Rhode Island Inpatient Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
Alcohol and drug abuse affects the lives of thousands of Rhode Island residents. Drug rehab centers in and near Rhode Island offer a range of inpatient rehab and outpatient treatment programs to help residents overcome drug addiction.
Thousands of Rhode Island residents are estimated to struggle with the misuse of alcohol, heroin, cocaine, and prescription medications. This includes teens, young adults, and older adults.
In addition, Rhode Island ranks eighth nationwide in opioid-involved overdose deaths, despite being the smallest state in the United States.
Drug rehab centers in Rhode Island and surrounding New England states provide a range of substance abuse treatment programs to help residents break the cycle of drug misuse and addiction. This includes inpatient rehab programs, outpatient services, and community-based support services.
If you’re a Rhode Island resident who’s looking for drug and alcohol treatment for yourself or a loved one, Spring Hill Recovery may be able to help.
Here you’ll find:
- Information about different types of Rhode Island substance abuse treatment programs
- Information about the scope of drug and alcohol addiction in Rhode Island
- What to look for in a drug treatment facility
- An overview of our accredited treatment center in nearby Ashby, Massachusetts
Rhode Island Substance Abuse And Addiction Treatment
Rhode Island is home to an array of drug and alcohol rehab centers. In addition, there are many more drug and alcohol treatment centers in neighboring states.
The types of addiction treatment programs offered in Rhode Island rehab centers may vary according to the facility.
Types of addiction rehab programs in Rhode Island treatment centers include:
- Alcohol and Drug Detox
- Inpatient Treatment
- Residential Rehab
- Partial Hospitalization/Day Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Standard Outpatient Treatment
Some Rhode Island rehab centers offer specialized treatment services for certain groups of people. This may include specialty treatment services for veterans, pregnant patients, and people with mental illness.
If you or someone you know is addicted to drugs (including alcohol), you’ll first need to look for detoxification services. Alcohol and drug detox programs in Rhode Island offer medical and behavioral support through the initial drug withdrawal process.
Many addiction treatment centers in and near Rhode Island coordinate with nearby detox centers or offer detox services on-site. This can help ease the transition into an inpatient or residential rehab program.
Conquering drug and alcohol addiction is not a quick or easy process. People who are struggling with addiction may require multiple levels of care over the course of weeks, months, or years.
Outpatient treatment for substance use disorders—which may involve individual counseling, group therapy, and psychiatric services—can extend longer than an inpatient program. The length of a treatment program may vary depending on individual needs and the rehab center.
Alcohol And Drug Abuse Rates In Rhode Island
Drug and alcohol abuse rates in Rhode Island generally exceed the national average, creating an urgent need for quality, affordable treatment across the state.
According to the Rhode Island Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals (BHDDH), Rhode Island exceeds the national average in rates of heroin misuse among young adults, drug overdose deaths, and rates of alcohol abuse and addiction.
Additional facts about the scope of substance abuse in Rhode Island:
- From 2012 to 2018, drug overdose deaths involving heroin rose from less than 50 deaths to over 200.
- Over 69,000 (or 7.7 percent) of Rhode Island residents over the age of 12 were dependent on or abused alcohol in 2014.
- Rhode Island has some of the highest rates of illicit drug misuse (e.g. cocaine, ecstasy) in the northeast, excluding marijuana use.
- From 2005 to 2015, treatment admission rates for methamphetamine and amphetamine abuse more than doubled in Rhode Island.
Resources And Prevention Efforts In Rhode Island
Despite an increased need for substance abuse treatment in Rhode Island, many residents still struggle to access quality, affordable treatment.
Rhode Island’s lead agency for substance use prevention, the RI Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospital (BHDDH) has developed a strategic plan to address drug and alcohol misuse across the state.
Within this strategic plan, substance abuse prevention efforts include:
- supporting greater collaboration between behavioral health providers, drug abuse coalitions, Regional Prevention Task Forces, and community stakeholders across the state
- increasing the capacity of Rhode Island’s substance abuse prevention workforce
- developing a more effective substance use prevention and mental health delivery system
In addition, in 2017 the state developed seven Regional Prevention Task Forces to oversee substance abuse prevention and behavioral health promotion. These task forces serve to assess community substance use prevention needs and address gaps in communities’ capacity to respond to these needs.
What To Look For In Rhode Island Rehab Centers
Choosing the best treatment center for yourself or a loved one struggling with addiction can be an intimidating process.
You’ll likely have to take into account several factors, such as the level of care that’s needed, the type and severity of the addiction, and other personal factors.
When searching for a drug and alcohol rehab center in or near Rhode Island, look for a treatment facility that can offer the following:
- Evidence-Based Treatment: The best substance abuse treatment centers use treatments that are proven to help individuals overcome addiction and maintain sobriety.
