Huntington, NY Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
Locating an excellent alcohol and drug treatment center is one of the first steps to recovering from addiction. Drug rehab centers in and around Huntington, New York offer inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, and a number of evidence-based treatment programs to help New Yorkers recover from addiction.
Inpatient treatment and other intensive treatment programs provide around-the-clock medical and behavioral support to help individuals suffering from addiction achieve long-term recovery.
Huntington, New York and surrounding Suffolk County are located near drug and alcohol rehab facilities. Addiction treatment centers offer multiple specialized treatment options to suit each person’s path to recovery, whether they are just beginning the journey or are seeking continuing care.
Huntington, New York Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Huntington, New York is located on the northern shore of Long Island in Suffolk County. This county, and the entire state of New York, is currently battling an opioid epidemic.
Drug overdose deaths have been increasing in Suffolk County for more than a decade. In 2016, more than 220 residents of Long Island died from fentanyl overdoses alone.
Some of the most commonly abused drugs in Huntington are:
Suffolk County officials explained that roughly 80 percent of heroin addiction begins with prescription opioids. Finding quality addiction treatment is often the surest way to overcome this addiction.
Huntington, New York Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Officials in Huntington and across Suffolk County have been taking numerous actions to stifle the opioid epidemic. Huntington is nearby drug and alcohol rehab centers that treat addiction and promote long-term recovery through evidence-based treatment programs.
The following are additional preventative actions being taken across the county and state:
- more available Narcan kits and training
- mental health training for leaders and educators
- civilian programs to increase awareness
- free drug and alcohol testing kits for parents
- 24/7 substance abuse treatment hotline
- medication take-back programs
- and more
Choosing A Quality Drug Rehab Center
Choosing an excellent drug and alcohol rehab center can be an intimidating task. You want yourself or your loved one to receive the highest level of care in a safe and comfortable environment.
Many of the top addiction treatment centers share a number of the following programs or characteristics:
- evidence-based treatment: treatment methods have been tested and proven to promote long-term recovery
- customized treatment approach: the treatment program is tailored to suit your specific addiction and needs
- aftercare programs: the drug rehab center offers support and additional treatment programs beyond inpatient and outpatient treatment
- 24-hour care: patients receive ongoing medical and mental health care and support throughout rehab treatment
- relapse prevention planning: patients are trained in identifying triggers and managing them in long-term recovery
Rehab Centers Near Huntington, New York
Individuals seeking a quality drug and alcohol rehab center near Huntington, New York will find a number of available treatment options. Treatment types can vary from one drug rehab to another, but the following programs and services are some of the most common.
Alcohol And Drug Detox
Detox is often the first step in the recovery process. Drug and alcohol detox centers offer around-the-clock monitoring and medical care for those withdrawing from addictive substances.
These treatment centers may also help manage the physical symptoms of withdrawal with medications that have been proven effective in helping patients detox safely.
Inpatient Treatment Programs
Inpatient treatment, or residential treatment, involves the recovering individual moving into a drug rehab treatment facility. Here, the patient receives 24-hour access to medical and behavioral care. Residential treatment programs involve a variety of treatments, including therapies, individual activities, group activities, and more.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment programs vary in length and intensity depending on the recovering individual’s needs and place in the recovery process.
Whether traditional or intensive, outpatient treatment typically follows the completion of an inpatient treatment program. Outpatient services allow the recovering individual to continue some aspects of normal life, such as work or school.
Sober living homes, or transitional facilities, help the recovering individual transition from inpatient or outpatient treatment to daily life in a safe, supportive living environment.
Sober living homes are typically available to recovering individuals who do not have a supportive living environment to which they can return following residential treatment.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
The recovery process is one that never ends, and that’s why continuing care is so essential.
The following are several types of aftercare or continuing care that help recovering individuals continue the path to recovery outside residential or outpatient treatment:
- rehab center alumni programs
- addiction support group networks
- 12-step programs
- individual therapy
- group therapy
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Huntington, New York
The path to recovery begins when you contact a quality drug rehab center. Spring Hill Recovery Center is an accredited drug and alcohol rehab facility praised for helping individuals suffering from addiction reach long-term recovery through evidence-based treatment methods.
Located in Ashby, Massachusetts, Spring Hill Recovery Center is just four hours north of Huntington, New York by car. Here, recovering individuals can experience patient-focused treatment methods in a serene, healing environment.
There’s no better time than now to start your journey to long-term recovery. Contact the addiction treatment experts at Spring Hill Recovery today to learn more.
- DrugAbuse.gov—The Science of Drug Use And Addiction: The Basics https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/media-guide/science-drug-use-addiction-basics
- Health.ny.gov—Opioid-related Data in New York State https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/opioid/
- Suffolk County Legislature—Suffolk County Heroin and Opiate Epidemic Advisory Panel https://www.licadd.org/application/files/3415/7799/1036/FINAL_-_2019_Opiate_Epidemic_Advisory_Panel_Report.pdf