Smithfield, RI Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
Those who live in Smithfield, Rhode Island can find addiction treatment nearby. Rehab centers in the area offer a variety of treatment programs including detox, inpatient, outpatient, medication-assisted treatment, and more.
Smithfield, Rhode Island is a historic village in Providence County. It’s home to the esteemed Bryant University and roughly 21,000 residents. Unfortunately, the town of Smithfield, and the entire state of Rhode Island, has been battling the opioid epidemic and other substance abuse issues for years.
Addiction is a recurring mental health disorder, which can be life-threatening if not treated. Residents of Smithfield are fortunate to live just a short distance from some of the top drug rehab facilities in the country.
What To Look For In A Smithfield Rehab Center
Many of the country’s top alcohol and drug treatment centers offer similar addiction treatment programs that have been proven effective in fighting alcohol and drug abuse.
The following are a few treatment options to look for when choosing a rehab facility for yourself or a loved one:
- detox programs: detox is an essential part of the addiction treatment process, and a quality drug and alcohol rehab center will offer a number of detox services, including medical detox when needed.
- inpatient treatment programs: residential treatment is offered at most accredited rehab facilities. Residential programs offer a variety of therapies and tools to combat addiction.
- outpatient treatment programs: outpatient programs may involve traditional outpatient services or more in-depth outpatient treatment, such as partial hospitalization programs (PHP) and intensive outpatient programs (IOP).
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT): a quality treatment center will offer medication-assisted treatment to aid the recovery process.
- dual diagnosis treatment: an addiction treatment center should be able to treat co-occurring disorders and provide mental health services when needed.
- extended care: continuing care, or aftercare, following a stay in a rehab center, is essential to the long-term recovery process.
Drug And Alcohol Detox
Detoxification is often the first step on the path to addiction recovery. A quality rehab center will provide around-the-clock alcohol and drug detox services, including medical detox as needed.
Smithfield Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment involves moving into an addiction center for a period of time. Inpatient programs may involve multiple types of therapy, educational programs, outdoor activities, and more.
Smithfield Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient services can vary greatly in intensity. Common outpatient programs include partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) may be required to aid the recovery process. Common MAT medications include Suboxone, naltrexone, methadone, and buprenorphine.
Get Help For Substance Abuse In Smithfield, Rhode Island
One of the best ways to treat addiction is at an accredited drug and alcohol rehab facility. Smithfield residents are fortunate to live a short distance from Spring Hill Recovery Center.
This rehab facility is known for using the top evidence-based treatment methods to combat addiction and help residents achieve long-term recovery. Contact Spring Hill Recovery Center to find out more today.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Drug Misuse and Addiction https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugs-brains-behavior-science-addiction/drug-misuse-addiction
- Town of Smithfield Rhode Island — Homepage https://www.smithfieldri.com/
- State of Rhode Island Dept of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals — Substance Use Disorder Services and Prevention Information https://bhddh.ri.gov/substance_use/index.php