Staten Island, NY Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Staten Island Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Quality Rehab Center
- Detox Centers
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Staten Island residents have access to accredited alcohol and drug treatment centers. These rehab facilities offer a variety of programs, including detox, inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, and more.
The state of New York has been battling an opioid epidemic for decades. Staten Island, like the other five boroughs of New York City, is continuously seeing the negative effects of opioid addiction and other substance abuse issues.
Addiction is the most severe form of a substance use disorder, and it can cause serious harm to the addicted individual, his or her family, and the community surrounding them. The surest way to combat addiction is through professional treatment at an accredited drug and alcohol rehab center.
Staten Island, New York Drug And Alcohol Abuse
More than 1,400 unintentional overdose deaths were recorded in New York City in 2019. Staten Island residents accounted for 114 of those deaths.
The opioid epidemic and other substance use disorders have caused a number of personal and community-wide problems on Staten Island and beyond.
The following are some of the societal issues associated with alcohol and drug addiction:
- increased healthcare costs
- lower productivity
- increased unemployment
- increased crime
- financial difficulties
Treatment at a credentialed drug rehab center is one of the few ways to truly conquer drug and alcohol use and the harmful effects it has on individuals and the community.
Staten Island Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The Staten Island and greater New York City community are taking numerous actions to prevent opioid addiction and other substance abuse issues. Many of these actions involve reducing the stigma surrounding addiction, openly discussing the issue, and providing more information and resources to the public.
The following are some preventative efforts being taken on Staten Island:
- providing more access to opioid addiction services
- creating more comprehensive health services
- targeting a campaign to reduce stigma
- development of an online resource for locating addiction treatment services
- learning directly from those in recovery
Staten Island residents have access to a number of nearby drug and alcohol rehab centers offering a variety of inpatient and outpatient treatment options.
Selecting A Quality Drug Rehab Center
Finding a drug and alcohol rehab center that’s ideal for you or your loved one may feel like a difficult task.
The following are a few important characteristics to look for when choosing a quality rehab center:
- individualized treatment: treatment program is designed specifically to treat your addiction and individual needs
- evidence-based treatment: treatment methods have been proven effective in promoting long-term recovery
- detox program: detox services with around-the-clock medical and behavioral support are available
- relapse prevention planning: offers the tools you need to continue the recovery process following inpatient or outpatient treatment
- accreditation: has been recognized for meeting defined quality standards for treatment facilities
Rehab Centers Near Staten Island, New York
Alcohol and drug treatment programs can vary from one drug rehab center to another. Although, many of the most esteemed drug rehab centers offer similar substance abuse treatment programs and services.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Centers
Detox is often the first step to addiction recovery. An addiction treatment center will provide 24-hour monitoring as the recovering individual undergoes the process of withdrawing from an addictive substance.
Many times, evidence-based medications, such as Suboxone or methadone, will be provided by medical professionals to help relieve withdrawal symptoms.
Inpatient Treatment For Drug Or Alcohol Addiction
Inpatient treatment programs near Staten Island typically require the recovering individual to move onto the drug rehab campus. Also known as residential treatment, this program involves a variety of individual and group therapies as well as nutrition programs, outdoor activities, and more.
Residential treatment programs are designed to help the individual heal from the mental, physical, and psychological effects of addiction. To that end, maany residential rehab programs provide mental health treatment in dual diagnosis programs as part of the patient’s treatment plan.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment programs in New York typically follow a stay at an inpatient treatment facility. These outpatient programs can vary in length and intensity, ranging from traditional outpatient treatment to partial hospitalization and more.
Outpatient services often offer the recovering individual more freedom and flexibility, so they can continue attending school or work while remaining on the path to recovery.
Sober Living And Transitional Facilities
Staten Island residents have access to a variety of sober living or transitional facilities. These homes serve as supportive, drug-free accommodations for those who have completed inpatient or outpatient treatment and may not have a safe housing situation to which they can return. Sober living homes help recovering individuals transition into a sober, daily routine.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Long-term recovery is a process that never ends. Recovering individuals who have completed outpatient or inpatient treatment can benefit greatly from community support systems in the following years. Rehab center alumni events, 12-step support group programs, and continued group therapy are all examples of continuing care.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Staten Island, New York
Today could be the day you take your first step toward recovery. Our addiction experts at Spring Hill Recovery Center are ready to welcome you or your addicted family member.
Spring Hill Recovery Center is an accredited alcohol and drug treatment center offering a variety of patient-centered addiction treatment programs.
Set in the gorgeous woodland surroundings of Ashby, Massachusetts, Spring Hill Recovery Center is just a short four-hour drive from Staten Island, New York. The tranquil atmosphere and evidence-based treatment methods allow recovering individuals to heal mentally and physically.
Contact us to find out more about Spring Hill Recovery Center and begin your path to long-term recovery today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Drugabuse.gov—New York: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/new-york-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Health.ny.gov—Addressing the Opioid Epidemic in New York State https://health.ny.gov/community/opioid_epidemic/
- NYC.gov—Health Department Announces Drug Overdose Deaths Decreased in 2018 for the First Time in Eight Years Following Historic Investments https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/about/press/pr2019/drug-overdose-deaths-decreased-in-2018-for-first-time-in-eight-years.page
- Snpnyc.org—Staten Island Needs Assessment: Opioid Addiction Prevention and Treatment Systems of Care http://www.snpnyc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/CU-SIPA-Opioid-Capstone-2017.pdf