Islip, NY Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers
- Islip Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Quality Rehab Center
- Drug Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Drug and alcohol addiction is best treated by professionals in an accredited rehab center. Residents in Islip and surrounding areas have access to inpatient rehab centers. These treatment centers offer residential treatment, outpatient services, detox programs, and more to help patients find lasting recovery.
Substance abuse involves using alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescription drugs in a manner that is harmful to oneself or others. Addiction is a disease in which the person using such substances is unable to stop, even if he or she knows the substance is causing harm.
Drug and alcohol rehab centers near Islip help those facing substance abuse or addiction through the process of recovery. Each recovery program is based on the individual’s needs and may involve inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, or a variety of other addiction treatment programs.
Islip, New York Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Islip is located in Suffolk County on the South Shore of Long Island, with a population of about 330,000. The city, like the entire state of New York, has been facing an opioid epidemic for years. In 2018, officials in Suffolk County unveiled a new treatment-based CARE justice program to promote addiction treatment for low-level drug offenders.
Islip and its surrounding areas also offer a wide range of treatment options for citizens within Islip and beyond.
Islip Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Suffolk County has been working to combat the opioid epidemic and other substance abuse issues for years.
The state of New York, Suffolk County, and the city of Islip has implemented a number of substance abuse prevention efforts, including:
- creating the treatment-based CARE justice program
- providing medication drop boxes for properly disposing of opioids
- providing training on addiction, substance abuse treatment, and more for health care providers
- coordinating community programs for opiate abuse prevention
- providing resources on the opioid epidemic
Selecting A Quality Rehab Center
Choosing a rehab center to best serve your or your loved one’s needs is one of the most difficult parts of beginning the recovery process.
Consider choosing a drug and alcohol rehab center that offers the following criteria:
- evidence-based treatment: the center uses treatment methods that have been proven to help those struggling with addiction achieve long-term recovery
- individualized treatment approach: the center tailors its treatment approach to your particular needs
- accreditation: the center has proven it meets certain quality standards and has been recognized for this
- around-the-clock inpatient care: many newly in treatment need medical supervision
- detox programs available: drug and alcohol detox is an important first step for people with addictions to severe substances, such as alcohol, opioids, and certain prescription drugs
- aftercare programs: aftercare is highly important since inpatient treatment is often only the beginning of recovery
- family involvement: having a strong support system at home for early recovery is as important as having professional support and care during treatment
Rehab Centers Near Islip, New York
The many alcohol and drug rehab centers across Islip and surrounding areas may offer different types of treatment. Additionally, addiction treatment programs vary from person to person based on their specific needs and where they are in the treatment process and their own recovery journey.
The following are some of the most common types of treatment for addiction.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Detox is the first step in the recovery process. Alcohol and drug detox centers offer around-the-clock monitoring and medical support to help patients detox safely from addictive substances, like alcohol, heroin, or synthetic opioids. Detoxification leads the patient into a residential treatment program.
Inpatient Drug Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment programs, or residential treatment programs, involve the patient living on-site at the rehab center. This gives the patient 24-hour access to behavioral and medical support.
Inpatient drug rehab programs typically offer additional therapies and positive activities to those struggling with addiction. These can be in the form of individual therapy, group therapy, recreation, and more.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment programs are typically recommended once a recovering individual has completed an inpatient treatment program. Several types of outpatient treatment services are available near Islip, varying from partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs to standard outpatient services.
Outpatient treatment allows recovering individuals to continue some aspects of daily life, such as attending school, working, or caring for children while continuing the path to recovery.
Sober Living Facilities
A variety of sober living and transitional facilities are available to recovering New Yorkers in Islip. These facilities provide a clean, safe haven for those who may not have another supportive housing option.
Sober living options allow recovering individuals to return to normal routines. Transitional facilities are typically available after the person has completed an inpatient and/or intensive outpatient treatment program.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Aftercare and continuing care programs are what keep the recovering individual on track once they’ve completed other treatment options.
These can be in the form of continuing therapy sessions, addiction support group networks, or community-based resources. Aftercare can continue for as long as is needed for the recovering individual to remain sober.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Islip, New York
The addiction treatment experts at Spring Hill Recovery Center are ready to help you or your loved one recover from addiction to drugs or alcohol.
Our inpatient rehab center is located just four hours north of Islip, New York, in scenic Ashby, Massachusetts. It’s an accredited alcohol and drug treatment center offering a patient-centered approach to recovery through a variety of treatment options.
We offer residential treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and more. The road to living a more fulfilling, addiction-free life begins here.
Find out more about our available addiction treatment programs by contacting Spring Hill Recovery Center online or via phone today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- CBS—Suffolk County Unveils Treatment-Based CARE Justice Program In Its War Against Opioids https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/08/13/opioid-crisis-long-island-suffolk-county-care-justice-program/
- Health.ny.gov—Opioid-related Data in New York State https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/opioid/