Long Island, NY Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Long Island Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing Treatment Center
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Aftercare Options
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Long Island residents struggling with addiction have access to a variety of drug and alcohol treatment centers. These rehab centers offer inpatient, residential, and outpatient recovery program options.
Long Island is a heavily populated island in southeastern New York. The island, like much of the state of New York, has been battling an opioid crisis, and all of the negative effects associated with it, for decades.
Addiction is a chronic disease as well as the most severe form of substance abuse. One of the only ways to combat addiction to opioids and other harmful drugs is to seek treatment at an accredited addiction treatment center. Fortunately, Long Island residents are within reach of quality drug and alcohol rehab facilities.
Long Island, New York Drug And Alcohol Abuse
One in 20 people in the United States is living with a substance use disorder. The state of New York has been battling substance use disorders, including opioid addiction, for years. In 2018, the state of New York experienced 2,991 overdose deaths involving opiates alone.
Roughly 20 percent of opioid overdose deaths in the state of New York occurred among Long Island residents in 2017.
In addition to opioids, Long Island residents are abusing a number of other substances, including:
- other prescription drugs
Long Island Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Officials and community residents in Long Island and the greater New York area have been battling substance abuse issues head-on. Efforts include programs like the Long Island Health Collaborative and the Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence.
The following are several preventative actions currently taking place:
- spreading awareness about drug and alcohol addiction and prevention to community members
- sharing data between affected communities and agencies
- developing alcohol and drug addiction treatment training for health care providers
- improving the prescription drug monitoring program
- providing resources for nearby substance abuse programs
Choosing A Quality Addiction Treatment Center Near Long Island
Long Island residents may have a difficult time choosing which addiction treatment center is best for them.
The following are a few key characteristics to look for in your search for an excellent drug and alcohol rehab:
- customized treatment plan: the treatment plan is tailored to your individual addiction and personal needs
- evidence-based treatment: treatment methods have been tested and proven effective in battling addiction
- alumni support: the treatment facility provides an aftercare plan to help you continue the journey to long-term recovery
- family engagement: family members are encouraged to take part in your recovery process
- 24-hour care: around-the-clock medical and mental health support is available
Rehab Centers Near Long Island, New York
No two drug and alcohol rehab centers are identical. However, many accredited rehab facilities offer similar, evidence-based rehab programs and treatment services to recovering individuals. The following are programs you can expect to find at an excellent drug rehab center.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Programs
Detox is one of the first and most important treatment phases on the path to recovery for those with a chemical dependency.
A drug and alcohol detox center will offer 24-hour medical and behavioral support to assist you through the stages of detoxification and withdrawal. Most recovering individuals must undergo detox before entering a residential treatment program.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment, also known as residential treatment, includes onsite housing at the drug rehab center. This means the recovering individual receives 24-hour access to behavioral and medical staff.
Inpatient drug rehab typically involves a variety of treatment programs, including therapy, fitness programs, outdoor activities, counseling, and more. All of the alcohol and drug abuse treatment methods used are geared toward healing the mind and body for long-term recovery.
Outpatient Treatment For Substance Abuse
Outpatient programs can vary in intensity from traditional outpatient treatment to partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment. The outpatient services chosen depends on the recovering individual’s needs as well as where they are in the recovery process.
Outpatient treatment programs often offer the recovering individual more freedom, allowing them to attend school or work while undergoing treatment.
Sober Living Facilities
Transitional facilities, also known as sober living homes, provide safe accommodations for recovering individuals following treatment. These homes are typically available to recovering individuals who do not have another supportive accommodation option.
Sober living homes follow inpatient or outpatient treatment programs and provide a smooth transition into a normal daily routine.
The journey to recovery is a long one, and it doesn’t end when you complete outpatient or inpatient treatment. Aftercare, or continuing care, is how recovering individuals continue the path to long-term recovery outside of the rehab center.
Examples of aftercare programs include:
- 12-step programs
- rehab center alumni programs
- addiction support group networks
- continued group therapy
- continued individual therapy
- relapse prevention programs
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Long Island, New York
The journey to recovery begins now. Spring Hill Recovery Center offers evidence-based recovery programs in a tranquil setting designed to promote mental and physical healing.
Spring Hill Recovery Center is located just four hours north of Long Island, New York in beautiful Ashby, Massachusetts. The treatment center is surrounded by 70 acres of woodland for recovering individuals to enjoy a variety of therapy options, including nature walks, hiking, and more.
Despite our Massachusetts location, we can serve residents from all over the greater New York area, including those in:
- Suffolk County
- Hampton Bays
- New Jersey
Our addiction services are geared toward helping you or your loved one heal and pursue a fulfilling life free from alcohol and drug addiction. Call our helpline today to find out more about our personalized treatment plans.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Drugabuse.gov—New York: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/new-york-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Health.ny.gov—Addressing the Opioid Epidemic in New York State https://health.ny.gov/community/opioid_epidemic/
- NYC.gov—Health Department Announces Drug Overdose Deaths Decreased in 2018 for the First Time in Eight Years Following Historic Investments https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/about/press/pr2019/drug-overdose-deaths-decreased-in-2018-for-first-time-in-eight-years.page