Cherry Hill, NJ Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Cherry Hill Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Rehab Center
- Drug Detox Programs
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Aftercare Recovery Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Alcohol and drug treatment is one of the most critical steps in the recovery journey. Substance use disorder is a chronic, relapsing disease, and treatment programs give Cherry Hill, New Jersey residents the tools they need to live a sober life.
Changing the behaviors associated with substance use disorders is a process that most people can’t do alone. Drug and alcohol addiction treatment helps you make changes that can keep you living a sober life.
It often starts with intensive therapy in an inpatient treatment facility or using outpatient services. There are treatment programs like these near Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The city of Cherry Hill has seen an increase in substance abuse admissions over the last few years. In 2017, 388 people from this town entered treatment programs for help with alcohol or drug addiction. By 2018, that number increased to 436.
It’s a trend that goes beyond Cherry Hill. The entire county of Camden is seeing a similar increase. The most prevalent drug there continues to be heroin.
Cherry Hill Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The state of New Jersey is proactive in the fight against drug abuse. Camden County has a program in place that is a collaborative effort between law enforcement, public health, healthcare organizations, and other parts of the community.
The goal is to raise awareness about the various treatment options available and where to find help for alcohol and drug abuse.
They have marketing programs like “Right in My Back Yard” and “Hidden in Plain Sight” to help the public recognize the signs of substance use disorder.
Choosing An Addiction Rehab Center
Choosing a drug and alcohol rehab center can be tricky. You might not know what to look for exactly.
Here are some of the features you want an addiction treatment program to offer:
- individualized treatment plans, because no two people have exactly the same substance use issues.
- proper accreditation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) or other accrediting organizations
- a continuum of care, which means they provide support throughout the recovery journey
- evidence-based treatment — not all therapies have evidence to back them up. Look for proven treatment approaches like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- different therapeutic approaches — the best way to ensure you have access to the treatment that works best for you
- detox services — detox will be the first step in substance abuse treatment for most people
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT) — MAT is especially important to those with an opioid use disorder
- 24-hour care — even for outpatient services, there should always be someone to provide support
- treatment for your drug of abuse, such as alcohol or opiates
- certified and credentialed professionals — this means they are trained in handling the complex therapies that improve your chances of a successful recovery
- relapse prevention planning — the goal is to give you tools to help lower your risk of relapse
- aftercare programs — aftercare continues the support after you complete primary treatment.
- alumni support — provides additional recovery resources, sometimes for life
- family involvement — family is most likely going to be your major source of support
Rehab Centers Near Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Not all treatment centers or programs are the same, but here are some of the more common levels of care.
Alcohol And Drug Detox
Medical detox is the first step in addiction recovery for most people. The body develops a physical need for certain drugs, like opioids or alcohol.
When you stop using those drugs, you may experience withdrawal symptoms. Detoxification allows you to go through withdrawal with medical supervision to keep you comfortable and safe.
Medications, such as methadone, buprenorphine, or others, may be used to provide greater comfort as well.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient or residential treatment allows you to live in a protected environment with others also working towards recovery.
While in an inpatient treatment program, you can expect personal and group therapy using proven techniques, like cognitive behavioral therapy.
Many people with drug or alcohol abuse issues may also have a co-occurring mental health disorder (dual diagnosis), so mental health treatment may also be included in inpatient drug rehab. There will likely be other activities, too, such as exercise and recreation.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment provides a more flexible approach for drug rehab, but one that might not be right for everyone.
With this form of addiction treatment, you live at home with friends or family. You may also stay in a sober living community. Outpatient treatment centers do tend to be less expensive, but they require a strong recovery support system.
The type of outpatient program will vary by the rehab center that offers it, but some choices include partial hospitalization programs (PHP) and intensive outpatient programs (IOP).
Sober Living Facilities
Sober living programs provide you with a place to stay where everyone abstains from drug and alcohol use. Typically, the programs are for those in recovery. They help keep them away from triggers that might put them at risk for relapse.
Aftercare Recovery Programs
Aftercare services start when primary care ends. The goal is to offer you support as you transition back into the community.
The exact services will vary based on the treatment provider and what you need. They often focus on fundamentals, like housing, 12-step meetings (Alcoholics Anonymous, for example), and support groups.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Cherry Hill, New Jersey
If you or a loved one needs addiction treatment, Spring Hill Recovery Center is less than half a day’s drive from Cherry Hill, NJ. We can offer you a variety of treatment services in a safe, relaxing environment.
If you’re concerned about the commitment, know that getting away for alcohol and drug treatment can provide a number of benefits, such as taking you away from the environment of abuse and triggers.
Our treatment specialists can help you arrange for travel to our addiction treatment center, review your health insurance details, and assist in other ways to make your journey to recovery a smooth transition.
Call the Spring Hill Recovery Center admissions helpline today to find out more about our treatment programs.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Camden County Addiction Awareness Task Force—Opioid Crisis Camden Country New Jersey 2019 https://www.camdencounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/397-Camden-County-Overdoses-booklet_10.31.pdf
- New Jersey Department of Human Services—Substance Abuse Overview 2017 Camden County https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dmhas/publications/statistical/Substance%20Abuse%20Overview/2017/Cam.pdf
- New Jersey Department of Human Services—Substance Abuse Overview 2018 Camden County https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dmhas/publications/statistical/Substance%20Abuse%20Overview/2018/Cam.pdf
- The National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics—Drug Abuse Statistics https://drugabusestatistics.org/