Buffalo, NY Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Buffalo Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Drug Rehab Center
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
A variety of alcohol and drug rehab centers are located in and around the city of Buffalo, New York. These treatment centers offer inpatient treatment, residential treatment, outpatient treatment, and a number of other rehab services to those struggling with addiction.
Buffalo is the second-largest city in the state of New York. The city, home to 1.2 million residents, has recently seen increases in drug and alcohol addiction, drug overdoses, and crime due to substance abuse. Officials within the city of Buffalo are taking strides to make substance abuse treatment available to area residents.
Drug and alcohol rehab centers near the city of Buffalo and greater Erie County offer a variety of inpatient drug rehab, outpatient treatment, and aftercare treatment options to suit each recovering individual’s specific needs.
Buffalo, New York Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The opioid epidemic has been a major issue facing the city of Buffalo, New York and surrounding areas. The emergency response department in Erie County responded to more than 800 opioid-related overdoses in just two years.
Societal issues related to alcohol and drug abuse in Buffalo include:
- Higher crime rates
- A rise in viral infections and other health issues
- Drug-related diagnoses among newborns
- Increased unemployment
- Damaged relationships
Alcohol and drug treatment centers in Buffalo help those struggling with addiction recover their lives.
Buffalo Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The state of New York greatly increased funding to fight the state’s opioid epidemic in 2017. Officials in Erie County have been doing their part to combat the area’s opiate crisis as well as other issues related to substance abuse.
Steps being taken to combat substance use disorders in Buffalo include:
- Hosting contaminated needle exchanges to reduce the spread of disease
- Creating access sites for drug addiction treatment medication
- Intervention services available at public health centers
- Increased access to addiction centers
Buffalo addiction treatment centers offer a variety of inpatient rehab and outpatient programs to suit each individual person’s needs.
Selecting A Drug Rehab Center
Locating an alcohol and drug treatment facility near Buffalo, New York can be intimidating.
To ease this process, ensure you select a rehab center that offers some important components to effective behavioral health treatment, such as:
- Accreditation: Adheres to a certain set of standards regarding the quality of services and care.
- Evidence-based treatment: Provides therapies that have been proven to promote recovery and reduce the chance of relapse.
- Individualized treatment: Creates a personalized treatment plan to serve your or your loved one’s specific needs
- 24-hour care: Ensures your safety and comfort throughout the detox process
- Detox programs: Offers medical care and support during withdrawal symptoms
- Aftercare programs: Allows you to seek help after treatment, leading to long-term recovery
- Family involvement: Fosters a strong recovery support system
- Relapse prevention planning: Helps ensure you are ready for relapse if and when it occurs
- Mental health treatment services: since many drug addictions occur alongside mental health disorders
Rehab Centers Near Buffalo, New York
Drug and alcohol rehab centers in Buffalo, Erie County, and nearby areas offer a variety of addiction treatment programs. However, substance abuse treatment programs can vary from one rehab center to another. The following are the most common types of treatment you’ll find when researching addiction treatment centers.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Buffalo, New York drug and alcohol detox centers offer a safe environment to undergo detoxification with available 24-hour medical care.
The medical staff may use trusted medications, such as methadone, to manage withdrawal symptoms in those with chemical dependency and ease the resident off the substance of abuse. Medical detox is one of the first steps to recovery.
New York Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment programs, also known as residential treatment programs, include housing on the treatment center’s campus.
Inpatient treatment often includes the following:
- A personalized treatment plan
- 24-hour access to medical and behavioral support
- Individual and group therapy sessions
- Recreational activities
- 12-step meetings
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment often allows a more flexible schedule, so patients can continue pursuing their education, working, and fulfilling other obligations. This level of treatment typically comes after completing an inpatient rehab program.
Sober Living And Transitional Facilities
A variety of sober living and transitional facilities are available near Buffalo for those who have completed an inpatient and/or intensive outpatient treatment program at a rehab center.
These transitional rehab facilities offer a supportive, drug-and-alcohol-free living environment for those who may not have another supportive housing opportunity.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
The process of recovery is one that may continue for the remainder of the recovering individual’s life. Aftercare and continuing care programs help connect recovering individuals with a number of addiction support group networks and community-based resources. These programs, like relapse prevention counseling and the 12-step program, help promote long-term recovery.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Buffalo, New York
Addiction is holding you back from reaching your true potential, and Spring Hill Recovery Center is here to help you find a happier, healthier life in recovery.
The Spring Hill treatment facility is located just seven hours from Buffalo, in Ashby, Massachusetts, surrounded by natural beauty. This accredited drug and alcohol rehab center offers evidence-based treatment services in inpatient or outpatient treatment settings.
Our patient-centered approach to treatment provides the assistance you or your loved one needs to achieve long-term recovery.
If you’re looking for a substance abuse program in Buffalo or elsewhere in western New York, don’t hesitate to reach out for help from nearby trusted treatment specialists.
Find out more about alcohol and drug treatment services at Spring Hill Recovery Center, and how we can help you begin your recovery, by calling us today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Health.Ny.gov—Opioid-related Data in New York State https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/opioid/
- Erie.gov—Erie County Department Of Health Announces Trend In Fentanyl-Related Overdose Deaths https://www2.erie.gov/health/index.php?q=press/erie-county-department-health-announces-trend-fentanyl-related-overdose-deaths