Haverhill, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Haverhill Substance Abuse Statistics
- Alcohol And Drug Treatment
- Choosing The Best Rehab Program
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
- Sober Living
- Aftercare Recovery Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Alcohol and drug rehab centers near Haverhill, Massachusetts provide residents of the city inpatient, outpatient, and residential treatment options to assist with recovery from substance abuse.
Haverhill, Massachusetts is a small city located roughly 35 miles outside of Boston. Despite the size of the city and its proximity to Boston, it is an area that is greatly impacted by the opioid crisis and the growing challenges with fentanyl. Addiction to opiate drugs l is causing an increase in overdose cases and overdose deaths in the area.
Alcohol and drug rehab centers near Haverhill offer assistance for those who want to obtain sobriety or strengthen their recovery efforts. The programs allow individuals to start working on their goals or to improve their ability to address substance abuse in a safe and healthy environment.
Haverhill, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Opioid and fentanyl abuse are a growing concern in the Haverhill, Massachusetts area. The city has seen a significant change in the rate of overdose deaths and substance abuse over the past four years. This substance abuse issue continues to raise concerns among police officers and officials throughout the city.
Although the state of Massachusetts has seen a significant rise in drug and alcohol abuse over time, the Haverhill area is facing a challenge when it comes to fentanyl and illegally developed fentanyl. Since the drug is stronger than many other opioid substances, the risk of overdose has increased throughout the area.
The substances that are most abused in the Haverhill area include:
The rate of death from overdosing on drugs has increased from 94 deaths in 2012 to 273 deaths in 2016. The area has also seen an increase in overdose calls to the police in 2019 with a total of 514 overdose calls. It is estimated that 80 percent of overdose deaths in the Haverhill area are due to fentanyl abuse.
However, by seeking addiction treatment, it is possible to make positive changes to an individual’s quality of life or to possibly save that person’s life.
Haverhill Alcohol And Drug Treatment
Due to growing alcohol and drug abuse trends in Haverhill, officials in the city are taking measures to address these concerns.
Specific measures officials are taking to reduce substance abuse in the local area include:
- starting up the HOPE program, or the Haverhill Opioid Prevention and Education program
- adding more health teachers to local and city schools
- setting up the Learn to Cope program, which assists families of addicted individuals
- increasing treatment programs to improve addiction recovery efforts
- obtaining more grant funds to set up new programs to help individuals struggling with addiction find help through local fire stations and police stations
Drug and alcohol rehab offers a variety of options for individuals who want to recover from substance abuse. These treatment programs provide solutions for those who need 24-hour care as well as individuals who may need support in their normal environment.
Choosing The Best Drug Rehab Program
Finding the right rehab program near Haverhill can seem like a challenging process. By clarifying the factors that may assist with personal recovery goals, it is possible to ensure that you or a loved one get the right treatment.
Factors to consider when looking into a program include:
- evidence-based treatments, which may include cognitive behavioral treatments that are shown to be effective against substance abuse
- continuum of care, which recognizes that the recovery process requires a commitment to helping with the maintenance of recovery
- customized treatment plans, which work around the specific needs of the individual in recovery
- relapse prevention plans, which help reduce the risk of relapse through proper planning and preparation
- specialized treatments based on personal needs, which are designed to help with the specific factors that may contribute to substance abuse
Rehab Centers Near Haverhill, Massachusetts
Rehab centers in and around the Haverhill, Massachusetts area provide a wide array of treatment options. The challenge is finding the right type of treatment to assist with personal goals and the current situation as it relates to substance abuse and recovery.
The type of program that is suitable for an individual’s needs will vary based on their situation. An individual who is newly sober may need greater support than an individual who has completed inpatient treatment and plans to move forward with long-term goals in their normal environment.
The key is recognizing the different options and how each type of program may assist with recovery.
Alcohol and drug detox programs focus on providing the 24-hour care and supervision an individual may need throughout the process of withdrawing from substance abuse.
Detoxification programs offer behavioral and medical support through the difficulties of starting on the journey to recovery. They also provide individuals with a substance use disorder the support to get through withdrawal symptoms, and transition into a residential program after completing the initial detox program.
Detox centers usually offer services for three to seven days; however, specific times may vary based on the substance and the risks.
Inpatient Treatment Near Haverhill
Inpatient treatment refers to programs that offer 24-hour support during the initial stages of recovery. Residential drug rehab programs may last from one to six months, depending on the needs of the individual and the details of the specific program. As a residential treatment program, it emphasizes the need to recover in a safe and secure environment.
Inpatient rehab programs may offer a variety of solutions for recovery. These may include a varied approach to recovery and alternative treatments as part of the recovery process. Residential treatment also focuses on the physical, emotional, behavioral, and psychological aspects of addiction recovery to ensure that individuals are able to maintain their goals after initial treatment.
Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment In Massachusetts
Outpatient treatment programs near the Haverhill area offer different levels of care based on the needs of the individual. The programs may emphasize partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient treatment, or standard outpatient services with a focus on counseling, support, and long-term recovery.
An outpatient rehab program is a flexible option that may assist individuals who have careers or other obligations that limit their ability to go through more intensive residential programs. It is also a good option for individuals who are planning to strengthen recovery efforts after inpatient treatment.
Sober Living Or Transitional Facilities
A sober living or transitional facility provides a supportive environment when individuals have completed a residential drug rehab program. As the name implies, it is a transitional solution while moving from 24-hour care into a new, healthy lifestyle. Sober living homes provide extra support during the initial transition back into society.
Aftercare Recovery Programs
Aftercare programs, or continuing care programs, are solutions to help with maintaining recovery over time. The programs recognize that recovery is a long-term process and provide assistance to keep up with community resources, obtain support, and to succeed in long-term recovery goals.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Haverhill
If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder in Haverhill, then treatment from Spring Hill Recovery Center may be an option to help you enter recovery. Our secluded rehab center offers a serene environment with a patient-centered approach to recovery that emphasizes long-term recovery goals.
Our rehab center is accredited and offers a combination of residential and intensive outpatient treatment that helps individuals learn to manage in recovery. To learn more about our treatment options or to discuss your concerns with an experienced treatment professional, call the Spring Hill Recovery Center today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Census.gov—US Census Bureau QuickFacts: Haverhill city, Massachusetts https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/haverhillcitymassachusetts
- DrugAbuse.gov—Types of Treatment Programs https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs
- Mass.gov—Data Brief: Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths among Massachusetts Residents https://www.mass.gov/doc/opioid-related-overdose-deaths-among-ma-residents-june-2020/download
- The Haverhill Gazette—Drug epidemic keeps grip on city https://www.hgazette.com/news/local_news/drug-epidemic-keeps-grip-on-city/article_b53ce24a-5bbc-5d1d-8a9b-6863746c9ffe.html