Methamphetamine Addiction Treatment
Our team at Spring Hill Recovery Center provides methamphetamine addiction treatment in Ashby, MA.
Methamphetamine Effect on Body & Health
Because methamphetamine can be swallowed, snorted, smoked, or injected, each method has short and long-term effects on multiple parts of your body, including:
- Mental – Increased wakefulness, anxiety, confusion, violent behavior, paranoia, hallucinations, delusions
- Gastric System – Loss of appetite, weight loss
- Respiratory System – Increase breathing
- Circulatory System – Increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, the potential for HIV, hepatitis, and other infectious diseases when injected
- Physical appearance – Severe dental problems, severe itching leading to sores
Methamphetamine masks the effects of alcohol which increases the chances of overdose.
Methamphetamine Treatment Overview
Our treatment teams use evidence-based treatment, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Motivational incentives
- 12-Step programs
Medical detox in Methamphetamine Recovery
Methamphetamine withdrawal side effects start within a few hours after your last dose. The severity of your side effects is dependent on multiple factors, including:
- Length and amount of methamphetamine consumed
- Medical history
- Co-occurring disorders
- Family history
- Past and current Trauma
During this first 1 to 3 days of detox, most patients will experience mild to moderate symptoms, including:
- Suicidal thoughts
The second stage of withdrawal usually occurs in 4 to 7 days. Some patients will experience moderate to severe symptoms, including:
- Physical aches and pains
- Increased cravings
- Increased appetite
- Mood swings
After about a week, evidence-based treatment is the best way to maintain your recovery.
There are currently no FDA approved medical interventions for methamphetamine withdrawal.
Why Professional Methamphetamine Addiction Treatment is Important
The symptoms of methamphetamine withdrawal may dissipate quickly but post-acute withdrawal symptoms (PAWS) and cravings can last for months. Our treatment team is here to support you through proven treatment methods.
Our clinically proven treatments are designed to help you with protracted withdrawal, the emotional symptoms, and cravings you experience once the physical symptoms of withdrawal from detox recede.
Let us know how we can be of service. Call us today.