Paterson, NJ Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Paterson Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Drug Rehab Center
- Drug And Alcohol Detox
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living
- Aftercare And Continuing Care
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Paterson, New Jersey, residents with substance use disorders can access treatment at rehab centers in their surrounding area. These alcohol and drug treatment centers offer a range of rehab programs, from inpatient treatment to outpatient services, detox, and more.
Sobriety is real and addiction recovery is possible, but so are the dangers substance use disorders. People with drug or alcohol addiction may experience health side effects, financial problems, effects on relationships, and other issues.
Fortunately, New Jersey is in an area of Greater New England that is home to a number of alcohol and drug rehab centers. Substance abuse treatment facilities provide rehab programs that treat drug and alcohol abuse and teach people ways to manage addiction long-term.
Paterson, New Jersey Drug And Alcohol Abuse
In the last few years, the number of overdose deaths in New Jersey has risen sharply, with nearly 2,900 deaths in 2018. An estimated 90 percent of those deaths were opioid-related. These numbers reveal two important facts: the need for help and the reality of how serious alcohol or drug addiction is when left untreated.
While Paterson continues to be the largest city in Passaic County, it also continues to be the most heavily impacted city based on Passaic County’s treatment admissions reports.
Paterson City’s admission rate for people seeking addiction treatment was five times higher than the next nearest city. Good alcohol and drug treatment give people with substance use disorders a fighting chance at entering long-term recovery.
Paterson Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The beautiful city of Paterson has also ramped up efforts to help those with substance abuse issues. One such example of those efforts is Paterson’s Prevention Program.
This group joins the leaders from education, local government, law enforcement agencies, the business community, and more in a non-partisan and non-profit organization committed to helping fight substance use disorders and their devastating effects.
Addiction treatment centers are playing a key role in helping those with alcohol and drug abuse issues to find recovery and to take back control of their lives.
Many of the common types of treatment services include help and treatment for:
Finding the right alcohol and drug rehab means finding treatment programs for the type of addiction being fought, but it also means finding a quality drug rehab facility, too.
Selecting A Drug Rehab Center
When choosing a drug rehab center, there are several other considerations beyond the types of addiction treatment offered.
These are a few important aspects of treatment that can help those seeking treatment to find a quality drug or alcohol treatment center:
- a personalized treatment program: successful alcohol and drug treatment is often based on individualized treatment plans. No two people are the same and that means no two substance use disorders are the same either.
- variety of therapies and treatments offered: Another common trait of successful treatment plans is the variety and options available for treatment. Most treatment programs use a combination of different therapies and treatments to help those seeking recovery.
- experience in treating your type of addiction: While rehab centers may often treat a variety of substance use disorders, most treatment facilities have experience dealing with certain types of addiction.
- relapse prevention planning: The goal of rehab isn’t only recovery, but a life of sobriety. Relapse prevention planning, especially in the earliest stages of sobriety, is essential to recovery that lasts.
- family involvement level: Families are commonly the primary support network for the person with addiction. Recovery programs that include family involvement can play an important role on the road to recovery.
Rehab Centers Near Paterson, New Jersey
It is important to find a rehab program that can help with a specific type of substance use disorder, and it is also important to find the right kind of drug rehab center.
These are a few of the most common types of substance abuse treatment centers:
Drug And Alcohol Detox
Detox programs are the first step of addiction recovery for many people with chemical dependencies. A detoxification program can provide the necessary medical care and often 24/7 supervision by treatment professionals.
When patients need it, medication can also be provided during detox to ease the pain of withdrawal symptoms. Such medications vary by rehab center, but may include methadone, buprenorphine, or naltrexone.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Residential treatment centers or inpatient treatment facilities are typical options for those needing intensive recovery services. In many cases, these facilities also use medication-assisted treatment (MAT) as part of their recovery programs, a treatment option for those with opioid use disorders or alcohol addiction.
Mental health treatment may also be included for those with a dual diagnosis, or an alcohol or drug addiction along with a mental health disorder.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Drug and alcohol rehab centers that offer outpatient treatment services are good options for those who need addiction treatment but have work schedules, responsibilities, and family obligations.
Outpatient programs can generally offer many or most of the same addiction services as inpatient treatment programs, on a less intensive scale.
Many people who are coming from a residential treatment program and who are still early in their recovery will benefit from sober living and transitional facilities.
These recovery housing options provide people recovering from substance use disorders a chance to begin a life of sobriety while living in a supportive and sobriety-centered environment.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
What happens after people leave a residential treatment program or outpatient treatment program, or a sober living facility?
Recovery means a lifetime of sobriety, and aftercare and continuing care programs play an important part in a lasting recovery. These will vary by the rehab center, but can include 12-step support groups, outpatient services, therapy sessions, and other recovery programs.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Paterson, New Jersey
Are you or a loved one facing a substance use disorder? The first step is getting help, and that’s why we are here.
At Spring Hill Recovery Center, we offer treatment for residents throughout the state of New Jersey and the greater northeastern United States, including those from Paterson and surrounding areas.
Our inpatient treatment center is located less than four hours from Paterson by car, and our treatment specialists can help you plan for travel to our rehab center. We can also explain why it may benefit you to get away from your usual environment for treatment, perform an initial drug or alcohol evaluation, and other services.
Learn more about how we can help you find effective substance abuse treatment or about Spring Hill’s treatment programs by contacting our helpline today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—New Jersey: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/new-jersey-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Paterson, New Jersey—Prevention Program https://www.patersonnj.gov/department/division.php?structureid=90
- State of New Jersey Department of Health—Substance Abuse Overview 2017 Passaic County https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dmhas/publications/statistical/Substance%20Abuse%20Overview/2017/Pas.pdf