Worcester, MA Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers | Worcester Rehab
- Worcester Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment
- How to Choose A Rehab Center
- Detox Centers
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Drug and alcohol rehab centers in Worcester, Massachusetts offer inpatient, residential, and outpatient treatment options for residents seeking to overcome addiction.
Worcester is the largest city in Worcester County, which is one of three Massachusetts counties that has been most seriously affected by the state’s opioid crisis. Addiction to opioids and other drugs is a major health issue that can become life-threatening without treatment.
Drug and alcohol rehab centers in Worcester and surrounding areas offer a wide range of treatment programs suitable to meet the needs of people who are beginning their sobriety or wish to strengthen their recovery.
Worcester, Massachusetts Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Opioid and alcohol abuse are some of the most serious health problems reported by Worcester residents. Addiction to drugs like heroin, alcohol, and methamphetamine can have damaging effects on health, employment, relationships, and more.
In 2017, over 6,000 Worcester residents were admitted into a substance abuse treatment program.
Common substances of abuse among Worcester residents include:
In the last decade, opioid-related deaths in Worcester County rose from 79 deaths in 2010 to 282 deaths in 2018. Seeking addiction treatment can not only improve quality of life—but it can also be life-saving.
Worcester, MA Drug and Alcohol Treatment
In order to combat the state’s deadly opioid crisis, health officials in Worcester County have developed a number of initiatives for substance abuse and overdose prevention.
Substance abuse prevention efforts in Worcester, Massachusetts include:
- expanding educational outreach in Worcester for residents and frontline healthcare workers who respond to opioid overdoses
- reducing opioid prescribing rates
- creating additional Worcester drug and alcohol treatment options
- developing anti-stigma campaigns to combat stigma surrounding substance abuse and addiction
- creating medication disposal sites for unused medications
- joining Massachusetts grant-funded programs to coordinate statewide opioid addiction prevention efforts in local communities
Worcester rehab centers offer a range of addiction treatment programs capable of treating residents who have varying needs, including those who require 24-hour care in an inpatient treatment program.
How to Choose A Rehab Center
Finding the best Worcester addiction rehab center can be a daunting process. When searching for a drug rehab center, you need to look for a treatment facility that is suitable to meet the physical, mental, and psychological needs of yourself or a loved one.
In addition to personal needs, there are several additional elements of a good rehab center you may wish to look for.
In your search for drug or alcohol rehab in Worcester and surrounding areas, consider choosing a rehab center that offers the following:
- customized treatment approach: the best rehab center understands that personalized treatment plans are often more effective to meet patient needs
- continuum of care: offering a continuum of care demonstrates a commitment towards helping patients maintain their progress in a residential rehab program for long-term recovery
- evidence-based treatment: evidence-based treatments like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) are shown to be effective for helping people overcome substance addiction
- treats your type of addiction: it’s important to look for a rehab center that has specialized experience in treating your type of addiction
- relapse prevention planning: providing patients with the tools, strategies, and resources to maintain recovery demonstrates a commitment to patient well-being
Rehab Centers Near Worcester, Massachusetts
Rehab centers in Worcester and surrounding areas offer a wide range of treatment programs. However, not every rehab center may offer the same types of drug rehab programs.
The type of addiction treatment program a person needs can depend on whether they are newly sober or looking to continue strengthening their recovery following the completion of a treatment program.
Alcohol and Drug Detox Centers
Worcester drug detox centers offer 24-hour care and supervision for residents who need to safely withdraw from addictive substances like heroin and alcohol. Detox programs in Worcester provide both medical and behavioral support. They may also offer services to help residents transition into a residential rehab program.
Massachusetts Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient rehab programs for drug and alcohol abuse offer 24-hour access to medical and behavioral support within a residential setting to help residents overcome addiction.
Worcester residential treatment programs may offer a variety of standard and alternative therapies to help patients heal from the physical, mental, and psychological effects of addiction.
Outpatient Treatment for Addiction
There are several types of outpatient addiction treatment services in and near Worcester, including: standard outpatient, intensive outpatient programs, and partial hospitalization. These programs vary in their intensity and treatment services offered.
Outpatient treatment programs are generally more flexible for working professionals and those looking to strengthen their commitment to recovery following the completion of an inpatient program.
Sober Living and Transitional Facilities
Sober living homes in Worcester and surrounding cities offer a clean and supportive living environment for those who may otherwise lack a supportive housing situation.
As a type of transitional care, sober living options in Worcester can be helpful to ease newly sober residents back into a normal routine after completing an inpatient, residential, or intensive outpatient program.
Aftercare and Continuing Care
Recovery is a long-term process. Aftercare programs for addiction serve to connect individuals to community-based resources, treatment services, and addiction support networks in Worcester to help newly sober residents flourish in their recovery.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Worcester, Massachusetts
If you or a loved one in Worcester is struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol, look no further than Spring Hill Recovery Center.
Located less than an hour away from Worcester, our secluded rehab center in Ashby offers a serene treatment environment that takes a patient-centered approach to help Massachusetts residents overcome drug and alcohol addiction.
Our accredited rehab center offers residential and intensive outpatient treatment programs, which feature a variety of treatment services to heal the mind and body in early addiction recovery.
For more information about our addiction treatment programs and the types of treatments we offer, call Spring Hill Recovery today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2021 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Mass.gov—Substance addiction treatment admission statistics https://www.mass.gov/lists/substance-addiction-treatment-admissions-statistics#geographic-based-admissions-statistics-
- Mass.gov—Substance Addiction Services Descriptions https://www.mass.gov/service-details/substance-addiction-services-descriptions
- Substance Free Worcester—Did You Know? Facts and Statistics for Worcester, MA https://substancefreeworcester.org/did-you-know-facts-and-statistics/
- Worcester Business Journal—Worcester County fighting a three-part opioid syndemic https://www.wbjournal.com/article/worcester-county-fighting-a-three-part-opioid-syndemic