Syracuse, NY Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers
- Syracuse Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Quality Rehab Center
- Detox Centers
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Seeking treatment is the first step to overcoming addiction and achieving long-term recovery. Syracuse, New York is located near a variety of drug and alcohol rehab centers, offering inpatient and outpatient treatment services to residents in Onondaga County and beyond.
Addiction is a disease and the most severe form of a substance use disorder. Alcohol and drug treatment at an accredited rehab center is the best way to stop using addictive substances and achieve a state of recovery.
Inpatient and intensive outpatient treatment programs provide the evidence-based tools needed to combat the physical and mental effects of addiction. Quality drug and alcohol rehab centers are available to residents in Syracuse, offering a variety of inpatient, residential, and outpatient treatment programs.
Syracuse, New York Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The city of Syracuse, Onondaga County, and the state of New York are battling a historic, statewide opioid epidemic. In 2019, deaths within the county due to opioid drug overdoses increased by almost 15 percent in nine months.
Heroin use in Onondaga County is increasing across all social classes. This is a trend that has also been seen across the state of New York as well as the United States. However, opioids aren’t the only drugs being abused in Onondaga County.
The following are common substances of abuse among Syracuse residents:
Syracuse Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The opioid epidemic and other substance abuse issues across Onondaga County have caused local officials to take action.
The following are some of the preventative efforts the city and county are taking to combat substance use disorders:
- legal action against manufacturers of opioid drugs
- sharing data freely between communities and agencies
- community programs to improve prevention efforts
- superior pain management, addiction, and treatment training for health care providers
- increased medication disposal sites
Addiction treatment centers offer aid to Syracuse residents suffering from addiction. Available treatments range from inpatient and residential treatment programs to intensive outpatient treatment and more.
Choosing A Quality Rehab Center
Choosing an effective addiction treatment center is one of the first of many steps on the path to long-term recovery.
The following are a few key elements of an excellent drug and alcohol rehab center:
- evidence-based treatment: treatment methods have been proven effective in promoting long-term recovery
- medication-assisted treatment: medication and medical staff are available around-the-clock
- individualized treatment: a treatment approach is customized to suit your addiction and needs
- accreditation: ensures high treatment standards
- relapse prevention planning: helps ensure a person is prepared for relapse in recovery
- continuum of care: helps individuals access the care they need in each stage of recovery
- alumni support: connects rehab program graduates to offer a strong recovery support system
- aftercare programs: set up recovering individuals for lasting sobriety through continued care
- specializes in your type of addiction: ensures you get care that is targeted to your specific needs
- available detox programs: many people in addiction treatment begin with drug and alcohol detox
Rehab Centers Near Syracuse, New York
Alcohol and drug treatment centers in Syracuse and surrounding areas provide a variety of inpatient treatment and outpatient treatment options. However, addiction treatment programs often vary from one drug rehab to another.
The type of addiction treatment program a recovering individual needs depends on their type of addiction and where they are in the recovery process.
Alcohol And Drug Detox Centers
Alcohol or drug detox is one of the first steps in the journey to recovery. Medical detox involves a process during which all traces of alcohol or drugs are removed from the recovering individual’s body. This process involves 24-hour monitoring, medical supervision, and the use of medications when needed, such as methadone or Suboxone.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment, or residential treatment, programs typically require the recovering individual to move onto the drug rehab center campus. These rehab programs include 24-hour access to behavioral and medical support.
Residential treatment programs often involve a variety of therapies, activities, and other rehab services to help the recovering individual heal mentally and physically.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment options vary based on the individual’s drug or alcohol addiction and where they stand in the treatment process. Many times, outpatient treatment programs follow inpatient or residential treatment. They can vary in intensity from traditional outpatient treatment, to partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient programs.
Outpatient services often allow the recovering individual to continue some aspects of normal life, such as attending school or work.
Sober Living Facilities
Transitional facilities, often known as sober living homes, are safe havens for recovering individuals following treatment in an inpatient or outpatient treatment setting. Sober living homes provide accommodation in a supportive, drug-free environment for those who may not have another supportive housing option.
Transitional facilities in and near Syracuse help ease patients who have completed other addiction treatment programs back into a traditional daily routine.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
The journey to long-term recovery is one that continues for life. That’s why aftercare and continuing care programs are so valuable to recovering individuals. These community-based programs, treatment services, and support group networks provide the support recovering individuals need to prevent relapse and achieve lifelong recovery.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Syracuse, New York
The sooner you begin the path to recovery, the sooner you can enjoy a more fulfilling, addiction-free life. Spring Hill Recovery Center offers a variety of evidence-based alcohol and drug treatment programs designed to help you reach long-term recovery.
Spring Hill is located in scenic Ashby, Massachusetts, less than five hours from Syracuse, New York by car. The tranquil, woodland setting provides an ideal atmosphere for healing the body and mind from the harmful effects of addiction or substance abuse.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol treatment, consider our nearby drug rehab center. We may be in contact with your health insurance and can help verify coverage when you call.
We can also provide a number of supportive services to help ease the admissions process, such as performing an initial drug and alcohol assessment for treatment and helping arrange for travel to our rehab facility. Contact Spring Hill Recovery Center to speak to a treatment professional about beginning your path to recovery today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2023 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Health.ny.gov—Opioid-related Data in New York State https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/opioid/
- Ongov.net—The Opioid Epidemic http://www.ongov.net/health/opioids/
- Syracuse New Times—Onondaga County Takes Legal Steps To Battle Opioid Epidemic https://www.syracusenewtimes.com/onondaga-county-takes-legal-steps-to-battle-opioid-epidemic/