- Customized Approach: Find a rehab center that understands the importance of creating custom-fit treatment plans to meet the individual needs of patients.
- Supportive Environment: A supportive environment for addiction recovery includes a comfortable treatment setting and 24-hour access to medical and behavioral support.
- Wide Array of Treatments: Offering a wide selection of treatment services and therapies provides an opportunity for patients to explore what treatments work best for them.
- Relapse Prevention Planning: The best treatment facility understands the importance of teaching patients supportive strategies for preventing relapse in early sobriety.
Using Insurance To Pay For Rhode Island Drug And Alcohol Rehab
When searching for a drug rehab center in or near Rhode Island, another major factor to consider is how you plan to pay for treatment.
Most private rehab centers accept some form of insurance to help cover full or partial treatment costs. However, the types of addiction treatment programs that are covered under an insurance plan may vary.
Types of insurance that may cover substance abuse treatment include:
- Private insurance
- Medicaid and Medicare
- State-funded insurance
- Military insurance
The best way to learn which types of substance abuse treatment are covered under your insurance plan is to contact your insurance company directly. You may also find information about which Rhode Island rehab centers accept your insurance online through your insurance company’s website.
Our New England Drug Rehab Center
Spring Hill Recovery Center is an accredited drug rehab center in Northern Massachusetts that treats residents throughout the New England area.
If you or a loved one is searching for substance use disorder treatment in or near Rhode Island, Spring Hill may be right for you.
Spring Hill offers residential programs and intensive outpatient programs to treat various types of addiction, including addiction to heroin, prescription opioids, and alcohol.
Access To Medical Detox
The first step on the path to recovery from drug addiction is to get sober. Entering a medical detoxification program is the safest way to withdraw from addictive substances.
Spring Hill Recovery Center partners with several nearby alcohol and drug detox centers to coordinate a smooth transition from detox to our residential rehab program.
Residential Inpatient Treatment
Spring Hill Recovery offers an evidence-based residential treatment program that is customizable to meet the individual needs of patients.
Our residential program features an array of clinical and holistic therapies to treat the mind and body in early sobriety.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Art and Music Therapy
- Adventure-Based Therapy
- Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
Family involvement is also encouraged throughout the course of our residential rehab program. Our recovery programs welcome the participation of family members who wish to learn more about drug addiction and how to support their loved ones in recovery.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
After completing our residential treatment program, many patients transition into our intensive outpatient treatment program. This is a less-intensive form of substance abuse treatment that does not involve 24-hour care.
For patients who travel to Spring Hill from out of state, Spring Hill does coordinate with several nearby sober living homes to provide easy access to IOP at our treatment facility.
Spring Hill recognizes the importance of remaining connected to recovery support services following the completion of a formal treatment program. The primary form of aftercare at Spring Hill is our alumni recovery support network. This network provides access to alumni recovery support groups and events at Spring Hill.
Finding Addiction Treatment When You Live In Rhode Island
Recovery is possible. If you or a loved one in Rhode Island is looking for drug and alcohol treatment in the Greater New England area, look no further than Spring Hill Recovery in Ashby, Massachusetts.
Located in a peaceful, wooded area of Northern Massachusetts, our serene treatment environment offers a restorative setting for patients to address the root causes of their addiction and learn supportive strategies for recovery.
If you’re traveling to Spring Hill from Rhode Island, our treatment staff can assist in making travel arrangements. We can also verify insurance and perform an initial drug and alcohol rehab assessment to determine a treatment plan most suitable to meet your needs.
Call us today to learn more about Spring Hill’s drug and alcohol recovery programs and the types of rehab treatment options we offer.
Choose a city below to find a drug rehab center near you:
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)—Rhode Island: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/rhode-island-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- The State of Rhode Island: Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals—RI’s State Epidemiological Profile https://bhddh.ri.gov/substance_use/pdf/FINAL%202019%20State%20Epidemiological%20Report%20updated%205.4.2020.pdf
- The State of Rhode Island: Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals—Final Strategic Plan for Substance Abuse Prevention 2019 https://bhddh.ri.gov/substance_use/pdf/BHDDH%20Final%20Prevention%20Strategic%20Plan%204-12-16.pdf
- Rhode Island Prevention Resource Center—Rhode Island Orientation Guide for Regional Prevention Coalitions https://1jhpx52ed2l72zja983tp5xl-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/RI-Orientation-Guide-FINAL.pdf
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)—2015 TEDS State Report https://wwwdasis.samhsa.gov/dasis2/teds_pubs/2015_teds_rpt_st.pdf
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)—Behavioral Health Barometer: Rhode Island 2015 https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/2015_Rhode-Island_BHBarometer.pdf