Southbridge, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Southbridge Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Rehab Center
- Drug Detox Services
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living
- Aftercare Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Alcohol and drug treatment centers in Southbridge, Massachusetts offer those who are struggling with a substance use disorder proven methods that can help them overcome these challenges. Treatment options can include inpatient, residential, and outpatient treatment.
Officially known as the Town of Southbridge, this community is located in Worcester County, Massachusetts. According to data gathered by the 2010 United States Census, there were 16,719 people who called Southbridge home.
Addiction treatment centers that serve Southbridge, Massachusetts, and other areas nearby offer residents a range of evidence-based treatment programs to choose from.
Whether an individual is looking to make their addiction recovery stronger or they are taking the first steps toward sobriety, a high-quality drug rehab center has the resources to help.
Southbridge Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Like other areas of Worcester County, Southbridge has been devastated by the drug crisis. According to data released by the Massachusetts Department of Health, the number of people who have lost their lives in a five-year span from 2015 to 2019 has doubled.
In 2015, seven people died of a drug overdose. By 2016, a spike in deaths led to 12 people overdosing, while the following two years experienced five deaths each. However, in 2019, a staggering 14 people lost their struggle with drug and alcohol abuse.
There is hope for those who continue to struggle with drug and alcohol addiction. Rehab programs that are customized to meet the specific needs of each person are invaluable and a proven method of support and assistance.
Southbridge Drug And Alcohol Treatment
In an effort to fight the area’s growing opioid crisis, Worcester County health officials have adopted a number of rehab programs with diverse treatment approaches that are focused on prevention and treatment.
- creating campaigns designed to remove the stigma that is attached to alcohol and drug addiction
- reduce the rates that area treatment providers prescribe opioids
- take advantage of grant-funded programs offered by the state
- develop additional options for drug and alcohol treatment in the area
Choosing An Addiction Rehab Center
Choosing a Southbridge rehab center isn’t a one-size-fits-all situation. There are often treatment centers that focus solely on detox, adolescents, or outpatient programs.
In order to find the right addiction treatment center, look for key characteristics, such as the following:
- customized treatment plan: Because everyone who seeks treatment for a substance use disorder is different, their treatment plan should be tailored to fit their particular needs.
- evidence-based treatment: Today, there is a wealth of research regarding the best and most effective approaches for treatment. For example, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) has been proven to be an effective approach to addressing the issues surrounding substance use and abuse.
- continuum of care: People who struggle with an addiction need to have access to a range of care options as they move through their recovery. From detox and inpatient treatment to outpatient and sober housing options, a treatment center that supports individuals through all these phases is the ideal choice.
Rehab Centers Near Southbridge, Massachusetts
The help and support needed to address alcohol and drug abuse is offered in treatment centers close to Southbridge as well as nearby areas. However, it’s important to understand that not every residential treatment center is the same.
Some may offer treatment services only for those who are struggling with a particular substance, such as alcohol, marijuana, or opiates. Another consideration is the stage of recovery in which an individual is when they seek treatment.
Alcohol And Drug Detox
Drug and alcohol detox centers focus on helping individuals weather the mental, and often, physical, side effects that come about as the addictive substance leaves their body. For some people, the detoxification phase can be life-threatening, which is why it’s a good idea to choose a rehab facility that offers 24/7 medical treatment.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient rehab programs provide the resources and support that individuals who are struggling with a substance use disorder need. With access to a clinical team and medical personnel, Southbridge residents experience a range of residential programs and options that are designed to help them recover.
Residential treatment programs vary in approach and the treatments they offer, but many provide access to group therapy, behavioral therapy, mental health and dual diagnosis treatment, and much more.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment can come in a number of forms. The right type depends on what the individual needs and where they are in their recovery. Partial hospitalization, for example, allows the individual to sleep at home while taking advantage of a full day of substance use disorder programming.
Standard outpatient programs are often available in both day and evening sessions so individuals can choose the option that works best for them. This type of treatment takes dedication and a strong support system.
Sober Living And Transitional Facilities
Transitional facilities and sober living housing are important elements in the plan to provide individuals with customized treatment. In many cases, a person might not be ready to re-enter the community once they’ve graduated from their treatment center.
Sometimes aftercare means sponsoring “alumni meetings” in which graduates of a specific program continue to support each other afterward. In other instances, continuing care might involve hosting 12-step meetings regularly. Regardless of the approach a treatment center takes, these resources are vital to a person’s long-term recovery.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Southbridge Massachusetts
Spring Hill Recovery Center offers those struggling with a substance use disorder access to the life-saving treatment options they need.
Located just over an hour from Southbridge in Ashby, Spring Hill Recovery Center is staffed by kind, compassionate, and experienced professionals who offer the recovery programs needed to conquer drug or alcohol abuse.
Learn more by contacting us at Spring Hill Recovery Center today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Substance Free Worcester—Did You Know? Facts and Statistics for Worcester, MA https://substancefreeworcester.org/did-you-know-facts-and-statistics/
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health—Number of Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths https://www.mass.gov/doc/opioid-related-overdose-deaths-by-citytown-june-2020/download