Queens, NY Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Queens Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Drug Rehab Center
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living
- Aftercare Recovery Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Locating an alcohol and drug treatment center to suit your or your loved one’s needs is the first step on the path to recovery. A variety of accredited drug and alcohol rehab centers are available to residents of Queens, New York.
New York City has been battling a historic opioid epidemic for decades. Queens, similar to the rest of the five boroughs, has been experiencing the negative effects of the opioid epidemic and other substance abuse issues.
Addiction is the most severe form of substance abuse, and it can cause harm to the addicted individual as well as the community surrounding them. Addiction treatment is one of the only proven ways to combat the disease, and Queens residents have a variety of quality drug and alcohol rehab centers within reach.
Queens, New York Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The borough of Queens has not been spared from New York City’s opioid epidemic and other issues related to drug abuse. Of the 1,444 unintentional overdose deaths within the city in 2018, 215 occurred in Queens.
Addiction and other substance abuse issues have caused a number of community problems in Queens.
Common societal issues associated with substance use disorders include:
- poor health and increased health expenses
- increased crime
- reduced quality of life for addicted individuals and those around them
- increased unemployment
- relationship problems
Treatment at an accredited addiction treatment center is the best way for an individual suffering from drug or alcohol addiction to achieve long-term recovery.
Queens Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Queens Village and greater New York City officials haven’t been sitting idly by while the opioid epidemic takes its toll. The city has implemented a number of prevention methods to educate affected communities on the harmful effects of drug addiction, prevention, and what to do if an overdose occurs.
The following are preventative measures currently being taken in Queens and beyond:
- targeted education on overdose prevention and intervention
- distribution of 230,00 naloxone kits across the city
- increased funding to syringe service programs
- increased naloxone training
- access to the free Stop OD NYC mobile application
Selecting A Drug Rehab Center
Locating an excellent alcohol and drug treatment center near Queens may seem like a difficult task.
The following are several key components to look for when choosing a rehab center near Queens:
- customized treatment: the treatment approach is tailored to your individual addiction and needs
- evidence-based treatment: treatment methods have been proven effective in achieving long-term recovery
- relapse prevention planning: a number of resources are available to support the recovering individual following inpatient or outpatient treatment
- 24-hour care: around-the-clock medical and mental health support is available
- detox programs available: the treatment center offers programs and medication-assisted treatment for those detoxing from addictive substances
Rehab Centers Near Queens, New York
The substance abuse treatment programs available can vary from one drug rehab center to another. However, most accredited addiction treatment facilities offer a number of the same rehab programs and addiction treatment services to recovering individuals.
Alcohol And Drug Detox
Drug and alcohol detox is one of the first steps on the path to recovery, and it paves the way to entering an inpatient or intensive outpatient treatment program.
A qualified detoxification center offers 24-hour access to medical and behavioral support for those with chemical dependency, as well as medication-assisted treatment for withdrawal symptoms as needed.
Inpatient Alcohol And Drug Treatment
Inpatient treatment programs involve the recovering individual spending 24 hours a day at the drug rehab center.
Inpatient treatment, also known as residential treatment, involves the creation of a unique treatment plan to suit the recovering individual’s needs. This plan may include behavioral therapy, outdoor activities, and more. Residential treatment programs can occur on a short-term or long-term basis, depending on individual needs.
Outpatient Treatment For Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Outpatient treatment programs typically follow residential treatment, and they can vary in length and intensity. Common types of outpatient programs include traditional outpatient treatment, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient treatment.
Outpatient services are often a gateway into a more traditional daily routine. Those undergoing outpatient treatment may be able to attend school, work, or care for loved ones while completing the program.
Sober Living And Transitional Living Facilities
Sober living homes, or transitional facilities, offer safe, drug-free accommodations for those exiting inpatient or outpatient treatment programs. These individuals typically do not have a supportive home to which they can return following treatment.
Transitional facilities help recovering individuals adapt to traditional daily life with a reliable support system always within reach.
Aftercare Recovery Programs
The path to recovery is one that never ends. That’s why aftercare, or continuing care, programs are so important. Aftercare plans are developed to help patients continue active recovery following inpatient or outpatient treatment.
Common types of aftercare include:
- rehab center alumni support
- addiction support group networks outside of the rehab center
- group therapy
- individual therapy
- 12-step programs
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Queens, New York
Your path to recovery and a more fulfilling life begins here. Spring Hill Recovery Center offers evidence-based addiction treatment programs that are customized to suit you and your substance use disorder.
Our accredited drug and alcohol rehab is located 3.5 hours from Queens, New York by car, in a tranquil woodland setting that promotes healing of the mind and body. As recovering individuals advance through our rehab programs, they gain access to the natural beauty and multitude of possible adventures surrounding the treatment center.
Our addiction experts at Spring Hill Recovery Center are eager to help you begin your journey to recovery today. Call our helpline now for more information about our addiction treatment programs.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Drugabuse.gov—New York: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/new-york-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Health.ny.gov—Addressing the Opioid Epidemic in New York State https://health.ny.gov/community/opioid_epidemic/
- NYC.gov—Health Department Announces Drug Overdose Deaths Decreased in 2018 for the First Time in Eight Years Following Historic Investments https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/about/press/pr2019/drug-overdose-deaths-decreased-in-2018-for-first-time-in-eight-years.page