The Bronx, NY Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- The Bronx Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Selecting A Rehab Center
- Alcohol And Drug Detox
- Inpatient Rehab Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Homes
- Continuing Care Programs
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Residents of the Bronx have access to a variety of nearby addiction treatment centers. These drug and alcohol rehab facilities provide inpatient, residential, and outpatient recovery programs to individuals suffering from addiction.
A historic opioid epidemic has been challenging the state of New York for decades. The Bronx is one of the five boroughs of New York City most affected by the epidemic and its negative impacts on the community.
Drug and alcohol addiction is a chronic disease that can be life-threatening if not treated. Residents of the Bronx, New York have access to a variety of addiction treatment centers offering inpatient, residential, and outpatient treatment programs.
The Bronx, New York Drug And Alcohol Abuse
New York City reported 1,444 overdose deaths in 2018. The borough with the highest number of unintentional overdose deaths was the Bronx, which experienced 391 overdose deaths in 2018 alone.
Substance use disorders, such as alcohol and drug addiction, cause a number of personal and societal problems, including but not limited to the following:
- increased unemployment
- increased health issues and expenses
- increased crime
- relationship/family problems
- reduced quality of life
Successfully stopping alcohol and drug use and entering recovery often requires treatment. The best types of substance abuse treatment are available through accredited drug and alcohol rehab centers. Seeking treatment for you or your loved one could be life-saving.
The Bronx Drug And Alcohol Treatment
The state of New York and New York City have taken numerous actions to help prevent drug abuse and reduce the number of overdose deaths across the city and state.
The following are some of the prevention methods currently being implemented in the Bronx and beyond:
- increased education on addiction and overdose prevention
- new, free “Stop OD NYC” mobile app
- increased funding to 14 syringe service programs in NYC
- further distribution of naloxone kits
- expanded access to opioid use disorder treatment
- and more
The city of New York has been working to provide residents with information regarding accredited drug and alcohol treatment centers near the Bronx and beyond. These treatment centers offer detox, inpatient treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and more.
Selecting A Drug Rehab Center Near The Bronx
Finding an ideal alcohol and drug treatment facility near the Bronx may seem like an intimidating task.
The following are some key treatment services and characteristics of a quality addiction treatment center:
- treats your type of addiction: the rehab center should specialize in treating your specific drug or alcohol addiction
- individualized treatment: treatment methods should be tailored to suit your individual physical and/or mental health needs
- relapse prevention planning: tools and resources are available to help prevent relapse after completion of inpatient or outpatient treatment
- detox programs available: access to the medical and substance abuse services needed for detox
- evidence-based treatment: treatment methods are proven effective in combating addiction and promoting long-term recovery
Rehab Centers Near The Bronx, New York
Not all alcohol and drug treatment centers are the same. Although, you will find that most accredited drug rehab centers offer similar addiction treatment programs.
Alcohol And Drug Detox
Detox is an essential and primary step on the path to recovery. Drug and alcohol detox centers offer around-the-clock support to those withdrawing from addictive substances due to chemical dependency.
Detoxification programs often offer evidence-based medications, such as methadone or buprenorphine, to help curb withdrawal symptoms.
Inpatient Drug Rehab Programs
Inpatient rehab programs, also known as residential treatment programs, require the recovering individual to move onto the rehab center campus. Here, they will receive around-the-clock access to medical and behavioral support, including therapy sessions, nutrition assistance, outdoor activities, counseling sessions, and more.
The treatment programs and activities offered in residential programs are designed to combat the physical and mental effects of addiction and promote long-term recovery.
Outpatient Treatment For Substance Abuse
Outpatient treatment programs can vary greatly in duration and intensity. A patient may undergo traditional outpatient treatment, partial hospitalization, or intensive outpatient treatment depending on where they are in the recovery process.
Outpatient services typically follow inpatient treatment and allow the recovering individual more freedom. Some patients will attend school, work, or fulfill other life obligations while undergoing outpatient treatment.
Sober Living Homes
A transitional facility, or sober living home, serves as a gateway to a traditional daily routine in early recovery. A sober living home provides a safe haven for the recovering individual, housing them in a safe, supportive, and drug-free environment.
Sober living homes and halfway houses near the Bronx are available to those who may not have a supportive home to which they can return following inpatient or residential treatment.
Continuing Care Programs
Continuing care is one of the most important parts of the recovery process. This is the support and care that is available to an individual once they’ve completed an inpatient or outpatient treatment program.
Examples of aftercare include the following:
- 12-step programs
- rehabilitation facility alumni support group
- continued individual therapy
- group therapy
- recovery support networks
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near The Bronx, New York
The path to recovery and a more fulfilling life begins here. Spring Hill Recovery Center is an accredited alcohol and drug treatment center offering evidence-based treatment plans to individuals suffering from addiction.
Spring Hill Recovery Center is located in the serene setting of Ashby, Massachusetts, less than 3.5 hours north of the Bronx. Here, individuals can heal mentally and physically from the harmful effects of addiction in a peaceful setting with access to 24-hour support.
Find out more about Spring Hill Recovery Center and our patient-centered treatment options by contacting our helpline to talk to our addiction experts today.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2022 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Drugabuse.gov—New York: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/new-york-opioid-involved-deaths-related-harms
- Health.ny.gov—Addressing the Opioid Epidemic in New York State https://health.ny.gov/community/opioid_epidemic/
- NYC.gov—Health Department Announces Drug Overdose Deaths Decreased in 2018 for the First Time in Eight Years Following Historic Investments https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/about/press/pr2019/drug-overdose-deaths-decreased-in-2018-for-first-time-in-eight-years.page