Fitchburg, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
Thousands of Massachusetts residents seek treatment for substance abuse each year, including residents from Fitchburg. Learn more about the types of addiction treatment programs and how to choose the best rehab center for yourself or a loved one.
Drug addiction is a life-threatening disease that occurs through the repeated misuse of substances like alcohol, opioids, heroin, and other drugs. Developing an addiction to drugs can have harmful effects on all areas of a person’s life, including physical and psychological health.
Rehab centers in Fitchburg, MA and surrounding areas offer inpatient rehab, residential rehab, and outpatient treatment options to help residents overcome drug and alcohol addiction.
Fitchburg drug and alcohol treatment can provide residents with the professional support needed to conquer addiction and begin recovery.
Fitchburg, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Drug and alcohol addiction in Fitchburg, Massachusetts is a serious issue that can be exacerbated by issues such as job insecurity, poverty, and co-occurring mental illness. Massachusetts is one of the top 10 states nationally for drug overdose deaths—88 percent of which involve opioids like fentanyl.
Common substances of abuse in Massachusetts include:
- synthetic opioids (e.g. fentanyl)
- prescription opioids (e.g. Oxycontin, hydrocodone)
- other prescription sedatives
In 2019, over 80,000 Massachusetts residents sought substance abuse treatment, but more still do not seek help.
Importance Of Finding Treatment
Drug and alcohol addiction can have damaging effects on a person’s health and livelihood. The repeated misuse of drugs or alcohol can also cause physical dependence in the body, making it difficult for a person to stop using substances without experiencing uncomfortable symptoms of withdrawal.
Drug and alcohol rehab can help people halt the cycle of repeated substance misuse and address the underlying drivers of their addiction. Treatment for drug and alcohol abuse can come in many forms: inpatient programs, residential rehab, and outpatient treatment options.
Fitchburg rehab centers may offer payment plans, drug and alcohol evaluations, and other resources to help residents overcome common barriers to entering treatment. Addiction treatment can provide residents with the skills and tools to conquer addiction and build a happier and healthier future.
Fitchburg, MA Drug And Alcohol Treatment
From 2010 to 2014, Fitchburg, Massachusetts treatment admissions for substance abuse and addiction increased 15.4 percent. The primary substance of abuse among people who sought treatment was heroin.
Massachusetts is one of the epicenters of the U.S. opioid crisis. To combat the state’s opioid crisis and other forms of substance abuse, city and state health departments have implemented several prevention and harm-reduction efforts.
In Fitchburg, Massachusetts, substance abuse prevention efforts include:
- expanding educational outreach in local communities to increase awareness about substance abuse resources and combat stigma
- grant-funded programs focused on implementing opioid overdose prevention strategies and educational programs
- creating safe disposal sites for sharps (e.g. needles) and unused medications
Rehab centers in Fitchburg and across the state offer a range of treatment programs to expand access to a full continuum of care, from drug and alcohol detox to residential and outpatient treatment.
How To Choose A Rehab Center
Choosing a rehab center for yourself or a loved one can be an intimidating process. Addiction does not look the same for everyone, and neither does recovery. To find the most suitable rehab center, there are several factors to consider.
When searching for Massachusetts drug and alcohol rehab, consider looking for a rehab center that offers the following:
- personalized treatment approach: treatment for drug and alcohol abuse can be most effective when it’s custom-fit to meet a person’s needs
- evidence-based treatment: evidence-based treatment approaches, like medication-assisted treatment (MAT), are shown to lead to better recovery outcomes
- supportive environment: having 24-hour access to behavioral support staff and a peaceful treatment environment can be beneficial during the healing process
- relapse prevention planning: the best rehab centers will offer treatment programming to help patients avoid relapse and maintain long-term recovery
Rehab Centers In Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Massachusetts is home to a wide range of rehab centers, including those in Fitchburg, to help residents overcome addiction to opioids, alcohol, and other drugs. The types of treatment services offered will depend on the rehab center you choose.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Centers
The first step towards breaking the cycle of addiction is to detox from the substance of abuse. Fitchburg drug and alcohol detox centers can help people safely detox from their substance of abuse under the supervision of professional support staff.
Massachusetts Inpatient Rehab Programs
Massachusetts inpatient rehab programs are recommended for individuals who require 24-hour medical and behavioral support as they seek to overcome addiction.
Fitchburg, Massachusetts inpatient rehab programs offer a structured schedule of treatment services to help residents overcome the physical, mental, and psychological effects of addiction. Inpatient rehab programs may offer individual counseling, group therapy, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), holistic therapies, and more.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment for addiction is a less-intensive type of treatment program that can be suitable for residents who don’t require round-the-clock support. The format of Fitchburg outpatient treatment programs varies depending on the rehab center.
Standard outpatient treatment may involve weekly counseling appointments, group therapy, and medication-assisted treatment such as Suboxone therapy or methadone maintenance therapy.
More intensive forms of outpatient treatment include intensive outpatient treatment and partial hospitalization programs. This involves attending treatment in a Fitchburg, Massachusetts rehab center for several hours a day, up to five days a week.
Sober Living And Transitional Facilities
Transitional support services such as sober living and Recovery Homes in Fitchburg, Massachusetts offer a safe and structured living environment to support the addiction recovery process of residents.
Sober living options may be helpful for people who don’t have a supportive home environment or could otherwise benefit from additional support as they transition from an inpatient or residential rehab program.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Recovering from addiction is a long-term process. When choosing drug and alcohol treatment, look for a rehab center that offers aftercare planning and continuing care services. Access to a continuum of care can be beneficial for maintaining long-term recovery.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Fitchburg, Massachusetts
If you’re seeking addiction treatment in Fitchburg or surrounding areas, Spring Hill Recovery may be right for you.
Spring Hill Recovery is an accredited Massachusetts rehab center that offers residential and intensive outpatient treatment programs for residents seeking recovery from substance abuse and addiction. Our serene, secluded location in Ashby offers a peaceful environment for residents to begin or maintain their sobriety.
Our personalized approach to treatment ensures that each patient is able to receive a treatment plan that is custom-fit to meet their physical, psychological, and financial needs.
Recovery is possible. For more information about our alcohol and drug rehab programs at Spring Hill Recovery Centers, call us today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- UMass Memorial HealthAlliance Hospital—Community Health Assessment of North Central Massachusetts https://www.umassmemorialhealthcare.org/sites/umass-memorial-hospital/files/Documents/Members/5-21-15%20Final%20Community_Health_Assessment_of_North_Central_MA.pdf
- City of Fitchburg—Massachusetts Opioid Abuse Prevention Collaborative (MOAPC) https://www.fitchburgma.gov/551/Opioids
- Mass.gov—Substance Addiction Data and Reports https://www.mass.gov/substance-addiction-data-and-reports
- Mass.gov—Substance Addiction Services Descriptions https://www.mass.gov/service-details/substance-addiction-services-descriptions
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)—Massachusetts Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/massachusetts-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)—Types of Treatment Programs https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs