Belmont, MA Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
- Belmont Substance Abuse Statistics
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Choosing A Treatment Center
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Treatment Programs
- Outpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Aftercare Treatment Options
- Spring Hill Recovery Center
Belmont, Massachusetts residents are fortunate to have access to several top-quality drug and alcohol rehab facilities. Evidence-based treatment at an addiction treatment center is one of the only proven ways to achieve long-term recovery from addiction or a substance use disorder.
Addiction is a serious health condition surrounded by a lot of stigma. Middlesex County, the county in which Belmont is located, has been greatly affected by Massachusetts’ opioid crisis for decades.
However, the city and county are also battling other substance use disorders. In addition, many who struggle with drug and alcohol abuse also have a co-occuring mental health disorder, which can worsen substance abuse. These are major health issues that often need treatment before they become life-threatening.
Alcohol and drug treatment centers near Belmont and beyond offer a variety of outpatient rehab and inpatient treatment methods to help addicted individuals begin the path to addiction recovery.
Belmont, Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Middlesex County has not escaped the state of Massachusetts’ opioid crisis. In fact, the Middlesex Opioid Task Force reported 184 overdose deaths in the county in 2019. The reports stated that more than 80 percent of these deaths took place when the addicted individual was at home alone.
Drug and alcohol addiction can have numerous negative effects on the addicted individual as well as the community surrounding them.
The following are some of the adverse effects of drug abuse in Belmont, Massachusetts:
- family and relationship problems
- unemployment issues
- financial problems
- increased crime
- decreased overall health
Seeking addiction treatment for yourself or a loved one at an accredited addiction rehab center could save a life.
Belmont Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Middlesex County officials have been working tirelessly to combat the opioid pandemic and reduce overdose deaths. In fact, the number of opioid-related overdose deaths was reduced by 25 percent over the past four years.
The state of Massachusetts experienced a five percent drop in opioid-related deaths throughout the same length of time.
The following are some ways the county is currently fighting opiate overdoses, addiction, and substance abuse:
- creation of the Middlesex Opioid Task Force
- regular surveys documenting overdoses and other drug-related information
- drastically increased funding to prevent substance abuse in the county
- increased funding for intervention and treatment for Middlesex County residents
- increased access to Narcan nasal spray to reverse overdoses
Choosing A Substance Abuse Treatment Center
There’s no doubt you want to choose the drug rehab facility that’s best for you or your loved one.
The following are a few characteristics to look for when selecting an excellent addiction treatment center:
- treats your addiction: uses proven methods for treating your specific addiction
- continuum of care: provides varying levels of appropriate care, after completing residential treatment, based on where the individual is in the recovery process
- available detox programs: 24-hour treatment services are provided for those who need to withdraw from an addictive substance
- accreditation: recognized for meeting certain quality standards, such as those set by the Joint Commission and National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers
Rehab Centers Near Belmont, MA
Belmont, Massachusetts residents are fortunate to have accredited drug rehab centers nearby. These substance abuse treatment centers offer a multitude of addiction treatment methods, which can vary from one drug and alcohol rehab to another.
The following are the most common programs you’ll find at Massachusetts’ best addiction treatment centers:
Drug And Alcohol Detox Programs
Detox programs provide ongoing behavioral health support and medical supervision for addicted individuals undergoing the process of withdrawal.
Detoxification may include medication-assisted treatment to help the recovering individual cope with withdrawal symptoms. Medications used will vary by rehab program and the drug of abuse, but could include methadone or buprenorphine.
Inpatient Treatment Programs
Massachusetts inpatient treatment programs are also known as residential treatment programs. This addiction treatment method involves the recovering individual moving onto the treatment facility campus. Inpatient drug rehab is one of the most intensive types of treatment as it involves being at the rehab facility 24/7.
Treatment approaches for residential treatment programs vary, but could include behavioral therapy, like dialectical behavior therapy, group therapy, case management, dual diagnosis care, and other health services.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Intensive outpatient treatment and partial hospitalization programs are outpatient programs designed for patients who are prepared to begin the early stages of recovery with aid from a drug rehab center. Outpatient treatment allows the recovering individual more freedom to perform typical daily tasks, like attending work or school.
Sober Living Facilities
Sober living facilities offer safe, transitional homes for individuals recovering from alcohol or drug addiction. Typically, these individuals have already completed outpatient rehab or residential treatment and are prepared to return to a daily routine. Sober housing champions a drug-free environment to help recovering individuals stay on track.
Aftercare Treatment Options
Continuing care is emphasized by addiction experts as one of the most important parts of recovery. These are the rehab programs that provide the support needed to prevent relapse following completion of an inpatient or intensive outpatient treatment program.
Examples of aftercare recovery programs may include, 12-step meetings, group therapy, and drug rehab center alumni gatherings.
Spring Hill Recovery Center Near Belmont, Massachusetts
Spring Hill Recovery Center is an accredited inpatient treatment center located in scenic Ashby, Massachusetts. The city of Belmont is located just one hour south of the rehab center, which makes substance abuse treatment highly accessible to residents in this area.
At Spring Hill Recovery Center, we offer the most innovative, evidence-based treatment methods as well as a variety of alternative therapies, like nutritional education, yoga, outdoor adventures, and more. Our credentialed and certified addiction treatment experts always offer the highest levels of compassion and care.
Call our helpline today to find out more about our first-rate New England addiction treatment center and proven-effective treatment options.
Written by Spring Hill Editorial Team
©2022 Spring Hill Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.
- Mass.gov—Data brief: opioid-related overdose deaths among Massachusetts residents https://www.mass.gov/doc/opioid-related-overdose-deaths-among-ma-residents-june-2020/download
- Mass.gov—Substance addiction treatment admission statistics https://www.mass.gov/service-details/substance-addiction-services-descriptions
- MetroWest Daily News—Middlesex opioid-related overdose deaths decline more than the state's average https://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/20200301/middlesex-opioid-related-overdose-deaths-decline-more-than-states-average
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Drug Misuse and Addiction https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugs-brains-behavior-science-addiction/drug-misuse-addiction