Lawrence, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Lawrence Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Treatment Center
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab Program
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living
- Continuing Care
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Alcohol and drug treatment centers near Lawrence, Massachusetts offer inpatient and residential rehab programs and outpatient treatment options for residents who want to beat addiction.
Lawrence is a large city located in Essex County, which is one of several Massachusetts counties that has been extremely affected by the state’s opioid crisis. Addiction to opioids and other drugs is a major national health issue that can become life-threatening if not treated in a timely manner.
Drug and alcohol rehab centers in Lawrence and areas nearby have all kinds of treatment programs that can meet the needs of people who want to start treatment or desire to strengthen their addiction recovery.
Lawrence, Massachusetts Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Some of the most serious health issues reported in Lawrence are alcohol and opioid abuse. Addiction to certain drugs such as heroin, alcohol, and methamphetamine can have devastating effects on health, jobs, relationships, and other important aspects of life.
In 2017, over 1,000 Lawrence residents were admitted into a substance abuse treatment program.
Common substances of abuse include:
Substance abuse in Lawrence increased from 1,119 in 2010 to 1,312 in 2017. Getting help for alcohol or drug addiction can increase the quality of life and save lives.
Lawrence Drug and Alcohol Treatment
Health officials in Essex County have created several programs to prevent overdose and abuse of these substances.
These programs include:
- education-based programs in Lawrence for residents and healthcare workers who can respond quickly to opioid overdoses
- lowering opioid prescriptions
- creating more Lawrence drug and alcohol treatment options
- developing negative stigma campaigns to help with the stigma of substance abuse and addiction
- joining Massachusetts programs based on grants that are in place to put together state opioid addiction prevention attempts in local communities
Drug rehab centers in the Lawrence area offer different addiction treatment programs that can treat residents with substance abuse issues.
Choosing A Drug Or Alcohol Treatment Center
Finding a quality Lawrence addiction rehab center can be stressful.
To help ease this process, be sure to look for important qualities, such as:
- high levels of family involvement to encourage the individual in treatment to complete the program
- 24-hour care
- treatment that is evidence-based
- detox programs
- support for alumni
- medication-assisted treatment
- individual treatment plans
- aftercare programs for individuals who need some more support
- relapse prevention planning
- different types of treatments and therapies
- experience with treating addictions
- professionals that are certified and credentialed
- comprehensive care
Rehab Centers Near Lawrence, Massachusetts
Rehab centers in Lawrence and nearby communities offer all kinds of treatment programs. Not all will have the same drug rehab programs available.
The type of addiction treatment programs will be affected by whether they just became sober or are looking to continue their recovery following graduation from a treatment program.
Drug And Alcohol Detox Programs
Lawrence drug detox centers have 24-hour care and supervision for residents needing a safe place to withdraw from substances that cause chemical dependency, such as alcohol and heroin.
Medical and mental health support is available in detoxification programs. They may also have services to assist residents in a residential rehab program.
Massachusetts Inpatient Rehab Program
Inpatient treatment programs have 24-hour medical monitoring available to residents trying to overcome alcohol or drug use. These residential treatment programs include different types of alternative and evidence-based therapies to assist patients in seeking healing from mental, psychological, and physical effects of addiction.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Different kinds of outpatient treatment services are available, such as partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and standard outpatient programs. A variety of outpatient services are available through each of these programs.
Outpatient rehab programs are great for working professionals who need the flexibility to work and attend a drug rehab program. These services are also helpful for individuals who are looking for extra support after graduating from an inpatient rehab program.
Sober Living And Transitional Facilities
Sober living homes are perfect for those who need continued support where they live or do not have a supportive housing situation to go back to. This type of transitional care allows residents who just got out of a program to slowly re-enter a regular routine with some support.
Continuing Care Programs
Achieving long-term recovery can take time. Aftercare programs can help by connecting newly sober individuals with community resources, addiction support group networks, and treatment services in and near Lawrence. These resources are in place to help residents thrive in their recovery.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Lawrence, Massachusetts
Spring Hill Recovery Center is an accredited Massachusetts rehab center that serves Lawrence residents and surrounding communities. We are located less than an hour away in Ashby. Our secluded drug rehab center is the perfect place to recover from a drug and alcohol addiction for New England residents.
We are an inpatient rehab center with intensive outpatient and residential treatment programs and offer numerous treatment services to help individuals recover from addiction.
Call Spring Hill Recovery at your earliest convenience to get more information about our programs.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Mass.gov—Substance addiction treatment admission statistics https://www.mass.gov/lists/substance-addiction-treatment-admissions-statistics#geographic-based-admissions-statistics-
- Mass.gov—Substance Addiction Services https://www.mass.gov/service-details/substance-addiction-services-descriptions
- Substance Free Lawrence—Substance Abuse Prevention https://www.fsmv.org/substance-abuse-prevention/