Westerly, RI Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
Addiction centers near Westerly, Rhode Island offer substance abuse treatment for people facing drug and alcohol abuse issues. Treatment options may include inpatient, residential, and drug and alcohol detox programs.
Westerly, Rhode Island is a seaside town on the state’s southern shoreline. The charming town is home to roughly 23,000 residents and sees an influx of tourists in the summer months. Despite its picturesque location, Westerly is currently battling the opioid epidemic like so many other cities across the country.
Addiction is a chronic disease that can cause major health issues or even be life-threatening if left untreated. Thankfully, residents of Westerly have access to numerous top-quality drug rehab facilities.
What To Look For In A Westerly Rehab Center
Choosing a rehab center for yourself or your loved one can be a difficult task. However, most quality addiction treatment centers feature a number of similar characteristics and programs.
The following are a few treatment services to look for when choosing an alcohol and drug treatment center:
- detoxification: drug detox typically requires 24-hour monitoring in a quality detoxification center
- inpatient treatment programs: residential treatment programs are some of the most effective ways to treat alcohol and drug addiction and will be offered by most accredited drug rehab centers
- outpatient treatment programs: Partial hospitalization programs (PHP), intensive outpatient programs, and traditional outpatient treatment are offered by most top drug and alcohol rehab centers
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT): medication-assisted treatment should be offered to help combat addiction when needed
- mental health treatment/dual diagnosis treatment: quality treatment centers are able to treat co-occurring disorders at the same time, such as substance abuse, mental health disorders, and more
- aftercare: excellent drug rehab centers offer a number of continuing care programs to keep you on the path to recovery long after leaving
Alcohol And Drug Detox
Detoxification is one of the first and most difficult parts of the addiction treatment process. Many drug and alcohol rehab centers will offer medical detox, which involves using certain medications to offset the uncomfortable side effects associated with withdrawal.
Westerly Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient drug rehab programs near Westerly typically involve moving onto the residential rehab campus. These inpatient programs include a variety of treatment methods, such as multiple therapies, fitness programs, and more to help the mind and body recover from addiction.
Westerly Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient services are more flexible than inpatient drug rehab but can vary greatly in duration and intensity. Examples of outpatient services include intensive outpatient programs, partial hospitalization programs, and more.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is often needed to help addicted individuals begin and continue the path to recovery. Common MAT medications include buprenorphine (Suboxone) and methadone.
Learn About Addiction Treatment Options In Westerly
Westerly, Rhode Island residents live a short distance from a high-quality addiction treatment center. The addiction experts at Spring Hill Recovery Center use a variety of evidence-based treatment methods to heal the body and mind from the harmful effects of addiction. Contact Spring Hill today to find out more about our addiction treatment programs.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Drug Misuse and Addiction https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugs-brains-behavior-science-addiction/drug-misuse-addiction
- State of Rhode Island Dept of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals — Substance Use Disorder Services and Prevention Information https://bhddh.ri.gov/substance_use/index.php
- Westerly, Rhode Island — Homepage https://westerlyri.gov/