from Newark by car.
Learn more about the inpatient and outpatient recovery programs at Spring Hill by contacting us today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- State of New Jersey Human Services Department—Substance Abuse Overview 2018 Essex County https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dmhas/publications/statistical/Substance%20Abuse%20Overview/2018/Ess.pdf
- State of New Jersey Human Services Department: ReachNJ https://reachnj.gov/
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)—DEA 360 STRATEGY REACH AND IMPACT REPORT: NEWARK https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2020-01/DEA%20360%20Strategy%20Newark%20Report%20%28Final-508%29.pdf